Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Teens Film Man Drowning, Do Nothing

This is beyond disturbing, I agree with the police in hoping a new law is quickly passed:

http://wgntv.com/2017/07/21/florida-...-in-his-death/

Florida teens who recorded drowning man will not be charged in his death

POSTED 6:51 AM, JULY 21, 2017, BY CNN WIRE

COCOA, Fla. — A group of Florida teens who taunted a drowning man while filming his death from afar will not be criminally charged, according to police.

In the more than two-minute long video, the five teen boys — who are between the ages of 14 and 16 — can be heard laughing as the man struggles to stay afloat, police say, in a pond near his family’s Cocoa, Florida, home.

Instead of calling for help, the teens recorded the incident on a cell phone, chuckling during the victim’s final moments.

The teens can be heard warning the man that he was “going to die” and they were not going to help him. At one point, one of the teen boys can be heard laughing, saying “he dead.”
    Police: Family of victim ‘frustrated’ in lack of accountability

The state of Florida currently does not have a law where a citizen is obligated to render aid or call for help for anyone in distress.

“If there was (a law like that) we would charge them,” Cocoa Police Department spokeswoman Yvonne Martinez told CNN by phone.

“The family is frustrated … the detectives are frustrated, that we cannot hold anyone accountable for this,” Martinez added. “No one deserves to go like that.”

Teens showed no remorse over drowning death

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I can almost understand not knowing what to do, or being in shock, or even filming and being ignorant. But laughing, taunting and telling him he was going to die while doing so?

I have no problem and would also support new laws.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Kathianne, revelarts, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

This made my stomach churn.
    And at the same time, I am not really surprised. People suck.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    This made my stomach churn.
    And at the same time, I am not really surprised. People suck.
    A normal reaction after reading something like this. Then again, there's many more examples of teens saving someone from being raped, or saving them from a fire, or following a car where the driver kidnapped a child, resulting in the child being freed.

One wonders what sort of parents and community these teens come from.

Then I look at the many times more kids that are giving back to their communities, schools, and involved with their families and churches.

There are always the bad ones, luckily there seem to be many more good ones.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    A normal reaction after reading something like this. Then again, there's many more examples of teens saving someone from being raped, or saving them from a fire, or following a car where the driver kidnapped a child, resulting in the child being freed.

Then I look at the many times more kids that are giving back to their communities, schools, and involved with their families and churches.

I was talking while in Alaska, about the dog playing on the back of the boat, and that I WOULD jump in if she were to fall out. The waters were running 17mph and the water was also COLD. She would probably have easily angled herself and got to shore fairly easily, while I would likely have gotten the body temps cold and sank quickly!

I think more people than not, just have an instinct to want to help, whether it be animals or of course a human drowning.

I would LIKE to hope, that these dirtbags were of the rare group that would not only refuse to help, but also mock the situation.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I wish I could feel this way, Kath, but I cannot. There are definitely good folks, but I truly believe that they are in the minority. The things people all over the world do to women, animals, etc., are proof enough for me.

God help us if we ever have to compete for food, etc. The level of ugly will be unbelievable.

I will be glad to be wrong, though!

-Abbey

12. Likes jimnyc, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I wish I could feel this way, Kath, but I cannot. There are definitely good folks, but I truly believe that they are in the minority. The things people all over the world do to women, animals, etc., are proof enough for me.

God help us if we ever have to compete for food, etc. The level of ugly will be unbelievable.

I will be glad to be wrong, though!
    I do think you are in this, I certainly hope I'm right. I look at any given day and the truth is there are more good people, if judged by giving me a smile or a thank you or excuse me or holding a door. Yes, we all notice and get at least annoyed at those that are rude or just miserable in their demeanor, but that's the point, they are noticeable.

I think the real problem is when we take the miserable ones to heart, and figure they are the norm. That's on us.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I do think you are in this, I certainly hope I'm right. I look at any given day and the truth is there are more good people, if judged by giving me a smile or a thank you or excuse me or holding a door. Yes, we all notice and get at least annoyed at those that are rude or just miserable in their demeanor, but that's the point, they are noticeable.

I think the real problem is when we take the miserable ones to heart, and figure they are the norm. That's on us.
    I think of it as being realistic.

-Abbey

15. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'm keeping you around, whenever I think I'm getting too cynical, I have you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

This is beyond disturbing, I agree with the police in hoping a new law is quickly passed:

http://wgntv.com/2017/07/21/florida-...-in-his-death/
    The sad thing is there's also no law saying that POLICE have to do anything save anyone either.
    though many many do.
    however, this is established law apparently.
    There are stories of cops WATCHING as citizens fight to subdue wanted killers and didn't approach until the fight is finished. and of course many incidents of cops watching people die while in custody.

seems to me there should be no law to punish random citizens for being heartless SCUMBAGS.
    I mean where does that end?
    But if you VOLUNTEER for a job that that has helping people and the law as it's mission. And you are PAID and trained by the state to do it. Well, it seems to me the consequences for doing nothing or doing the opposite should be pretty steep.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I can almost understand not knowing what to do, or being in shock, or even filming and being ignorant. But laughing, taunting and telling him he was going to die while doing so?

I have no problem and would also support new laws.
    jim. Our nation is full of ignored children like those teens. I place the blame on their parents who probably do the same things, while watching movies, and playing games in their home where the value of anyone's life...depends on how ENTERTAINING the outcome might be. Instant gratification, poor home life, and not following any rules...has become the RULE, rather than the EXCEPTION in America. Just look around.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

19. Thanks Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

@revelarts I thought this might be of interest to you, I found it so:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...police-reforms

21. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed.
    I told the wife and kids about this yesterday.
    They were all disgusted and upset that could happen.
    Sadly, none of us are surprised.
    I wonder what race and color the kids were.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I heard earlier today that they ended up charging these kids anyway. Apparently there was no law that forced them to do anything. But since they knew he died, they had a duty then to report it, and failed to do so. I have no idea what this crime is or the penalty it may carry. I'm glad they found something to charge the little scumbags with though!

24. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I heard earlier today that they ended up charging these kids anyway. Apparently there was no law that forced them to do anything. But since they knew he died, they had a duty then to report it, and failed to do so. I have no idea what this crime is or the penalty it may carry. I'm glad they found something to charge the little scumbags with though!
    It won't be enough to kick them in the teeth.
    It burns me that they are probably still laughing about the whole thing.
    I don't care who the victim was - everybody should be respected, helped, and be treated humanly.
    Little bastards. Their karma will come around sometime.

26. Thanks Abbey Marie, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post