Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Tavy View Post
Yeah, that was me. Haven't done any writing on that for some weeks now.

I know a few Brits. None of them ever explained to me that when elections end there, everybody just shuts up and stops criticizing the winning opposition. You learn something new every day. Of course, I understand that over there the winner is determined by the person who gets the most votes. Lastly, it has been awhile since you have had to deal with a bull goose looney for a leader. George V?
OK, happy to clarify things for you, then ...

More often than not, the British public just accept the result of an election. When there's a clear majority, we don't consider there's any real grounds for doing anything else. Of course, this time around, there's been no clear majority (yes, folks, we had a recent General Election) ... and ... this gave the Left latitude to try and steal the election for themselves (Corbyn went on air to say he was ready to form his own Government !), even despite having fewer votes, and a substantial number of seats less, than their Conservative opposition ... who have formed our latest minority Government.

Criticism can and does exist, post-election. HOWEVER, it doesn't, ever, reach the pitch that the American Left have been foisting in Trump's direction, ever since he became President ! Equally .. the attacks launched on Trump, pre-election, have no equivalent in British politics I've ever been aware of. This last election of yours leaves the impression that American politics can be a far dirtier business than our own.

Trust me, your Left does itself no favours abroad, when it shows itself capable of such vitriol.

That said ... on my side of the Pond, too, anti-Trump sentiment seems unprecedented for any properly elected Leader ! My, how the Left hate Trump !! My impression is that your Left actually believe you have a right to DICTATE a win for yourselves, whenever you require it.

I hold a simple view. Trump was elected. He was elected because promises he gave, your general Public voted to see him work to achieve. So, on what decent basis do your lot work so very hard to prevent him from succeeding ?? Don't you CARE about the democratic Will of the People in your country ??

Because if that's the case -- then the Left is simply unfit to be an part of your democratic processes, until such time as they show the electorate due deference to THEIR wishes !!