Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    Is this general complaining on your part or are you responding to someone specific?

Nope. As the old saying goes: If the Shoe fits....wear it!"

Of course it was just my opinion in general. I wouldn't call telling the truth..Complaining.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Why does it matter whether Marshawn Lynch (or anyone) sits or stands during the national anthem? He is doing it for attention and the media is giving it to him.
    Lynch is a talented but very self-centered person. He wants more money, he wants more playing time, he wants people to listen to him. Instead, the media continues to debate Colin Kaepernick for his stand. So Lynch decides he is going protest as well.
    The difference is that Lynch has the playing ability that Kaepernick does not.
    Keep bitch about Marshawn if you want. I'm sure he is loving it.

3. Thanks michiganFats thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Nope. As the old saying goes: If the Shoe fits....wear it!"

Of course it was just my opinion in general. I wouldn't call telling the truth..Complaining.
    I wouldn't call my opinion the truth

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    I wouldn't call my opinion the truth

Thank you. I didn't!
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    My heart has been killed on this one, Rev.

I'm a HUGE fan of Marshawn. or as I simply know him as BEAST! I detested him for playing for Darin's Seahawks! But I had a TON of respect for him, even when he did some weird shit. Then he starts playing for Oakland, a feel good story, playing for where he grew up. I was hoping I could see if the Beast would come back and be his old self or not.

But this gives me the sad smiley face.

He's still a beast. He's still a great running back. But I just disagree with folks doing anything towards our flag or our national things of pride.

This ISN'T about being right or wrong. He's right in many respects if his anger is like others, towards racism, or the shootings. But I hate when folks use the wrong ways of showing their displeasure/feelings/stance/agenda... That is all. So I'm sad. Just as I would be if it were a Steelers player. Just as I would feel if it were a white player on any issue that person would feel worth the protest. To me, it's all about the flag, and how the flag and that song are in the middle of honoring soldiers when some choose to sit/kneel.
    I get that opinion and sentiment. And Can respect that.however, others ...like myself... don't see the Anthem or the flag as PRIMARILY representing the fallen of the military or the monetary opportunities of individuals.

When i think of the flag and the Anthem I think of the PRINICIPALS they represent, the Ideals of liberty and equality that the military fights and died FOR.

I don't think it's ANY dishonor to the men who died for those ideals if someone uses their freedom to try and bring the nation even closer to living those ideals out.
    By making the SYMBOL and the SONG even MORE of a reality. And not primarily idols to revered.

to me sitting down or knelling at the anthem is NOT like flag burning, It's a gesture to get attention. ALL the players have Stood for the Anthem for years... at this point SOME have decided to make political statements.
    the statement ..it seems to me ... is NOT "I hate America" the statement is America CAN DO BETTER and SHOULD.

BUt if others can ONLY see disrespect for all things America then the gesture has missed the mark somewhat.

However, it seems to me no matter WHAT form the protest takes many on the right don't like it.
    If there's an unplanned march. .. "why are those thugs blocking the streets don't they have jobs! I'd run them over"
    If there are songs. "Why are they B1tching... just making money off a song"
    If there's a speech by ..well anyone... about it. "Why do they HATE cops so much?!?!? JUST OBEY THE COPS!! and stop acting like a criminal when you walk or drive or sit or look or don't look...."
    If there's a PLANNED marched. "Why are they B1tching... they're all on welfare.."
    If folks sit quietly at the anthem. "They're RICH!!! because AMERICA! and now have the balls to piss on AMERICA and the MILITARY like that?!?! Why are they so ungrateful and hate America?!?! Wwwwwhy ARRRRGH1! I can't BEAR the HORROR of the OFFENSE they leave I'll never watch their games!"

SOoo, I'm open to suggestion here, OK What would you suggest as a PROPER WAY to protest jim?
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-13-2017 at 10:36 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Surprise rev. Read below....

What Martin Luther King Jr. Said About Violence As Protest
    by Truth In Media in Civil Rights Jul 8, 2016

The Quest for Peace and Justice Martin Luther King Jr. Nobel Lecture — December 11, 1964
    “Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends up defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers.

https://ivn.us/2016/07/08/martin-lut...lence-protest/
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    What he said --------- ^

This isn't about some statue... this is a person in their way of saying FUCK YOU to our most endeared, beloved symbols we have that represent our nation as a whole, our flag and national anthem, and those who fought, spilled their blood and died to give these jackasses a nation where they could live free and become millionaires just chasing down a pig skin. There are plenty of other ways they can have their little protest, but doing in front of millions upon millions of people, showing their utter disdain and disrespect for our flag and our national anthem, just because these spoiled little jocks have a camera on them giving them this platform, they should NOT be doing that. They are SPITTING in the face of millions of Americans, and believe me, once again this year, since it appears the NFL didn't learn jack squat from last year, viewer ship will go down, maybe even more than last year.

THAT is what I'm saying, and it's nothing like your leftist spin, rev. Why did Jim get it and you didn't?
    That was no "leftist spin", I was just applying the template/logic you used elsewhere, to this situation.
    (unless you're saying your thinking pattern is basically the SAME as leftist...coughiftheshoefitscough? )

That's why i didn't let it slide by.
    What I think they are doing is NOT spitting in the face of Americans, It's Asking millions of Americans to TAKE NOTE.
    America CAN STILL IMPROVE. There's a problem that needs to be addressed HONESTLY. Addressing it will help America to ...EVEN MORE... live UP to the IDEALS the FLAG and ANTHEM are SYMBOLS for.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-13-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

What Martin Luther King Jr. Said About Violence As Protest
    by Truth In Media in Civil Rights Jul 8, 2016

The Quest for Peace and Justice Martin Luther King Jr. Nobel Lecture — December 11, 1964
    “Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends up defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers.

https://ivn.us/2016/07/08/martin-lut...lence-protest/
    So what's "VIOLENT" about sitting at a ball game AT?

nothing.

10. Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I'll go with James Harrison for now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Y'all know if marshawn came out with a shirt or sign that condemned gays, a suspension would be handed down. That goes for Colin too.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you. I didn't!
    No, but you did refer to yours as the truth.

A sporting event is an entertainment venue. Congress doesn't stand for National Anthem before their sessions. I made it from K through 12 without ever having to stand for the National Anthem. In over 20 years of service I maybe had to stand for it 5 times, maybe. But you think society will crumble if standing for it before sporting events doesn't remain a tradition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Y'all know if Marshawn came out with a shirt or sign that condemned gays, a suspension would be handed down. That goes for Colin too.
    I wonder how many people would stop watching the games, and pitch the kind of fits, if they were suspended for that?
    I'd guess there'd be some that would complain about the league but I suspect most wouldn't miss a game.
    And plenty of "enlightened" football fans would condemn Marshawn for that as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I wonder how many people would stop watching the games, and pitch the kind of fits, if they were suspended for that?
    I'd guess there'd be some that would complain about the league but I suspect most wouldn't miss a game.
    And plenty of "enlightened" football fans would condemn Marshawn for that as well.
    I feel like those who are pro gay are more likely to have no problem with the flag being desecrated... As a rule.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Also, somewhat to your point, if the leagues start celebrating homosexuality with rainbow colors or the like (which may not be far down the pike), I might be done with those sports.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Also, somewhat to your point, if the leagues start celebrating homosexuality with rainbow colors or the like (which may not be far down the pike), I might be done with those sports.
    I think a lot of people might.
    But I have to wonder what would happen if the confederate flag were raised along side/below the U.S. flag.

I'd be pissed if the League allowed EITHER the Rainbow flag and/or the Confederate flag raised at the singing of the anthem.

And i have to wonder What would be the reaction of fans if a few players stood and held up a Confederate Flag during the anthem?
    Would that be OK? Would that be respectful of America, or is that an offense to the military and a spit in the face of millions of Americans as well?
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-14-2017 at 07:55 AM.