Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Mig tig or stick ?
    I don't know. I'm an electrician. Somebody pays him for it though. He works at a plant though so he doesn't have to think outside the box.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't know. I'm an electrician. Somebody pays him for it though. He works at a plant though so he doesn't have to think outside the box.
    Sounds like he does production welding as opposed to being a fabricator.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Sounds like he does production welding as opposed to being a fabricator.
    His idea of fabrication is replacing rotten gray boards with rotten red ones. Only where needed though. I asked if he bought the trailer hitch to go out front of the house.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Mine's out back in the 100 degree heat replacing rotten boards with rotten boards.

Have you considered having him tested?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Have you considered having him tested?
    Daughter already sends him to a therapist. Apparently he just tells them why they're wrong.

Gets a friend from work to do my daughter's brakes. He didn't bleed them. Car sounds like a Stuka dive bomber in reverse. It's "nothing". I'm like nothing until you pay for yet another set of brakes, dumbass.

7. Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Gawd, I just looked at it. Apparently welders don't know what levels and measuring tapes are. I need a bag to wear over my head.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'll take a goofy SIL!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I'll take a goofy SIL!
    Must have only a daughter. Careful what you wish for. The "DUMB" is strong with this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I have two sisters-in-law and they are both wonderful people. Though the younger one is quite flaky. The older one moved from Southern California to Minneapolis about 25 years ago, but has managed to raise three great kids, so I can't question her about that.
    We don't have a weight bench or a wooden fence, so I can't relate to that.

EDIT: Just remembered that my oldest sister in law will add a daughter in law next summer. They are both recent college graduates. Gunny would approve of future DIL's father. Comes from a Marine family. He enlisted at 18, but was disqualified from serving because he didn't pass the physical.
    Last edited by gabosaurus; 06-17-2017 at 07:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Daughter already sends him to a therapist. Apparently he just tells them why they're wrong.

Gets a friend from work to do my daughter's brakes. He didn't bleed them. Car sounds like a Stuka dive bomber in reverse. It's "nothing". I'm like nothing until you pay for yet another set of brakes, dumbass.
    Look at that.. You two DO have something in common.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Must have only a daughter. Careful what you wish for. The "DUMB" is strong with this one.

Yup, just a daughter. And Kath can tell you, around here we are dreaming of the day our daughter deigns to even date someone. It's not for lack of interested guys. She is just that picky. I think I will be buried before any grandchild is here. Le sigh.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

15. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

And the boy is up to his usual genius. Again. So Wile E Coyote gets into it with my daughter about .... you guessed it ... she thinks he doesn't do enough around the house. I understand his POV. He works construction 8-10 hours a day in the Texas sun. But, of course, he pushes the being tired too far and does little to nothing when he gets home (makes me wonder what they did before I came back here). So that's the scenario.

So she tells him not to worry about taking the granddaughter to Dr's appt and she would take his name off the pickup list. During last night's argument of course.

So here comes today. He didn't. He acts like such a girl sometimes. I just stared at him and said nothing while he was explaining the "she said ...." part. And he thinks he's going to win because he's right .

I got snacks and DVDs in my room, and a bathroom upstairs. No need for me to venture forth this evening .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

They tear the OLD AND ROTTEN (clue there) fence down across the street and Einstein is take the OLD AND ROTTEN fencing and putting it in OUR f-ing garage.

Well, but ... it's free. It's OLD AND ROTTEN. Hell-fucking-o ... why do you think they tore the OLD AND ROTTEN fence down and bought a new one?

And you're blocking my weight bench, bitch.

Yes...

They come size narcissistic... size sanctimonious... size "yeah, great story, this is what HAPPENED to me...", size "my life is a lie, it's not wonderful like I've been telling you, can I borrow some money?", size "Bitch you better shut the hell up before I kick you out of my house", and all in the same sister-in-law.

The other one seems as if she's smart... at the very least she's not annoying like the first one...

Don't even get me started on her brothers...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I think I've mentioned before, Gunny, that I work whenever he needs help for a Master Electrician. He's slowing down now at 66, but recently he bought a big Atlas car lift for his shop. A bunch of us stopped over and helped him get it put up, and then came the wiring. Of course he did his masterful job of running EMT over and down to it with a disconnect box, and he wired up the control module. He hadn't fired it up yet when I had stopped back by so we heated it up, pushed the up button and nothing. So, powered it down and took the front off the control box and as soon as I looked in there, I saw a small wiring diagram and in the middle of it was a Wheatstone Bridge. Well, I have a degree in Electrical Engineering so I asked if he'd mind of I took a crack at rewiring it and he said go ahead. Took me about ten minutes but it was all pretty simple and straight forward. I said OK, I got it, heat it back up and give it a try. Well, it worked. He was in disbelief and wanted to know what I did. I first told him about the Wheatstone Bridge and asked him if he knew what that was and he said no. I said that's why it didn't jive with you when you wired it. You were thinking of conventional contacts and that's not what a Wheatstone Bridge is. I was glad I could help, and it made me wonder why they'd have a wiring diagram that took an electrical engineer to understand.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And the boy is up to his usual genius. Again. So Wile E Coyote gets into it with my daughter about .... you guessed it ... she thinks he doesn't do enough around the house. I understand his POV. He works construction 8-10 hours a day in the Texas sun. But, of course, he pushes the being tired too far and does little to nothing when he gets home (makes me wonder what they did before I came back here). So that's the scenario.

So she tells him not to worry about taking the granddaughter to Dr's appt and she would take his name off the pickup list. During last night's argument of course.

So here comes today. He didn't. He acts like such a girl sometimes. I just stared at him and said nothing while he was explaining the "she said ...." part. And he thinks he's going to win because he's right .

I got snacks and DVDs in my room, and a bathroom upstairs. No need for me to venture forth this evening .
    At least they're not stealing from you. I had to kick my sister and her dumbass criminal husband out of my house last year because I caught him casing it.