Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Something Good

Last Friday I noticed the rubber around my windshield was 'flapping.' Was so down, have so many time sensitive dibs on my few dollars. Yesterday I heard a rattle while going down mountain, freaked that the windshield would fall out. Cars whizzing along at 75-85, I slowed down to 65, very hard to do.

Called Safelite, they don't have an opening until after September 5! Ah the joys of rural America!

Called my mechanic to see if they could do it? Nope, but referred me to a local. I called him, he was eating breakfast 5 minutes from my house. Drove and he looked at it, "Not really a problem, that's cosmetic. The rattling is because the 'replaced' windshield was set to low. It's safe, but will continue." He pulled off the offending rubber and cleaned the windshield. It needs to be replaced. He can do it Aug 4th, which is way better than the other. It's also covered by my insurance! Woop!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks darin, revelarts thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, jimnyc, SMTA liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Last Friday I noticed the rubber around my windshield was 'flapping.' Was so down, have so many time sensitive dibs on my few dollars. Yesterday I heard a rattle while going down mountain, freaked that the windshield would fall out. Cars whizzing along at 75-85, I slowed down to 65, very hard to do.

Called Safelite, they don't have an opening until after September 5! Ah the joys of rural America!

Called my mechanic to see if they could do it? Nope, but referred me to a local. I called him, he was eating breakfast 5 minutes from my house. Drove and he looked at it, "Not really a problem, that's cosmetic. The rattling is because the 'replaced' windshield was set to low. It's safe, but will continue." He pulled off the offending rubber and cleaned the windshield. It needs to be replaced. He can do it Aug 4th, which is way better than the other. It's also covered by my insurance! Woop!
    Damn, 1 1/2 months to do your windshield? I like the sounds of Safelite, but that's too damn long no matter where you live!

Glad to see all will work out in the end though.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We've used them twice. They came right to our driveway and did a perfect job.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I called Safelite because I've used them before in IL, several times. Funny how in IL there's little rock, but there sure is on the trucks and they regularly smack the windshield. Here? I'm surrounded by rocks: mountains, ground, lawns are all stone. LOL! In 3 years not one stone has hit my windshield. Go figure.

It was Safelite though that didn't properly install the windshield a few years ago, which is what is now causing the rattling. As long as it's safe to drive, I'm good with Aug 4th. I think the problem with the cosmetic rubber was a godsend, I didn't think the real culprit was the windshield, but age of car in AZ sun. It's not unheard of for windshield wipers to melt.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post

Frustrating car problems, check.
    Always untimely, check.
    Too poor for trouble free new cars, check.
    Too few dollars, check.
    I feel your pain.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I have family at safelite - they love working for the company. Glad things turned out for you Kath

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post