set for next Thursday:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mi...rticle/2626537

Mike Lee to critics of GOP healthcare bill process: 'I share your frustration'

by Kimberly Leonard | <time itemprop="datePublished" datetime="2017-06-20T15:53:20-04:00" style="box-sizing: inherit; color: rgb(123, 134, 141);">Jun 20, 2017</time>

Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, on Tuesday, lamented the process by which Republicans in the Senate are working to write a healthcare bill, saying he had not read a version and that members were needlessly rushing toward a vote.

"If you're frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration. I share it wholeheartedly," Lee said, speaking in a video he posted on his Facebook page after noting his office had received a lot of calls. "The American people need and deserve to see legislation as it moves through the Senate."

"We should have been able to see it weeks ago if we are going to be voting on it next week," he added.

Lee, a conservative member of the party, said that he had understood that as being part of the healthcare working group he would contribute to writing the bill, but said he hadn't seen it and that "as far as I know the overwhelming majority of my colleagues haven't been able to see it either."

"It has become increasingly apparent in the last few days that even though we thought we were going to be in charge of writing a bill within this working group, it's not being written by us, it's apparently being written by a handful of staffers who are members of the Republican leadership in the Senate," he said.

There might be a problem when the process is murkier than what happened when Obamacare was rolled out.