Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
I just got so tired of it. The start of really hating it came I thing in 2014, when the snow piled so high at the doors, they wouldn't open. At the sliding doors, it was at least 5', which is about what I am. Same with the garage, I grabbed a shovel and started attacking from the garage, I was lucky it didn't fall on me! Luckily neighbor's son got me out with plow on his truck. LOL! I was in a serious panic. My kids were like, just relax, no one is going anywhere. I was like, "I gotta be able to get out of here!'

Then the last winter I was there, it was below 0 for like 35 days, while still snowing a lot for most days. The cold started in October, didn't end until seriously like late June. The 30 something days were from like Dec-Feb. It was horrible. That's like not Chicago-like. It's warm, like 15-32F, it snows. It's subzero, no way. Except that year, way. Walking down sidewalks was treacherous, salt doesn't work that cold. People did move most of the snow off, making it a slippery maze. Just horrible!
I remember the winters you're talking about. I was also amazed that it snowed as much as it did when it was that cold.