Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Linda Sarsour’s ‘Jihad and Allah’ Speech Blows Up Her Political Support

I'm surprised she actually has lost support from the left. But WTF did she think would happen if she invoked "jihad" on Trump? Dumbass.

---

Linda Sarsour’s ‘Jihad and Allah’ Speech Blows Up Her Political Support

Many left-wing progressive and Islamic political groups have quietly walked away from Islamic activist Linda Sarsour since her incendiary July 1 appeal for Muslims in America to declare jihad on elected President Donald Trump.

She is getting sharp-eyed criticism from experts on Islam for her call to jihad against Trump — and for her calls for Islamic self-segregation and loyalty to Allah only. But she is getting only tepid and perfunctory public support from her usual alliance of Islamic and progressive allies.

Her supporting hashtag, #IStandWithLinda, shows few tweets of support from well-known Democrats, and a growing number of critics.

Very few politicians, political donors or progressive activists have spoken up in her favor. For example, she has got no support from Bernie Sanders whom she supported throughout the 2016 election.

Few media outlets are broadcasting her novel claim that jihad actually means public criticism. The New York Times posted a gushing article in 2015 about the “Brooklyn Homegirl in a Hijab,” but has completely ignored her after the speech. HuffPo has posted just two weak op-eds defending her jihad advocacy, and Buzzfeed has not said anything since legal correspondent Chris Geidner tweeted out a defense of her without recognizing Sarsour’s multiple references to jihad in her “word of truth” phrase.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...tical-support/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I think Linda could use some time living in the West Bank.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I actually think she is expressing a commonly-held wish amongst the left, but most are just smart enough not to publicly admit it.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Likes jimnyc liked this post