Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I probably take some of the same meds that Jim does. You might want to remind him as well.
    Please fight without bringing me, or my personal life into it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yes. I read the article.

How many weeks did the Neil Gorsuch fight take? All resources were brought to bear to get him confirmed. How many people would have been vetted & nominated during that timeframe alone? We don't know.

You're missing my point regarding the obstructionist tactics bogging down normal administration business. Every minute spent overriding democrats is another minute gone from progress.

You have to look at the big picture overall. This RESIST!!! business is doomed to failure on every battle, but they're looking at the overall achievements being slowed to a crawl due to resources allocated to overcome each stonewalling effort. If they actually do shoot down a nominee, so much the better - but the victory lies in making Trump fight for it and keeping him from his agenda.

You can already see what the endgame is for 2018 and 2020 : "Oh, but what has Trump actually done? What has he repealed? What has he accomplished?" I see that all over the net already, and it will be THE major argument in these next 2 elections from the moonbats.

Ok, we're talking past each other, it happens.

Yes, Gorsuch was a partisan brouhaha, never expected different. In actuality, didn't take all that long, thanks to Harry Reid.

Still and all, my point is that the argument of 'Obama folks leaking,' while not submitting names that would make that much more difficult is not a winning strategy. They need to get a process going and get those names before Congress, not forgetting that most of them don't require any approval, they are strictly appointments. It's the 'bosses' that need to be approved, so that the others may be replaced.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    . It's the 'bosses' that need to be approved, so that the others may be replaced.
    Boom. Drop the mic.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Boom. Drop the mic.
    Can't be a mic drop, unless there's something there. Got to get those names in NT, that's on the administration. Can't see why Trump would want to micromanage getting rid of the potential leakers.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You can't tell me that democrats fighting tooth and nail over every appointment they can hasn't bogged down the entire administration. That's their strategy.
    The point is that you can 't bog down an appointment that hasn't been made. Trump has not made any nominations for hundreds of positions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Can't be a mic drop, unless there's something there. Got to get those names in NT, that's on the administration. Can't see why Trump would want to micromanage getting rid of the potential leakers.
    I'm having a hell of a time finding a recent list of backlogged appointments to head departments. I'll find it.

Another huge fight : How long did it take to get Sessions in there? Trump would be unwise indeed to just start filling DOJ positions ahead of the actual appointment of the top exec of that department. So everything was at a standstill during that huge fight, and in the meantime the democrats had the added bonus of RESIST!!! from within DOJ - remember Yates refusing to follow orders and being fired? A little bonus for the moonbats.

How long did it take to get Devos in there so that work could begin filling out DOE positions? It was a while.

How long for EPA head Pruitt? That was a bitter fight indeed.

How are we doing on filling Comey's spot? Ten bucks says that'll be drawn out as long as possible, no matter who the nominee is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The point is that you can 't bog down an appointment that hasn't been made. Trump has not made any nominations for hundreds of positions.
    Simply knowing beforehand that every single appointment will be bitterly challenged at every possible turn - no matter who it is - makes this infinitely slower in even coming up with a bulletproof nominee. At this point it doesn't matter what the stellar qualifications are (Gorsuch), they will be blocked to the best of democrats' abilities.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm having a hell of a time finding a recent list of backlogged appointments to head departments. I'll find it.

Another huge fight : How long did it take to get Sessions in there? Trump would be unwise indeed to just start filling DOJ positions ahead of the actual appointment of the top exec of that department. So everything was at a standstill during that huge fight, and in the meantime the democrats had the added bonus of RESIST!!! from within DOJ - remember Yates refusing to follow orders and being fired? A little bonus for the moonbats.

How long did it take to get Devos in there so that work could begin filling out DOE positions? It was a while.

How long for EPA head Pruitt? That was a bitter fight indeed.

How are we doing on filling Comey's spot? Ten bucks says that'll be drawn out as long as possible, no matter who the nominee is.
    Other presidents, Obama being the exception, didn't have pretty decent fights for some cabinet positions, they did. Can't fight for your people, until you put them out there. Can't even make an 'obstruction argument' effectively when there aren't folks being obstructed, because you've failed to nominate.

Might be a better idea though to put out some nominees and fight with Congress for approval, instead of the mayor of London. That guy? That's on the Londoners. Fight HERE, for your people, then get through your agenda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Other presidents, Obama being the exception, didn't have pretty decent fights for some cabinet positions, they did. Can't fight for your people, until you put them out there. Can't even make an 'obstruction argument' effectively when there aren't folks being obstructed, because you've failed to nominate.
    I think we can all agree that there has never been such a concerted effort to thwart any President like we're witnessing now. And please, no silliness talking about Lincoln and the civil war, you know what I'm talking about.

Might be a better idea though to put out some nominees and fight with Congress for approval, instead of the mayor of London. That guy? That's on the Londoners. Fight HERE, for your people, then get through your agenda.
    I doubt his early morning tweets before he got to the Oval Office had anything to do with the actual workday he put in.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 06-06-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I think we can all agree that there has never been such a concerted effort to thwart any President like we're witnessing now. And please, no silliness talking about Lincoln and the civil war, you know what I'm talking about.

I doubt his early morning tweets before he got to the Oval Office had anything to do with the actual workday he put in.
    The whole 'resist' thing seems more a social media phenomena, with the 'on the ground' accompaniment of some thugs/communist wannabes. No doubt that the Democrats are playing to that base, we're in agreement there, but they don't have the numbers to be effectual. Hostility of opposition is no excuse not to get the job done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Simply knowing beforehand that every single appointment will be bitterly challenged at every possible turn - no matter who it is - makes this infinitely slower in even coming up with a bulletproof nominee. At this point it doesn't matter what the stellar qualifications are (Gorsuch), they will be blocked to the best of democrats' abilities.
    What a cop out. Man up, make the nominations. This is a pitiful excuse even from you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Cry. Baby.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    What a cop out. Man up, make the nominations. This is a pitiful excuse even from you.
    Agreed, they should be faster.

And then I wonder how much faster the Dems will work in holding things up? Will they suddenly confirm the other 60+ because Trump is working faster?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Agreed, they should be faster.

And then I wonder how much faster the Dems will work in holding things up? Will they suddenly confirm the other 60+ because Trump is working faster?
    You make that claim when it happens. His responsibility is to make the nominations. You control almost the entirety of government and you still complain. If you can't govern in this HIGHLY advantageous environment, what does that tell you. Oh yeah, blame someone else. Where is the personal responsibility?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Memo to self: Speaking the truth is not a wise thing where the truth is not welcome.

Once again gabby. You intentionally OMITTED telling us...with you, and liberals, there are TWO VERSIONS of the Truth. The ACTUAL TRUTH, and the DEMOCRAT LIES THAT LIBERALS CLAIM IS THE TRUTH.

We can tell the difference because WE CAN PROVE there is an HONEST difference.

Look it up in the DNC Talking Points Manual on Liberal Double-Talk, and constantly repeated falsehoods....repeated so often, EVEN LIBERALS believe them.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !