Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Two out of three Pakistanis favour Sharia

There are approximately 200 million people in Pakistan, do the math. And I assure you, Pakistan isn't alone, although the numbers may change a tad in Islamic lead countries. I suppose they're free to enjoy that barbaric and outdated laws, but I hope they don't try that here. It was scoffed at here and at my old digs for years, and yet we've seen it attempted already.

---

Two out of three Pakistanis favour Sharia

Nearly 67 per cent or two out of three Pakistanis support the imposition of Sharia as the only law of the land, showed a survey by Gallup Pakistan and the Gilani Research Foundation.

The results of the survey show a more radicalised Pakistan as a similar survey carried out by the same agency seven years ago showed only 51 per cent of the people surveyed had said that the Sharia should be the only law applicable to their society.

Today, only five per cent of those surveyed this year have said that they are not in favour of the Sharia being imposed on society.

The Gallup Pakistan-Gilani Research Foundation survey said that they asked a nationally representative sample of men and women from all four provinces of Pakistan (Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtukhwa) what described their understanding of Sharia and its implementation in Pakistan, and 67 per cent said that the Sharia should be the only law, 24 per cent said that the Sharia should be the law, but not the only law (that is other legislation is also possible), while five per cent said Sharia should not be the law of the land, while four per cent said they had no opinion on the matter.

In 2010, 51 per cent said Sharia should be the only law, 30 per cent said Sharia should not be the only law applicable, eight per cent said Sharia should not be the law of the land and 11 per cent said they had no opinion or view on the matter.

If a comparison is done over the change in the mindset of Pakistanis, then the poll finds that there is a 16 percent increase in the proportion of Pakistanis who have become more radicalized and believe that Sharia should be the only law, while there is a six per cent decrease in the proportion of Pakistanis who say Sharia should not be the only law.

The survey was carried out recently. Around 1846 men and women took part in it, and they were from both rural and urban areas in all four provinces.

Rest here - https://www.wionews.com/south-asia/t...a-survey-16362
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    There are approximately 200 million people in Pakistan, do the math. And I assure you, Pakistan isn't alone, although the numbers may change a tad in Islamic lead countries. I suppose they're free to enjoy that barbaric and outdated laws, but I hope they don't try that here. It was scoffed at here and at my old digs for years, and yet we've seen it attempted already.

---

Two out of three Pakistanis favour Sharia

Nearly 67 per cent or two out of three Pakistanis support the imposition of Sharia as the only law of the land, showed a survey by Gallup Pakistan and the Gilani Research Foundation.

The results of the survey show a more radicalised Pakistan as a similar survey carried out by the same agency seven years ago showed only 51 per cent of the people surveyed had said that the Sharia should be the only law applicable to their society.

Today, only five per cent of those surveyed this year have said that they are not in favour of the Sharia being imposed on society.

The Gallup Pakistan-Gilani Research Foundation survey said that they asked a nationally representative sample of men and women from all four provinces of Pakistan (Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtukhwa) what described their understanding of Sharia and its implementation in Pakistan, and 67 per cent said that the Sharia should be the only law, 24 per cent said that the Sharia should be the law, but not the only law (that is other legislation is also possible), while five per cent said Sharia should not be the law of the land, while four per cent said they had no opinion on the matter.

In 2010, 51 per cent said Sharia should be the only law, 30 per cent said Sharia should not be the only law applicable, eight per cent said Sharia should not be the law of the land and 11 per cent said they had no opinion or view on the matter.

If a comparison is done over the change in the mindset of Pakistanis, then the poll finds that there is a 16 percent increase in the proportion of Pakistanis who have become more radicalized and believe that Sharia should be the only law, while there is a six per cent decrease in the proportion of Pakistanis who say Sharia should not be the only law.

The survey was carried out recently. Around 1846 men and women took part in it, and they were from both rural and urban areas in all four provinces.

Rest here - https://www.wionews.com/south-asia/t...a-survey-16362
    Pakinstan is one of those "necessary" evils we turn a blind eye to because of their strategic location. They are as bad or worse than any of the countries in the region as far as their religion goes. They suck as an ally and really hampered our efforts to find bin Laden. I hope that one tiny little airstrip is worth it.

They're probably like Afghanistan and produce opiates as their GNP. I'm not sure. We're just S-O-O-O stupid when it comes to who we deal with. Pakistan is one of "those".
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Does this include Pakistanis living in America? We have a Pakistani family up the street. They dress in traditional garb, etc. They seem like a friendly family, always smile and wave. Their son went to school with our daughter, and seems very Americanized. I like them. But I can't help but wonder what is behind the smiles...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Did they actually interview each pak or is this one of those mathematical polls that you guys loved so much during the election?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Does this include Pakistanis living in America? We have a Pakistani family up the street. They dress in traditional garb, etc. They seem like a friendly family, always smile and wave. Their son went to school with our daughter, and seems very Americanized. I like them. But I can't help but wonder what is behind the smiles...
    They are like the rest. It just depends on whether or not they are religious zealots. We've had cases of "honor killings" here. We already know there are radicals here. They tell us on themselves in the media. We've already been attacked on US Soil more than twice.

Personally, I don't trust any of them. Call me racist. I don't particularly care. And they ALL seem perfectly harmless and nice until they blow themselves up in a crowded market.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Did they actually interview each pak or is this one of those mathematical polls that you guys loved so much during the election?
    I loved those polls

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I loved those polls
    Is he talking about the "No Path to 270" polls?
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Is he talking about the "No Path to 270" polls?
    I assume so.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Research shows similar widespread acceptance across the Middle East and Muslim world. Support for, or neutrality towards, ISIS and the Taliban are also much higher than one would think.

Like the saying goes: The moderate Muslim is the Muslim who wants the extremist Muslim to behead you.