Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Global Warming Challenge

I would like to see a reference to a single peer reviewed scientific journal paper which claims that anthropogenic global warming is false.

By "peer reviewed scientific journal" I do not mean papers from right wing think tanks, or papers from financial magazines, or papers from research groups set up by Exxon-Mobil - I mean peer reviewed scientific journals in a relevant field, for instance the "Journal of Climate"

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Why does it matter? You're creating this false dilemma of "Unless it's peer-reviewed it does not hold water". When the reality is, the 'peers' doing the reviewing matter a lot.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Why does it matter? You're creating this false dilemma of "Unless it's peer-reviewed it does not hold water". When the reality is, the 'peers' doing the reviewing matter a lot.
    Its not a "false dilemma", its the way science is done. The peers doing the reviewing are other scientists in the field. I suppose you would prefer that economists and petroleum engineers be the ones to review papers on the climate, but that's not the way its done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CO2 is a known greenhouse gas so it stands to reason more CO2 would meen a warmer earth. As for global warming, it's a sound theory I think. Some people hype it up and takes things to the extreme. Some people trumping the "cause" of global warming are hypocrits, "cough" "cough", Al Gore.

Don't have much of an opinion on it myself. The climates gona change whether we help it along or not and nothing I or anyone can do about it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    CO2 is a known greenhouse gas so it stands to reason more CO2 would meen a warmer earth. As for global warming, it's a sound theory I think. Some people hype it up and takes things to the extreme. Some people trumping the "cause" of global warming are hypocrits, "cough" "cough", Al Gore.

Don't have much of an opinion on it myself. The climates gona change whether we help it along or not and nothing I or anyone can do about it.

I sort of expected that Al Gore's personal habits would come up long before anyone could produce a single peer reviewed scientific paper claiming that anthropogenic global warming is wrong. I have no idea why I expected this, as people's personal habits clearly do not have any bearing on scientific truth. I guess I just had an intuitive feeling it would happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not finding any papers for ya and no reason not to comment on the Global warming guy who is leading the "cause" in the US.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not finding any papers for ya and no reason not to comment on the Global warming guy who is leading the "cause" in the US.
    Yeah right, no reason, except of course that its completely irrelevant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not irrelevent to a debate on global warming. Or did you just want papers. That's not going to make a very interesting thread.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's not irrelevent to a debate on global warming. Or did you just want papers. That's not going to make a very interesting thread.
    It is irrelevant to a debate on the scientific validity of global warming, which is what this thread is about.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The top part of my paragraph was my view on the validity of it. As for this dream debate your wanting where people only bring up a small part of the debate like the validity of the claims. Good luck with that, not gona happen tho.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This category includes people and organizations that have expressed skepticism regarding the mainstream scientific view that human activity is responsible for recent global warming, and have actively promoted this view.

Subcategories
    There are 2 subcategories in this category, which are shown below. More may be shown on subsequent pages.

F
    [+] Former global warming skeptics
    [+] Former global warming supporters
    Pages in category "Global warming skeptics"
    There are 145 pages in this section of this category.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...rming_skeptics

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    I would like to see a reference to a single peer reviewed scientific journal paper which claims that anthropogenic global warming is false.

By "peer reviewed scientific journal" I do not mean papers from right wing think tanks, or papers from financial magazines, or papers from research groups set up by Exxon-Mobil - I mean peer reviewed scientific journals in a relevant field, for instance the "Journal of Climate"
    so if someone comes up with one, what then ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dr. Raj Baldev: To blame the human being in totality is not fair, since the scientists take Cosmic Rays as one of the main grounds for Global Warming, which in my opinion is not correct. To support my view I would like to draw the attention of the readers on one paper.

This was published in 2000 to Physics Review Letters, shedding light on the Hunacayo neutron monitor, which detected a heightened number of Cosmic Rays from regions that had low clouds, less than 3.2 km in altitude.

“The quantity of these Cosmic Rays depends on the intensity of the Solar Wind, just because the Earth's magnetosphere grows and shrinks on the varied strength of particles streaming from the Sun. Periods of warming appear to correlate with decreases in Cosmic Rays over the 20th century.

“In fact, when the cosmic rays interact with the Earth's atmosphere, especially with the low level clouds, they create ions of changeable strength and charge. These ions contribute to the configuration of dense clouds, block the Sun's rays and reduce the effect of hot temperatures,” Dr. Raj Baldev said.
    http://internationalreporter.com/New...-Warming-.html

"I would like to mention about T. Sloan from the University of Lancaster and A.W. Wolfendale from Durham University, who are also not convinced with this reason that Cosmic Rays enhances the Global Warming.

"They, in fact, published their results in a new paper called Cosmic Rays and Global Warming. Their research will be presented at the 30th International Cosmic Ray Conference, held in Merida Mexico from July 3 - July 11, 2007,”
    It has been claimed (Szensmark, 2007, and others) that observed correlations
    of terrestrial cloud cover with 'the cosmic ray intensity' are casual. The
    possibility arises, therefore of a connection between cosmic ray intensity and
    Global Warming. If true, the implications would be very great.
    An examination of the situation is made.
    http://indico.nucleares.unam.mx/cont...0&confId=4

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The top part of my paragraph was my view on the validity of it. As for this dream debate your wanting where people only bring up a small part of the debate like the validity of the claims. Good luck with that, not gona happen tho.
    Uhh, the validity of the claims isn't a "small part" of the debate on the validity of global warming - it is the ENTIRE debate. You have stated your view without any evidence to back it up, if you wish to stand pat at that, then fine, but don't pretend that the brand of toilet paper that Al Gore wipes his ass with has anything to do with whether or not any scientific theory is correct.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Wikipedia = NOT a peer reviewed scientific paper.