Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Well maybe HE SHOULDN't govern while a trail was going on. Maybe the VICE president should step in?

As far as a fair trial goes. Sure there NO DOUBT that partisan feelings would be on the parts of all involved.
    but it goes to the other part of my contention that a CiC probably should not be subject to petty crimes charges.

But practically speaking I suspect that if a president was caught on TV shooting a kid on the side of the road that gave him the finger THEN he might go to jail... MAYBE.
    but barring something as blatant as that.
    I doubt it.
    Even then the president supporters would dig up every excuse ...in and out of the book... as to why the president was completely justified in shooting the kid
    As we see with many of the police cases, some people are just assumed above the law no matter what

And I contend that for Both Bush and Obama there was plenty of "there there" constitutionally speaking they both BROKE the LAW in several ways including warrantless spying and by illegally overstepping their constitutional authority in many other venues.
    And both also broke the Geneva conventions and our own torture treaty and torture laws.

That's plenty of there for anyone who's being objective.
    But people would rather make excuses why the CONSTITUOON shouldn't be adhered to or somehow doesn't apply ...because xyz.. when their guy does it.

I agree with your purity, my response was in practicality. As for 'my guy,' I doubt we could be further on that then the current president. If you recall, I pretty much responded to calls for Obama's impeachment with the query, "For what?"

I think a president that shot someone on tv would probably face repercussions less it were in self-defense. Absent something along those lines, the political process of impeachment and conviction is probably the best way.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree with your purity, my response was in practicality. As for 'my guy,' I doubt we could be further on that then the current president. If you recall, I pretty much responded to calls for Obama's impeachment with the query, "For what?"
    I do recall, you've been consistent in your view here.
    I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think a president that shot someone on tv would probably face repercussions less it were in self-defense. Absent something along those lines, the political process of impeachment and conviction is probably the best way.
    of course it'd be self-defense.

c'mon anyone could see that the president thought that the middle finger was a gun. DUH! And the GOOD experts agree
    so case closed.
    Plus it should be against the law to disrespect a president. And did you know that the kid had a record of Smoking pot and drinking, and associated with motorcycle gangs (or Muslims or Russians or the KKK or BLM)? so there's that...and all of the other factors of presidential stress and threats on his life earlier that
    year.. etc etc
    so bottom line, WHAT good would it do the country? it's time for the country to "move on"

like i said "maybe"
    Last edited by revelarts; 06-21-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16