Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Default US Navy F/A - 18 Shoots Down Syrian Su-22 Fighter Jet

It seems Assad needed another reminder to behave.

Apparently, our commanders warned the Syrians to stop attacking our friendlies on the ground, that didn't happen - so a Super Hornet was given the green light to blow the offending Su-22 out of the sky.

This is sure to prompt some harsh rhetoric from Putin & Co.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...er-forces.html
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

2. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just a few weeks ago the US attacked some of their light artillery when they came too close to US positions.

I'm getting some 'World Police' vibes going on here.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

WE FIGHT ISIS IN SYRIA, AND NOW WE FIGHT ASSAD FORCES THAT ALSO FIGHT ISIS IN SYRIA.
    Now it does not take a rocket scientist see something is bad wrong with this damn picture..
    This is Trump continuing on with the obama strategy here-- And that ffking obama strategy was designed to help only Islam AND ISIS!!!!
    Folks, something is far, far amiss in what is going on.I've spent 50 years studying history, wars , generals, battles, empires and I tell you this is madness, some kind of insanity or something deeply hidden and devious going on.

One can not win in the long run by such insanity..
    Something is far far, amiss....
    Trump had better pull his head out of his ass and soon.
    Somebody is giving him some extremely bad advice on military matters..
    And could be doing so to destroy him as the primary goal.-- -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-18-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

AP: Russia says it will treat US-led coalition planes in Syria, west of the Euphrates, as targets after US downed Syrian jet.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    AP: Russia says it will treat US-led coalition planes in Syria, west of the Euphrates, as targets after US downed Syrian jet.
    Thanks for the warning.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Just a few weeks ago the US attacked some of their light artillery when they came too close to US positions.

I'm getting some 'World Police' vibes going on here.
    How so? We were already there, already supporting these folks, and everyone involved knew about it. And Syria took their chances and bombed them anyway, which is bombing our "ally" AND while we are currently there. It's not like we decided out of the blue to go across the world to respond to an incident as the "worlds police". We were there already, and rightfully so. And we shot down this jet, and rightfully so. I don't see how someone bombing us or our allied fighting partners - and a single response meaning we are acting as the worlds police.

IMO, I think they should be doing more. Not to Syrian jets of course, but more involvement in bombing ISIS and more involvement in helping those very other folks that are also fighting ISIS.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    It seems Assad needed another reminder to behave.

Apparently, our commanders warned the Syrians to stop attacking our friendlies on the ground, that didn't happen - so a Super Hornet was given the green light to blow the offending Su-22 out of the sky.

This is sure to prompt some harsh rhetoric from Putin & Co.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06...er-forces.html
    That's what I'm seeing. Assad, Russia and all involved forces were aware of where everyone was. And then a warning was even given. And of course that was ignored.

And who knows if any US troops, volunteers or special forces or whomever may be on the ground assisting or whatever.

They're fine in stating that the US shouldn't go past such and such point/river. They should ALL be in communications and work together if fighting ISIS. And they were. Then the attacks, then a warning, then continued attacks.

I don't see what the alternative was? We make them aware of locations, they even call on a special line to heighten awareness and give them a warning, and it appears it was ignored. NO WAY, IMO, should the US at that point allow any ground troops, even if "just" allies, to be bombed and killed without protection.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

The threat of direct Russian-American confrontation in Syria escalated on Monday after Moscow said it would treat any plane from the US-led coalition flying west of the Euphrates river as a potential target.

Russia’s deputy foreign minister, Sergei Ryabkov, said the US strike “has to be seen as a continuation of America’s line to disregard the norms of international law.

“What is this if not an act of aggression? It is, if you like, help to those terrorists that the US is fighting against, declaring they are carrying out an anti-terrorism policy.”
    Next move belongs to Herr Trump.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I think he already made his. All kinds of things stupid about this. The first being as I said .. thanks for the warning. Second, Russian pilots can't compete with US pilots.

The next move is Putin's. Trump made his. US fighters shot down a SYRIAN fighter. Putin going to up that ante and fire on a US plane?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Yeah I hope he goes all Barbarossa on Putin's ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The next move is Putin's. Trump made his. US fighters shot down a SYRIAN fighter. Putin going to up that ante and fire on a US plane?
    I tend to agree. I think it's saber rattling. Is Russia so motivated to save Assad that they'd risk direct confrontation with American Forces? Still, the risks are huge all around.
    Last edited by pete311; 06-19-2017 at 08:54 PM.

17. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I tend to agree. I think it's saber rattling. Is Russia so motivated to save Assad that they'd risk direct confrontation with American Forces? Still, the risks are huge all around.
    Sure the risk is huge. But at what point do you say "enough"? The Russians have been buzzing our planes in the Black Sea for months.

If Putin wanted to test Trump, he got his result. Now if he was a smart thug, he'd just play ball or bow out. The whole situation is stupid and there's enough to go around. Syria has been under Russian/Soviet apprenticeship since WWII. Get together, deal with ISIS, then let Russia deal with Assad. It's not like we're losing anything.

In real time, Syria is more important to Russia than it is us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Seems to me that a lot of people besides us, are missing what is going on here. Seems our mission there has no clear and direct focus. Are we there to fight ISIS OR TO FIGHT/HAMPER ASSAD/RUSSIA THAT FIGHTS ISIS?
    DAMN SURE LOOKS LIKE WE ARE DOING BOTH AT THE SAME TIME! ONE SHOULD BE ASKING WHY..

Just why is Syria so damn important that we start shooting at Syrian jets that are fighting ISIS.
    IF THEY ARE HITTING NON-ISIS TARGETS , THEN WHY?
    Sure looks like somebody is lying big time and perhaps that Syrian jet was not hitting our supposed allied forces there fighting ISIS.

This is not as simple as they are making it out to be. I think it is our military operating under some kind of conflicting agenda.

Supposedly we are helping to fight ISIS THERE.
    Yet it seems we are also clearly attempting to hamper Assad forces as well.
    I am no dummy--the ffking two do not jive-- ISIS BEING DESTROYED SHOULD BE THE SOLE AIM, NOT LIMITING ASSAD FORCES.

SOMETHING IS VERY VERY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE AND I AM NOT BUYING THE LINE WE ARE BEING FED BY OUR GOV., MEDIA AND OUR OWN MILITARY.

FAR TOO MUCH BULLSHIT IS BEING REVEALED WHEN ONE TAKES A REALISTIC LOOK AT THE ACTIONS GOING ON THERE.-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 06-19-2017 at 10:10 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default War

What is history but the story of how politicians have squandered the blood and treasure of the human race.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes the reminder from Russia again...lets see what happens....