Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Megyn Kelly and NBC busted

Even in the very first minute of the recording she tells Alex that it will be a regular sit down, no games no trying of "gotcha". He decided to record the entire thing anyway. And good thing he did, as it appears that they are doing just that, planning on editing and making him look like more of a nutter than he already is.

I don't like this guy, and I do think he's a conspiracy theorist. But that still doesn't give any MSM the right to interview and then edit it afterwards to change the complexion. I hope this starts more drama than I think and her show is now a failure.

---

Alex Jones - Megyn Kelly - Full interview leaked

Leaked audio means to set the record straight

https://www.infowars.com/alex-jones-...erview-leaked/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

She's a..... Whatever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I was just reading about that.

How can Alex Jones complain about an 'unfair interview' that hasn't even been aired yet? It sounded like it's not even complete at this time, so how can he make that call?

Alex has published a couple of valid scoops before, but the majority of his stuff is pretty outlandish and I think he caters mostly to The Tinfoil Brigade.

Seems to me he's being paranoid and got the cart WAY ahead of the horse on this one. Preemptively releasing audio and crying foul when he hasn't even seen it yet seems really weird.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    I was just reading about that.

How can Alex Jones complain about an 'unfair interview' that hasn't even been aired yet? It sounded like it's not even complete at this time, so how can he make that call?

Alex has published a couple of valid scoops before, but the majority of his stuff is pretty outlandish and I think he caters mostly to The Tinfoil Brigade.

Seems to me he's being paranoid and got the cart WAY ahead of the horse on this one. Preemptively releasing audio and crying foul when he hasn't even seen it yet seems really weird.
    I think various clips that they aired to preview the event, and it made him out to be a nutcase and distorted and taken out of context.

Sure, of course he IS nutter, but it's not what technically happened. I don't blame him for being pissed.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think various clips that they aired to preview the event, and it made him out to be a nutcase and distorted and taken out of context.

Sure, of course he IS nutter, but it's not what technically happened. I don't blame him for being pissed.

Well, if it turns out to be a hit piece, then his recordings of her assuring him that she would not stab him in the back will surely warn any future interviewees / guests on her new program.

If she were smart, she'd make sure it was a fair interview to save her own personal reputation and besmear his.

It'll be interesting and enlightening to see which route she takes.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

7. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Well, if it turns out to be a hit piece, then his recordings of her assuring him that she would not stab him in the back will surely warn any future interviewees / guests on her new program.

If she were smart, she'd make sure it was a fair interview to save her own personal reputation and besmear his.

Agreed.

I wonder why they don't just air the entire thing? I don't understand what the point would be if they pulled the gotcha thing. Most people already hate the guy.

9. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

That's a point. My guess is that NBC is now forced to re-edit the interview to make sure that it does not sound like a hit piece, and especially that Megyn Kelly doesn't sound like she lied to this guy. Otherwise, no one will want to do any interviews with Kelly, except maybe with their own recordings of everything.

Of course, airing a "reasonable" conversation with Jones will make Megyn Kelly look sympathetic, or a softball interviewer, so they lose that way, too. Maybe NBC will just cancel the whole piece, claiming there were 'technical problems' or that Jones is making outrageous demands. Hmm.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

11. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Uggh. No one to root for here.

Sometimes I think I should go off the grid.

But I'd probably miss you goofballs too much!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Uggh. No one to root for here.

Sometimes I think I should go off the grid.

But I'd probably miss you goofballs too much!
    oh you know you would.

15. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

For whatever reason, she is tanking already. Only half the viewers this week than she had her opening week. Better pick someone better than a conspiracy theorist for next week.

---

Megyn Kelly’s interview with Alex Jones was a ratings flop

HARTFORD, Conn. — The publicity and uproar in the days before Sunday’s broadcast of Megyn Kelly’s interview with conspiracy theorist Alex Jones didn’t translate into ratings.

The NBC program was seen by 3.5 million viewers, according to Nielsen, an audience dwarfed by CBS rival “60 Minutes,” a rerun which drew 5.3 million viewers. “Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly” had 6.2 million viewers for Kelly’s interview of Vladimir Putin on the show’s June 4 debut.

In the days preceding her segment on Jones, Kelly had received widespread criticism for giving a platform to a man whose false allegations only added to the pain of the Newtown tragedy and even encouraged people to harass relatives of the victims. In the interview, Jones never gave a direct answer when Kelly pressed him to admit he was wrong and continued to raise questions about the shootings.

A parent of one of the children killed in the 2012 Connecticut school shootings says she won’t view the Kelly’s Jones interview.

Rest here - http://nypost.com/2017/06/20/megyn-k...-ratings-flop/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Megyn Kelly is no Diane Sawyer. Mistakes were made in hopes of big ratings. Poor journalism all around.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Megyn Kelly is no Diane Sawyer. Mistakes were made in hopes of big ratings. Poor journalism all around.
    Shows you that beauty doesn't relate to audience. I think she's kinda hot. I'm a jerk like that. I think it was probably a collective failure from her and her team. People hate Alex Jones. A lot of people don't particularly care for her. The crappy interview of Putin.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I really like Megyn's early work - but it seems with success she pressed too hard to do something great, instead of letting greatness find her.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

She needs to understand that in the MSM, the only thing that sells these days is Trump-bashing. She's not on Fox anymore...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    She needs to understand that in the MSM, the only thing that sells these days is Trump-bashing.
    How long will that sell?