Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Not Smart To Dictate For Son

Don't know where this will go, but just seems dumb. The article basically says that Trump came up with the idea, dictating what Don Jr. should say about meeting; 'It was for the orphans!' Worked for less than 24 hours.

Sometimes the dumbest things...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ef14287cf7be

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer By Ashley Parker, Carol D. Leonnig, Philip Rucker and Tom HamburgerJuly 31 at 7:46 PM

On the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Germany last month, President Trump’s advisers discussed how to respond to a new revelation that Trump’s oldest son had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign — a disclosure the advisers knew carried political and potentially legal peril.

The strategy, the advisers agreed, should be for Donald Trump Jr. to release a statement to get ahead of the story. They wanted to be truthful, so their account couldn’t be repudiated later if the full details emerged.

But within hours, at the president’s direction, the plan changed.

Flying home from Germany on July 8 aboard Air Force One, Trump personally dictated a statement in which Trump Jr. said that he and the Russian lawyer had “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children” when they met in June 2016, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deliberations. The statement, issued to the New York Times as it prepared an article, emphasized that the subject of the meeting was “not a campaign issue at the time.”

The claims were later shown to be misleading.

Prosecutors typically assume that any misleading statement is an effort to throw investigators off the track, Zeidenberg said.

“The thing that really strikes me about this is the stupidity of involving the president,” Zeidenberg said. “They are still treating this like a family-run business and they have a PR problem. . . . What they don’t seem to understand is this is a criminal investigation involving all of them.”

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yes, this has been a major story today, but the actions were back weeks.

Other than this, the day has been weird in the sense of no drama I've seen from the WH. Gee, almost like the 'old days.' May it continue.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

He probably did Jr's homework for him as well...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm sure it's true, and I could search for other sources if I wanted to. I don't care to bother with more than a sentence from a WaPO article. If I come across something, and it happens to be from them, move along is what I do. Or if interested, the first thing I do is a search on more reputable sites for backup.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm sure it's true, and I could search for other sources if I wanted to. I don't care to bother with more than a sentence from a WaPO article. If I come across something, and it happens to be from them, move along is what I do. Or if interested, the first thing I do is a search on more reputable sites for backup.
    The White House presser said, "He weighed in, as any father would do..." so yeah.

My last post was that this was a few weeks ago, today was pretty anti-drama and on message. If it continues, who knows? Something might be done.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I doubt pjmedia or gateway pundit is going to do a piece about Trump obstructing justice (again).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The White House presser said, "He weighed in, as any father would do..." so yeah.

My last post was that this was a few weeks ago, today was pretty anti-drama and on message. If it continues, who knows? Something might be done.
    I solely commented as to the source, nothing else. But unlike those that whine about Breitbart and what not, I'm not questioning the accuracy of anything.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I doubt pjmedia or gateway pundit is going to do a piece about Trump obstructing justice (again).
    Trying to once again prove what an asshole you truly are?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Trying to once again prove what an asshole you truly are?
    You get very upset when someone contradicts or disagrees with you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    You get very upset when someone contradicts or disagrees with you.
    Not exactly like that. I actually like a little debate. But your comments are often meant to mock in some manner, and show very little actual interest in discussing the articles. Also, don't confuse me calling you or someone else being an asshole as getting very upset. I point it out, then move along.