Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default quick question about a receiver

So, my Dad hooked me up with his old receiver and speakers, since mine were buzzing before. Now that I've hooked everything up, along with a new TV and DVD player, I've realized that it was the PS2 all along. Bummer to see that thing go, I've had it for a long time.

Anyway, the question is, I've got my receiver on top of the entertainment center (too wide to fit inside), and I've got the DVD player on top of that. There are vents on top of the receiver, in order to keep it cool, I guess. My question is, is having the DVD player on top of some of those vents (they're about half covered) putting either my receiver or my DVD player in danger?
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    So, my Dad hooked me up with his old receiver and speakers, since mine were buzzing before. Now that I've hooked everything up, along with a new TV and DVD player, I've realized that it was the PS2 all along. Bummer to see that thing go, I've had it for a long time.

Anyway, the question is, I've got my receiver on top of the entertainment center (too wide to fit inside), and I've got the DVD player on top of that. There are vents on top of the receiver, in order to keep it cool, I guess. My question is, is having the DVD player on top of some of those vents (they're about half covered) putting either my receiver or my DVD player in danger?
    I am no expert but I wouldn't thinks so. I have had that same issue at times and been forced to set different items on top of each other, and I never had any problems. I think as long as you are not blocking the ventilation completely it should be ok.

Right now both of my boys 13" tv's are sitting on top of their vcr's. and have been for a couple of years now.

My DVD player is sitting on top of my satellite receiver and has been for a couple of years as well.
    You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word. ~ Gaffer

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

OK. I noticed that the receiver seemed to get a little warm on the top, but it's warm on the sides and bottom, too, so I think that's just because it's older.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    OK. I noticed that the receiver seemed to get a little warm on the top, but it's warm on the sides and bottom, too, so I think that's just because it's older.
    Old receivers get warm. As long as you have airspace between the receiver and DVD things should be fine. Will you use them at the same time? If not it's even less of an issue.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah, I would be using them at the same time, but there is airspace between the two.