Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump is finally getting his White House in order

It's just an opinion piece of course. I don't think any one man or woman can change everything. But if I would trust that to anyone, it would be a Marine General.

---

Trump is finally getting his White House in order

The Mooch comes, the Mooch goes, but the real news, the good news, is that there is now going to be order in the court of Donald Trump.

By agreeing to the wish of new chief of staff Gen. John Kelly that Anthony Scaramucci vacate the premises, President Trump sent a dramatic signal of his personal commitment to changing the ways of his White House.

Other changes are sure to follow in the coming days. There likely will be no more open-door Oval Office gabfests and no more kibitzers loitering in the hallways hoping to catch the president’s eye and scramble his schedule. Oh, and leakers will meet a firing squad at dawn on the White House lawn.

The battle to advance the Trump agenda will be waged in smart, disciplined fashion under a retired four-star general from the Marine Corps.

And not a moment too soon.

Last week was the worst week of the Trump presidency and there was no end to the bleeding in sight. The failure of the ObamaCare repeal led a list of mistakes and setbacks, and Scaramucci, brought in to improve communications, instantly managed to make everything worse with profane, inflammatory comments about White House colleagues.

To clean up that mess, Kelly, in addition to pushing out Scaramucci, apparently put other conditions on his taking the job, the biggest being that everybody in the White House reports to him.

Trump, of course, is already notorious for hijacking some of his administration’s accomplishments with angry Twitter outbursts, especially early in the morning. The effect is too often to drive the day’s news stories, and give the media another reason to write about chaos in his administration.

Gen. Kelly has spent almost his entire adult life in the military since enlisting in the Marines in 1970 and saw combat duty in Iraq.

His greatest sacrifice was to come, however. In 2010, his 29-year-old son, Robert Kelly, a Marine first lieutenant, was killed when he stepped on a land mine in Afghanistan.

That’s the caliber of sacrifice and commitment to country Kelly represents. His new boss has made a superb choice in giving him command of the White House, but now the boss must uphold his end of the bargain, too.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/31/trump-i...ouse-in-order/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

If Trump defers most major decision making to Kelly, he will be in much better shape.
    Trump's major problem is that he is a narcissist who acts too often on impulse. He also says things without thinking about them first. Commonly known as "not having a filter." It's bad enough with my daughter. I can't imagine being POTUS and dealing with it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...o-offer-praise

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It's just an opinion piece of course. I don't think any one man or woman can change everything. But if I would trust that to anyone, it would be a Marine General.

---

Trump is finally getting his White House in order

The Mooch comes, the Mooch goes, but the real news, the good news, is that there is now going to be order in the court of Donald Trump.

By agreeing to the wish of new chief of staff Gen. John Kelly that Anthony Scaramucci vacate the premises, President Trump sent a dramatic signal of his personal commitment to changing the ways of his White House.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/31/trump-i...ouse-in-order/
    I hope so. I saw something the other day, I hope does not come to pass. If Kelly brings order, which would be a tough job, there's a real likelihood that TIME or even one of the MSM papers will do a front page on 'Kelly The Man Who Tamed Trump.' If Trump took the kudos, because ultimately that's who would get the credit, then it would be great. The problem comes if he doesn't like not getting the 'coverage' and it seems Kelly eclipses him.

Fingers crossed.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I hope so. I saw something the other day, I hope does not come to pass. If Kelly brings order, which would be a tough job, there's a real likelihood that TIME or even one of the MSM papers will do a front page on 'Kelly The Man Who Tamed Trump.' If Trump took the kudos, because ultimately that's who would get the credit, then it would be great. The problem comes if he doesn't like not getting the 'coverage' and it seems Kelly eclipses him.

Fingers crossed.
    This was part of the problem with Scaramucci. His foul-mouthed tantrum dominated the news for days and made him more newsworthy than Trump. It was encouraging that Kelly was given the authority to fire Scaramucci without having to go through Trump.