Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default McCain Has Brain Cancer

They found it with the blood clot removal. Hope he does ok, though I wonder if there will be a special election now in AZ?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    They found it with the blood clot removal. Hope he does ok, though I wonder if there will be a special election now in AZ?
    I don't care for his career actions, but I hope that he gets the treatment that is best.
    As a cancer survivor, I have empathy for what he has.

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I thought it was weird that Mayo Clinic made the announcement... he must be in fairly bad shape to have not done it himself.

Brain cancer is what ultimately got my Dad back in '01, and I remember them saying at the time that Chemo didn't work on brain cancer, but Radiation was somewhat effective so that's the route they took with him. With McCain they're talking about using both, so I guess they've got a new Chemo that is effective nowadays.

I haven't liked much of McCain's politics for many years now, but I hope he survives this.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh man, and apparently the prognosis on such the brain cancer doesn't look good, like 3 years max?

I hope you find a way to overcome, Mr. McCain.

I'm certainly no longer a fan of his, that's for sure. But I'm 100% in his corner if battling this disease.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not the most promising article.

---

Why McCain's Glioblastoma Will Be the Fight of His Life

The senator was diagnosed with glioblastoma, the same tumor type that killed Senator Edward Kennedy and Joe Biden's son Beau. I wrote about my own experience of a loved one named Steph with glioblastoma in a PJ piece in April.

Glioblastoma multiforme is a very aggressive tumor of astrocytes, star-shaped cells that are part of the glia. We used to think of glial cells as sort of the infrastructure of the brain, supporting and surrounding the neurons, but recently it's been discovered that astrocytes, in particular, have signaling functions of their own.

Astrocytes are tangled into the structures of the other glial cells. This image of an astrocyte gives an impression of how they are woven into the brain.

It doesn't form nice distinct tumors; instead, the malignant astrocytes infiltrate and surround many other kinds of cells, as well as mineral deposits, blood vessels, and dead cells. Because it is so insidious it's almost impossible to completely remove the tumor, either with chemotherapy or radiation. While there are some newer treatments, the long-term survival odds are very bleak, particularly in someone McCain's age.

There are a number of new experimental treatments. I described one in April: a device called Optune, which creates an alternating electrical field in the brain. This field apparently disrupts cell division. Since cancer cells are dividing rapidly, and normal brain tissue hardly divides at all, this has the effect of slowing tumor progress substantially.

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/07...t-of-his-life/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Some responses from GW Bush, and from Obama. Both very supportive and some excellent communications.

---

Bush 43 Called McCain to Offer Encouragement: 'Instead, He Encouraged Me'

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/brai.../20/id/802871/

Obama to McCain: 'Cancer Doesn't Know What It's Up Against'

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obam.../20/id/802823/