Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    lol Alan Dershowitz
    Dershowitz, legally speaking, is 100x smarter than ALL of us combined. He's also 100% spot on, and you're laughing at his 50 years of experience because he has a different legal opinion than you do. Imagine that, a Harvard student with 50 years of experience, knowing less than you and your how many years of legal experience?

Laugh as you like, as I laugh at you for even dreaming you knew more about the law than Dershowitz.

---

Pirro followed up, asking if receiving valuable information from a foreign national could be prosecuted under campaign finance laws.

“Of course not,” replied Dershowitz. “If it were to be prosecuted the First Amendment would trump. A candidate has a right to get information from whatever source the information comes. It’s like The New York Times publishing the Pentagon papers case or the Washington Post publishing material stolen by Snowden and Manning. You don’t prosecute the newspaper and you don’t prosecute the candidate or the candidate’s son. If the material was obtained unlawfully you prosecute if you can the people who obtain the material. But there is a First Amendment right of a candidate to use information. So you can’t include information under the campaign finance law, that would be unconstitutional."

---

So what is he incorrect about, Pete? The first amendment wouldn't trump? And WHY would he be wrong? Not just stating it, show us why.

If the NY Times, or WAPO or CNN literally published a "dossier" that included all of the same information, would it have been illegal for Trump Jr, or others, to possess said information and/or use it for a campaign? If you disagree with him, WHY? And be specific.

Why weren't the publications held accountable and prosecuted in some manner for the data they worked on and received? Please explain in an acceptable manner for me.

Are you stating that a candidate DOES NOT have the 1st amendment right to use information as such? For example, Hillary read/heard about things during the campaign, and her AND many others, including other candidates, took such information and ran with it. Was that illegal of them to do? Even if the information emanated from Russia? Please explain WHY if you say it is in fact illegal.

Thx in advance!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I doubt this is illegal but I am quite concerned about whether or not it is ethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If so, why didn't he STFU?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...n-meeting.html

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/1...-e-mail-chain/

BTW, I didn't post on this for 2 days, waiting for someone else that isn't so 'negative' to do so. I really thought it would turn into 'nothing,' now not so sure.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...t-depends.html
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    I doubt this is illegal but I am quite concerned about whether or not it is ethical.
    What sort of ethics concerns?

If I'd been on the team, I'd have listened to anyone claiming to have dirt on Hellary. Everyone knows she's dirty; what harm in listening to see what they have to say? One good scandal atop all the already known ones and she was finished.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum