Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I just hate seeing people protesting over shit that doesn't exist. Would be like protesting to bring attention to the wages of santa's elves.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    That was no "leftist spin", I was just applying the template/logic you used elsewhere, to this situation.
    (unless you're saying your thinking pattern is basically the SAME as leftist...coughiftheshoefitscough? )

That's why i didn't let it slide by.
    What I think they are doing is NOT spitting in the face of Americans, It's Asking millions of Americans to TAKE NOTE.
    America CAN STILL IMPROVE. There's a problem that needs to be addressed HONESTLY. Addressing it will help America to ...EVEN MORE... live UP to the IDEALS the FLAG and ANTHEM are SYMBOLS for.
    What I think they're doing IS spitting in the face of Americans, and is ultimately disrespectful to both of our national symbols, the flag and national anthem, period. These shysters sitting and kneeling during the playing of the national anthem in my eyes are anti American trash. I'd spit on them given the chance.

Now is what you think more important than what I think? No.
    Is what I think more important than what you think? No.

And there you have it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-14-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I guess I don't care if they disrespect the flag or me. It's their issue (being dumb), not mine.

5. Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    What I think they're doing IS spitting in the face of Americans, and is ultimately disrespectful to both of our national symbols, the flag and national anthem, period. These shysters sitting and kneeling during the playing of the national anthem in my eyes are anti American trash. I'd spit on them given the chance.

Now is what you think more important than what I think? No.
    Is what I think more important than what you think? No.

And there you have it.
    So it's OK to Spit on people if you're upset with their opinion then?
    That's an appropriate form of protest Or reaction to ideas and people you don't agree with?

Is that "non-violent"?

maybe people who've themselves and their children have been unduly harassed, maimed, falsely jailed and killed by police should start a SPITING in the face of cops, or the people who don't see the problem?

The offense of your own Dead kid would seem to be at least as strong a reason to spit as the offense of knelling at a song.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    I think it's fake patriotism.
    On whose part? I would argue that most fans are sincere. Can't speak for minority fans anymore. Could you be projecting?,
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

It's disrespectful to this country.

As far as I'm concerned, if you won't stand for the National Anthem as is proper and customary in this country, then you can just get the fuck out. Venezuela is real nice this time of year.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So it's OK to Spit on people if you're upset with their opinion then?
    That's an appropriate form of protest Or reaction to ideas and people you don't agree with?

Is that "non-violent"?

maybe people who've themselves and their children have been unduly harassed, maimed, falsely jailed and killed by police should start a SPITING in the face of cops, or the people who don't see the problem?

The offense of your own Dead kid would seem to be at least as strong a reason to spit as the offense of knelling at a song.
    Then their issue is with law enforcement, not the flag or the national anthem. When you disrespect the flag and anthem, you're not saying you have a problem with the police, you're saying you hate America. What part about that escapes you people?

If they think America is such a rotten nation, then LEAVE, simple as that.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-14-2017 at 01:03 PM.

12. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

How quickly would rev want to leave the greatest nation in the World, without being proud of the FLAG, or the NATIONAL ANTHEM if....he lost his Freedoms, Rights, and Liberties by going to another nation where they have no protective Constitution???

Would you like to leave this country rev? If not. Either you respect your own nation, or you can dress up in WHITE SHEETS, or SHAVE YOUR HEAD, and tattoo your body head to tow with Swastica's to show your DISRESPECT for all you enjoy here.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Thank you. I didn't!

I wouldn't call your opinion truth either...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Then their issue is with law enforcement, not the flag or the national anthem. When you disrespect the flag and anthem, you're not saying you have a problem with the police, you're saying you hate America. What part about that escapes you people?

If they think America is such a rotten nation, then LEAVE, simple as that.

BY your standards
    those who believe that everyone who flies or owns a confederate flag is a racist America hater are correct.
    Since THAT's what they've been taught about the Confederate Rebels since childhood, or been trained to believe elsewhere. And Other people should just should "GET IT" Just GET how offensive it is.

I mean what is it about the Confederate flag being ONLY a racist symbol escapes you people?!!??

It ONLY means they HATE black people and HATE AMERICA... especially stinkin' YANKEES!
    they should leave the country and find an Island where they can wave that OTHER DEAD nation's FLAG at top mass and stand up and salute THAT thing ... since they hate America so much for beating the living crap out of them. Don't they like the U.S. flag enough?! America has given them all they've GOT!! SO why do they have to wave a SECOND FLAG? That's some CRAZY disrespect. makes me want to spit in their faces and not speak to them. There's only ONE AMERICA. And ONE FLAG. any other flags are an OFFENSE!
    Right?

Look, HPDrifter just because you can't FATHOM that others still LIKE America but want it to improve and are therefore willing to use the symbols of the nation to help do so, doesn't mean your definition or your assumption of inner motives apply.

Sorry Drifter.

the meaning and kinds of respect people apply to symbols ISN'T based solely on your or my opinion.
    what part of that escapes you?
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-14-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I wouldn't call your opinion truth either...
    Never insisted that it was hjmick. That's why they call it Opinion. I have no reason to come here and lie about anything. If some want to deny the truth. That's their problem.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

BY your standards
    those who believe that everyone who flies or owns a confederate flag is a racist America hater are correct.
    Since THAT's what they've been taught about the Confederate Rebels since childhood, or been trained to believe elsewhere. And Other people should just should "GET IT" Just GET how offensive it is.

I mean what is it about the Confederate flag being ONLY a racist symbol escapes you people?!!??

It ONLY means they HATE black people and HATE AMERICA... especially stinkin' YANKEES!
    they should leave the country and find an Island where they can wave that OTHER DEAD nation's FLAG at top mass and stand up and salute THAT thing ... since they hate America so much for beating the living crap out of them. Don't they like the U.S. flag enough?! America has given them all they've GOT!! SO why do they have to wave a SECOND FLAG? That's some CRAZY disrespect. makes me want to spit in their faces and not speak to them. There's only ONE AMERICA. And ONE FLAG. any other flags are an OFFENSE!
    Right?

Look, HPDrifter just because you can't FATHOM that others still LIKE America but want it to improve and are therefore willing to use the symbols of the nation to help do so, doesn't mean your definition or your assumption of inner motives apply.

Sorry Drifter.

the meaning and kinds of respect people apply to symbols ISN'T based solely on your or my just a .
    what part of that escapes you?
    Sorry rev, but your rant was inane. Being a hyperbolic copy cat doesn't validate a vapid diatribe.

Do you progs realize you're insulting a good third of the entire nation with your insipid hatred of the Confederate Battle flag and statues and such? Why was the Confederate flag so well loved and even used as huge back drops for things like a Leonard Skinner concert and such? Why was it so widely accepted until ONE of you lock step progs decided it was RAAAAAYYYYYYCCIIIISSSST, and you all engaged your GROUP THINK?

You people all have an agenda, and for the greater amount of time all your ideas are anti American crap, and that includes trying to bury our history, good, bad or indifferent.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-14-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    On whose part? I would argue that most fans are sincere. Can't speak for minority fans anymore. Could you be projecting?,
    I'm not projecting. I do stand for the playing of the anthem and I have no problem with it but I also don't have a problem with someone who doesn't stand for it at sporting events. I think it's fake patriotism because I reject the notion that a patriotic test should be associated with something as trivial as a sporting event in the first place, I think it cheapens the meaning of the flag and the anthem.

19. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Sorry rev, but your rant was inane. Being a hyperbolic copy cat doesn't validate a vapid diatribe.

Do you progs realize you're insulting a good third of the entire nation with your insipid hatred of the Confederate Battle flag and statues and such? Why was the Confederate flag so well loved and even used as huge back drops for things like a Leonard Skinner concert and such? Why was it so widely accepted until ONE of you lock step progs decided it was RAAAAAYYYYYYCCIIIISSSST, and you all engaged your GROUP THINK?

You people all have an agenda, and for the greater amount of time all your ideas are anti American crap, and that includes trying to bury our history, good, bad or indifferent.

My biggest question is: After more than 150 years. Why now? Why 2017 for all of the Crybaby, Whiners, Offended, Insulted, Liberal, P.C.er's pushing so hard to remove statues that will always signify a large portion of our nation's History?
    Other than the fact...all of those now weeping about the statues just need something else to complain about? They all represent a SICKNESS in the country, bigger than the RACISM, and HATRED they all claim those statues bring about.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'm not a "progressive". I'm more of a christian, small govt, constitutionalist, libertarian.
    And Ummm, I think you missed my point. So I'll just leave it there.

And I'm getting the impression that you and Drummond will get along very well.