Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    The mayor of Charlotteville did it right. It's all about racism.
    No, it isn't. It's about stupidity. There are stupid people out there that're going to hate something. Race is the excuse and you are as bad about keeping it alive as anyone.

You can't fix the problem focusing on a symptom rather than the source.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    No, it isn't. It's about stupidity. There are stupid people out there that're going to hate something. Race is the excuse and you are as bad about keeping it alive as anyone.

You can't fix the problem focusing on a symptom rather than the source.
    How are you to respond to white supremacists when their entire agenda is race based? They are by definition racists. Why are you promoting a PC attitude now?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

How are you to respond to white supremacists when their entire agenda is race based? They are by definition racists. Why are you promoting a PC attitude now?
    Nothing PC about me. I'm just stating you're the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm a Marine and I think like one. Before I spent 21 years in the Corps, I was raised by military assholes in my family. They're from Alabama.

So where do you want to start? I wouldn't let some PC morons tear down the statue to start with;

Given the order to allow the knuckleheads to tear it down, I would not have issued permits to Klansmen in Virginia of all places to congregate and work themselves into a frenzy;

Given the order to all them to, I would have ensured a safe perimeter and enough security to let there be no doubt in anyone's little civilian mind their every orifice would be invaded at the slightest sign of trouble.

My personal beliefs get put on hold and are compartmentalized while I carry out a mission. And before you say shit, YOUR institution made me what I am. Want to cry about all your Rights? Write your Congressman.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A response isn't necessary.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

He finally called them out specifically. Good.

Trump calls KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists 'repugnant'
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/politi...ers/index.html

FULL TEXT
    President Donald Trump's comments delivered Aug. 14, 2017.

Thank you. I’m in Washington today to meet with my economics team to meet about trade policy and major tax cuts and reform. We are renegotiating trade deals and making them good for the American worker, and it's about time. Our economy is now strong, the stock market continues to hit record highs, unemployment is at a 16-year low and businesses are more optimistic than ever before. Companies are moving back to the United States and bringing many thousands of jobs with them. We have already created over 1 million jobs since I took office.

We will be discussing economic issues in greater detail later this afternoon, but based on the events that took place over the weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia, I would like to provide the nation with an update on the ongoing federal response to the horrific attack and violence that was witnessed by everyone.

I just met with FBI director Christopher Wray, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation into the deadly car attack that killed one innocent American, and wounded twenty others. To anyone who acted criminally in this weekend's racist violence, you will be held fully accountable. Justice will be delivered.

As I said on Saturday, we condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence – it has no place in America. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws. We all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We must love each other, show affection for each other and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry and violence. We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans. We are a nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. We are equal in the eyes of our creator, we are equal under the law and we are equal under our constitution. Those who spread violence in the name of bigotry, strike at the very core of America.
    Two days ago, a young American woman Heather Heyer was tragically killed. Her death fills us with grief, and we send her family our thoughts, our prayers and our love. We also mourn the two Virginia state troopers who died in service to their community, their commonwealth and their country.

Troopers Jay Cullen and Berke Bates exemplify the very best of America, and our hearts go out to their family, their friends and every member of American law enforcement. These three fallen Americans embody the goodness and decency of our nation. In times such as these, America has always shown it's true character, responding to hate with love, division with unity and violence with an unwavering resolve for justice. As a candidate, I promise to restore law and order to our country, and our federal law enforcement agencies are following through on that pledge.
    We will spare no resource in fighting so that every American child can grow up free from violence and fear. We will defend and protect the sacred rights of all Americans and we will work together so that every citizen in this blessed land is free to follow their dreams in their hearts and to express the love and joy in their souls. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you very much.

moving in the right direction
    Better late than never...
    I hope he and his people will follow through with these sentiments with Action
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-14-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Here's how I would respond to hiding White Supremacists petey. I'd stop talking to you.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote:
    I think there is blame on both sides. You look at both sides. I think there is blame object on both sides. You had some very bad people in that group. You also had some very fine people on both sides.
    Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him. Good. Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner.

well It was half way decent while it lasted... but now Trump goes down the wrong road again

BTW
    Bernie Sanders, after finding out that one of his supporters committed an act of political violence:

Quote:
    I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign. I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be. Violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms. Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs against our most deeply held American values.
    the end.

Nothing about the crimes of the intended Republican victims, or justifications of any motives or associates... being "bad people in that group".
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-16-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Did the guy who drove the car into the crowd ever work for trump?

11. Thanks michiganFats thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    well It was half way decent while it lasted... but now Trump goes down the wrong road again
    He didn't take anything back about his condemnation of either the KKK or white nationalists - but he added in condemnation about the left, and other hatred that was there. What's so wrong about that? Can only ONE group/person be blamed, even though its on dang video/picture that so many others were involved in the violence/hate?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    He didn't take anything back about his condemnation of either the KKK or white nationalists - but he added in condemnation about the left, and other hatred that was there. What's so wrong about that? Can only ONE group/person be blamed, even though its on dang video/picture that so many others were involved in the violence/hate?
    Also the baseball diamond shooting was done by a leftist......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And how is condemning both sides, somehow choosing sides? Sure, and he's a Duke or a racist because he DIDN'T fully take sides, and that's what the issue here is. They lost their minds once Trump pointed out the left. Can't have that!

---

On Wednesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” co-host Joe Scarborough argued that President Trump has also become the president of the white nationalist movement.

Scarborough said, “The United States is — we’ve — sometimes it’s been painful, but we’ve been in a constant, long march towards equality. And yesterday, it’s almost as if the president held up a stop sign and stopped history in its tracks.”

He added, “[N]ot so strange is the fact that you had David Duke and other white nationalists actually praising the president of the United States yesterday for his words. And why not, he has now officially become the president of the white national — not only of America but also of the white nationalist movement. David Duke saying, thank you, Mr. President, for your ‘courage to tell the truth about Charlottesville[.]’ Well, David Duke, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, Klan members, they stand on one side, and apparently, the rest of America and the world stands on the other, Willie. The president has chosen sides, and it is very clear, not only morally — especially morally, but also politically, he has chosen the wrong side.”

Scarborough concluded that lots of Trump’s voters didn’t want “a Duke in the White House, and that’s what they’ve got.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/...list-movement/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Scarborough is a whore. Funny thing is he is playing into trumps hands. Again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think those that are responding with violence, which running 20+ people down certainly is, should be condemned. Here's the problem with the Trump response, as I see it.

This certainly isn't the first 'clash' between the anarchists/minority supremacists on the left with the white supremacists/neo-Nazis on the right. In previous 'clashes' what criticism there was went justifiably to those that created the property damage-which was on the left. What was not really reported was the fisticuffs and other violent actions between the two. The right media did condemned the left's actions, as well as police that set up 'safe spaces' for them 'to blow off steam,' resulting in many thousands of damages.

It's with the death of someone that makes THIS the wrong time to try to create equivalency.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I think those that are responding with violence, which running 20+ people down certainly is, should be condemned. Here's the problem with the Trump response, as I see it.

This certainly isn't the first 'clash' between the anarchists/minority supremacists on the left with the white supremacists/neo-Nazis on the right. In previous 'clashes' what criticism there was went justifiably to those that created the property damage-which was on the left. What was not really reported was the fisticuffs and other violent actions between the two. The right media did condemned the left's actions, as well as police that set up 'safe spaces' for them 'to blow off steam,' resulting in many thousands of damages.

It's with the death of someone that makes THIS the wrong time to try to create equivalency.

Kathianne. So tell us please? WHEN would be the RIGHT TIME to do it? How many more must die, or be injured before it's safe to EXPOSE THE TRUTH about what is happening in America?
    If you listen to the BLM's, Race Baiters, Liberal Haters, Never Trumpers. They demand something should be done NOW. If the President is doing that with his words. WHY IS HE WRONG, and WHEN WOULD YOU PREFER HE TALK ABOUT IT TO AMERICA?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Kathianne. So tell us please? WHEN would be the RIGHT TIME to do it? How many more must die, or be injured before it's safe to EXPOSE THE TRUTH about what is happening in America?
    If you listen to the BLM's, Race Baiters, Liberal Haters, Never Trumpers. They demand something should be done NOW. If the President is doing that with his words. WHY IS HE WRONG, and WHEN WOULD YOU PREFER HE TALK ABOUT IT TO AMERICA?
    How about any of the other times they've 'clashed?' Trump didn't slam both for inappropriate behavior then, just the left. Same here for that matter. The MSM just spoke of 'property damage' and 'those that couldn't be identified'-meaning intafa. The right media claimed that only the left was violent, which you believe if you go with the lying eyes theory.

This was the opening that is going to result in more and more violence by both sides, unless and until law enforcement is ordered to do what they should have been doing for the past few years.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill