Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default DOD Attempting Ballistic Missile Take Down

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/30/politi...th-korea-iran/

Looks like NK behavior is a bit more than annoying, whether Seoul likes US or not. Last stand of 'diplomacy?' Should be attempted in next few hours.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Good thing that unlike N Korea just doing it, we have to tell every-damned-one and his duck we're going to and give them a schedule. What dumbasses. What if it fails? That N Korean peacock will never shut up and the media dragging to death through the desert is a given.

SOme people need to learn to think before opening their damned mouths.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Good thing that unlike N Korea just doing it, we have to tell every-damned-one and his duck we're going to and give them a schedule. What dumbasses. What if it fails? That N Korean peacock will never shut up and the media dragging to death through the desert is a given.

SOme people need to learn to think before opening their damned mouths.
    We're not the only country that can pick up missiles fired, as the NK test breaking from Seoul, then Japan attest to over the weekend. Unlike NK, we really can't be shooting things up or down without warning.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    We're not the only country that can pick up missiles fired, as the NK test breaking from Seoul, then Japan attest to over the weekend. Unlike NK, we really can't be shooting things up or down without warning.
    Sure we can. All it takes is Lock and TOW -- press the red button. Works like a charm.

We keep screwing ourselves more than anyone else does being worried about what THEY think. We're the only ones following some set of rules that's -- guess what? -- designed to keep US in check. Everyone else does whatever the Hell they want.

If I blow up a US missile over the middle of the Pacific with another US missile? Get over it. I'll tell you about it later.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Sure we can. All it takes is Lock and TOW -- press the red button. Works like a charm.

We keep screwing ourselves more than anyone else does being worried about what THEY think. We're the only ones following some set of rules that's -- guess what? -- designed to keep US in check. Everyone else does whatever the Hell they want.

If I blow up a US missile over the middle of the Pacific with another US missile? Get over it. I'll tell you about it later.
    You're right, as proven by US not confirming the commitment to Article V with NATO. It's a grand new world and you are leading the charge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

You're right, as proven by US not confirming the commitment to Article V with NATO. It's a grand new world and you are leading the charge.
    No smartass, I'm watching the same old shit that hasn't worked yet crumble what's left of the world we have. Bunch of do-nothings. Just want to run your mouths and make deals no one's going to keep. Brilliant. Let the idiot children run the asylum. I sit with baited breath awaiting the next great plan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

No smartass, I'm watching the same old shit that hasn't worked yet crumble what's left of the world we have. Bunch of do-nothings. Just want to run your mouths and make deals no one's going to keep. Brilliant. Let the idiot children run the asylum. I sit with baited breath awaiting the next great plan.

Luckily the quiet ones like you and those that are in line with your thinking are more or less in control. Agreements no longer matter, not past ones and certainly no future ones.

It is a grand time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The article says we are going to fire a test missile, then says that Trump condemns the test. It is poorly written, so I am actually unsure whose test Trump condemns- NKs or ours.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The article says we are going to fire a test missile, then says that Trump condemns the test. It is poorly written, so I am actually unsure whose test Trump condemns- NKs or ours.
    Abbey, the 'condemned test' referred to NK's missile that landed by Japan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Abbey, the 'condemned test' referred to NK's missile that landed by Japan.
    I figured it did, but logic rather than the poor writing led me there. Pet peeve; sorry.

-Abbey

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I figured it did, but logic rather than the poor writing led me there. Pet peeve; sorry.
    No need for apology, I didn't write it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

No need for apology, I didn't write it.
    True! You aren't, but some people are even sensitive about their attachments.

-Abbey

15. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

It's actually pretty stunning that we haven't tested our system until now. I understand it's monstrously complex and difficult, but many people think we can easily shoot down a intercontinental missile. It's never been tested. Hopefully the test is encouraging.

17. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    It's actually pretty stunning that we haven't tested our system until now. I understand it's monstrously complex and difficult, but many people think we can easily shoot down a intercontinental missile. It's never been tested. Hopefully the test is encouraging.
    Yep. While the 'defense' anti-missile program worked in Iraq War for Israel, those scuds were very different from ICBM's. I heard this morning they hadn't planned on this schedule, indeed the program wasn't planned for this level of testing for several years. That was probably based on the intel from Obama information of Iran and NK's abilities and time tables.

Obviously, that intel was faulty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Luckily the quiet ones like you and those that are in line with your thinking are more or less in control. Agreements no longer matter, not past ones and certainly no future ones.

It is a grand time.
    I wouldn't start with me on this route, pot. I know how to fight. You know how to lose. I'll take my record over yours any day.

Playing ostrich hasn't made the Kims go away since 1949. They not going to start today by giving in to them yet again. We got enough problems to deal with in the world right now. Tim to declaw this little bastard and let him scurry back into his until the next weak-kneed Dem President comes along. He wants attention? I'm all for giving him some.