Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

@jimnyc if your tear is injury-related, this prob is irrelevant, but I had a lot of pain associated with mouse usage. It all went away when I switched to a roller ball type.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I hope so. I'd hate to think that this much was sort of accomplished in 3 days and then it would stall. I just have to see if they do the procedure at their facility, in which they do have an "ambulatory" area, but no idea if they do any types of procedures there or if it moves to the hospital like my prior neck surgeries. If at a hospital, my next concern is WHO would all be involved in this procedure, and will they be in network or not. That's how the bastards get you!!
    Hmmm, while a radiologist read the MRI, my following appt was with the surgeon, who did the surgery. If you remember I went in around 7 or so, was out around 6 or 7 in the evening. It seems like shoulder would probably be more involved, I had 5 cuts, small but stitched.

I don't know what all is involved in tear in elbow area, but does seem a bit more straight forward. The doctor did say a 'tear' is better than the complete separation of the tendon, which of course has been my problem. He thinks now there may be a tear, but can't get an MRI because of the metal in my shoulder, a CAT scan was inconclusive.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    @jimnyc if your tear is injury-related, this prob is irrelevant, but I had a lot of pain associated with mouse usage. It all went away when I switched to a roller ball type.
    Yeah, doctor told me yesterday that no amount of therapy or cortisone shots will fix the tearing in my elbow area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Hmmm, while a radiologist read the MRI, my following appt was with the surgeon, who did the surgery. If you remember I went in around 7 or so, was out around 6 or 7 in the evening. It seems like shoulder would probably be more involved, I had 5 cuts, small but stitched.

I don't know what all is involved in tear in elbow area, but does seem a bit more straight forward. The doctor did say a 'tear' is better than the complete separation of the tendon, which of course has been my problem. He thinks now there may be a tear, but can't get an MRI because of the metal in my shoulder, a CAT scan was inconclusive.
    Yups, that's what happened, as this time my actual doctor came in, not one of the many assistants to quickly jab you with a needle. Said right away that surgery was necessary. There are 2 options, one is like a rod they put in there and clean things u, with a 75% success rate. The other is literally slicing and cutting aka "releasing" the tendon, tear it down to the BONE, and clean things, then let it all heal back normally. That one he said has a 95% success rate.

I'll be going with the second and the procedure is on the 30th of this month. He said the pain will get worse before better after the surgery, and then some rehab involved.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I've had a couple friends that have apparently had the second option done on their shoulders, and both with great success. Rehab can be lengthy and painful, but it does heal and you can use it again, pretty much as normal. I'd go with option 2 also. One of my buddies that had a ripped tendon repaired in his shoulder had a machine that sat next to his chair and he put his arm in this sling, and it raised and lowered his arm.

I'm going to file a grievance with Veterans Choice today, in writing. The program is a farce.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-11-2017 at 09:32 AM.

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post