Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    From An Officer and a Gentleman

Louis Gossett Jnr: You want to fuck me?
    That's why you called me a ewe? Are you a queer?

Richard Gere: Hell no, sir!

Louis Gossett Jnr: Where you from, boy?

Richard Gere: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, sir.

Louis Gossett Jnr: Only two things come out of Oklahoma. Steers and queers. Which one are you, boy? I don't see no horns.You must be a queer.

Richard Gere: No, sir.

Louis Gossett Jnr: Stop whispering. You're giving me a hard-on.

Richard Gere: No, sir!

Louis Gossett Jnr: You laughing at me, dickbrain?

Richard Gere: No, sir!

Louis Gossett Jnr: Stop eyeballing me or I'll rip your eyeballs out and skullfuck you to death.
    you completely made that up..lmao
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    you completely made that up..lmao
    I wish I was that good. Actually, I thought the original quote re steers and queers mentioned Texas. But I was wrong. I know there is a similar scene at the end when they take in new recruits, but then he uses Arizona...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I wish I was that good. Actually, I thought the original quote re steers and queers mentioned Texas. But I was wrong. I know there is a similar scene at the end when they take in new recruits, but then he uses Arizona...
    That interchange is almost word-for work from Full Metal Jacket, too
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That interchange is almost word-for work from Full Metal Jacket, too
    Are you sure? I've only seen an Officer and a Gentleman once. Seen Full Metal Jacket twice. Mind you, the former supercedes the latter by four or five years. Surely Kubrick wouldn't be that cheap...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Are you sure? I've only seen an Officer and a Gentleman once. Seen Full Metal Jacket twice. Mind you, the former supercedes the latter by four or five years. Surely Kubrick wouldn't be that cheap...
    Not line - like quoted...but very similiar lines

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-fucking-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog shit. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Checked out Full Metal Jacket screenplay. No exchange like officer and a gentleman, but found this :

Sergeant Gerheim: Private Pyle, Private Joker is your new bunkmate. Private Joker is a very bright boy. He will teach you everything. He will teach you how to pee.

JOKER: SIR, THE PRIVATE WOULD PREFER TO STAY WITH HIS BUNKMATE, PRIVATE COWBOY, SIR!

Sergeant Gerheim: You queer for Private Cowboy's gear? You smoke
    his pole?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Checked out Full Metal Jacket screenplay. No exchange like officer and a gentleman, but found this :

Sergeant Gerheim: Private Pyle, Private Joker is your new bunkmate. Private Joker is a very bright boy. He will teach you everything. He will teach you how to pee.

JOKER: SIR, THE PRIVATE WOULD PREFER TO STAY WITH HIS BUNKMATE, PRIVATE COWBOY, SIR!

Sergeant Gerheim: You queer for Private Cowboy's gear? You smoke
    his pole?

Not in-line, I see...but very similiar lines

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-fucking-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog shit. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

From Patton:
    Patton: Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    And:
    Clergyman: I was interested to see a Bible by your bed. You actually find time to read it?
    Patton: I sure do. Every goddamn day.

From Platoon:
    Sgt. O'Neill: Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one, all right? I mean I got a bad feeling! I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here! D'ya understand what I'm sayin' to you?
    Sgt. Barnes: Everybody gotta die some time, Red.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not in-line, I see...but very similiar lines
    Sorry, posted my last before yours...didn't see it....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default You from Texas, boy?

Drill Sergeant: "What's 'at, boy? You say you're from Texas?

Ain't but two things come out of Texas, boy........steers and queers.

Which one are you?"

Soldier: "Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Don't remember which movie that was from. I think An Officer and a Gentleman, with Louis Gossett, Jr. as the DI.

Whoops. Looks like others beat me to it. Classic dialogue, though.....
    Last edited by GW in Ohio; 02-14-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Col Jessup---"A Few Good Men"