Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Productive Saturday Morning!

Sometimes it seems on Fridays I just lounge about, take a nap. The most I got done yesterday was running to the market and cleaning the inside of my car. I was going to run to the car wash, but alas it looked like rain moving in, so it did.

This morning I got the the car wash by 7:15, in spite of the clouds building up again. Vacuumed it out, they got this cool air jet that gets everything loosened up for the vac and also blasts stuff from the chair runners and underneath the seats. I know, I'm easily satisfied. I get in line to pay and the guy says, "You can come in anytime in the next 5 days if you want. The monsoons bite." Cool.

Headed for Camp Verde, a nice 1/2 hour drive for the farmer's market. Picked up some really nice heirloom tomatoes for Caprese Salad, they even had buffalo mozzarella, from local dairy ranch. Got a couple gourmet condiments for gifts and headed back to town. Got new windshield wipers, they only last about 6 months in this heat and sandy windstorms.

Picked up a carton of habit at the local Indian Reservation, then went to Old Towne for some really good olive oil. Usually get basil infused, but this time thought I'd try the Herbes de Provence. They make it locally, along with fudge. I was good, didn't even sample the fudge, I know I would have bought some.

All this, it's 11am. Other than some applications, I think I'm done for the day. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks SassyLady, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Gee ... the only thing I accomplished on Saturday was playing some ChickenFoot (dominoes) with a friend and grocery shopping.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

awesome I love these little tidbits about our board-family's life

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sounds almost identical to a Saturday morn for my wife!

If me it would be:

1. Sleep in
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Saturday I can't remember. I think we helped our daughter look for a new car.

Yesterday I took Tylenol and literally crawled upstairs on hands and knees. The hip is that painful now. Super.

I did read a lot and I did brew coffee. Some things simply must be accomplished.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Saturday I can't remember. I think we helped our daughter look for a new car.

Yesterday I took Tylenol and literally crawled upstairs on hands and knees. The hip is that painful now. Super.

I did read a lot and I did brew coffee. Some things simply must be accomplished.

Speaking of new car, I recently bought a 'new to me' truck. I had a 2011 Chevy Tahoe LT that I liked just fine, but had a suspicion it had a problem. One morning I went out, got in it to go the hardware store and nothing, some lights and clicking, wouldn't even turn over, and they had put a new battery in it. Now for a 2011 vehicle with only 53,000 miles on it to have a static drain problem bad enough to drain the battery to where it won't start, well, I'm not going to have it, not to mention dollar signs were flashing all over in my head paying to have the shop chase down the problem, which they may or may not be able to do. So, online to the local Chevy dealer and almost IMMEDIATELY spotted a truck that I just DROOLED over. I called them about it, put a $500 deposit on it to hold it until the next day. Cleaned out my Tahoe, drove up to the Chevy dealer and bought the truck on the spot. A 2015, Chevy, 2500HD, Z71, LTZ, 4X4, pitch black with only 20,300 miles on it. I absolutely LOVE the truck, it's a beast with every conceivable option, even seat A/C, collision alert, went off on me already, lane deviation alert... on and on... but can you say "BIG TIME IN DEBT?" ... ... my God, they don't give these away... wow... but added 5 more years of factory warranty on it which wasn't cheap either, but I thought smart...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-16-2017 at 02:32 PM.

12. Thanks Abbey Marie, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post