Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I swear, it was just that one event. The dome light fell into his tank. To him, it must have looked like the sun coming crashing down to his little earth!

I used to handle him all the time. And I rarely saw his beard more than just a hint of it. He now has a love/hate relationship with me. He knows I feed him, and gets all excited as I prepared his crickets or his veggies, but still wants to eat me.

I've been having little chats with him to make him better understand the situation, but he's not really into working with me here.

So I may have to bust out the welding gloves to move him to the new terrarium. But even then, this bastard tried lunging at me the night this happened. He's a pretty good little jumper!
    I am LMAO. You are such a freakin' disaster. The pet shops should have YOU chipped so they know where you are at all times. They can throw that closed sign up real quick if you get too close.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I know mine is a gentle beardie, but I see you have an ungrateful little reptile as well!!
    Chameleons are far different than bearded dragons. They hate everyone.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I am LMAO. You are such a freakin' disaster. The pet shops should have YOU chipped so they know where you are at all times. They can throw that closed sign up real quick if you get too close.
    Them fuckers would all love to have me as an employee! And sounds like Dis too! Someone who loves the animals, including the rats, reptiles, fishies & even the crickets!! (until it's time to be eaten anyway)
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Them fuckers would all love to have me as an employee! And sounds like Dis too! Someone who loves the animals, including the rats, reptiles, fishies & even the crickets!! (until it's time to be eaten anyway)
    Damn do I ever feel normal.

And no, not Dis. She'd have customers filling out applications that would make immigration forms look like 1040-EZ. Never get anything sold.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post
    Chameleons are far different than bearded dragons. They hate everyone.
    I had 2 of them a few years ago. They didn't seem to mind me, as in trying to bite me, but they surely weren't looking to make friends with me either.

Now my Savannah was cool as hell, and I truly think he did like me. I even built like a 6' cage for him. But he kept growing. He started eyeballing my Pug back then a little too often when he walked by. I had to feed that sucker with a 4' long or so pair of tongs. He wasn't particularly nasty, just wouldn't stop growing!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And no, not Dis. She'd have customers filling out applications that would make immigration forms look like 1040-EZ. Never get anything sold.
    Well, and rightfully so. These are our pets we are talking about!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

LMFAO! Wow. Someone wound your clock.

(Truth, tho.)

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had 2 of them a few years ago. They didn't seem to mind me, as in trying to bite me, but they surely weren't looking to make friends with me either.

Now my Savannah was cool as hell, and I truly think he did like me. I even built like a 6' cage for him. But he kept growing. He started eyeballing my Pug back then a little too often when he walked by. I had to feed that sucker with a 4' long or so pair of tongs. He wasn't particularly nasty, just wouldn't stop growing!
    What did you think he was going to do?? They get *huge*. Same as a Tegu.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What did you think he was going to do?? They get *huge*. Same as a Tegu.
    I was a beginner into the reptile world at the time. I knew a lot because my brother is a fanatic... but this was an instance of not learning everything one can before bringing a pet into their home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

LMFAO! Wow. Someone wound your clock.

(Truth, tho.)
    No, I just know you and pets. "I'm sorry, sir, but you are not qualified to adopt this pet. It seems you were mean to a kitten in the 3rd grade. NEXT!"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Oh, no! They say he's got to go!