Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default I Love Me Some Spotify Premium...

... and the longer you have it the better it learns what kind of music you like, then each Monday it has a list of songs it's picked just for you. It's usually pretty good, some weeks are better than others, and then you have a week like this week where the songs are really kinda crap though, but it's rare. I don't worry, I know that next week it'll be better. I have almost 100 songs in my saved list that are favorites. Perfect to play at a campfire or what not, plays for hours. But at $9.95 a week you get unlimited skips, high definition streaming, can download songs and listen offline, no commercials, app for the phone, very few songs or artists you ever not be able to find, etc, it's a bargain for a music lover, and especially for those like me that live where there isn't a decent radio station for 75 miles in any direction. I like listening to artists and songs I've never heard before, and for that Spotify is outstanding.

Gets a rating from me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How does it compare to Pandora? They rarely picked songs that I liked.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Dang, $40 a month though? I love my music too, but that's a lot! I have 2 devices, my OLD ipod and now just a USB stick. EVERY song I own is on the stick, I put it in my truck and I'm good to go.

I have exactly 5,350 mp3's on my computer!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Dang, $40 a month though? I love my music too, but that's a lot! I have 2 devices, my OLD ipod and now just a USB stick. EVERY song I own is on the stick, I put it in my truck and I'm good to go.

I have exactly 5,350 mp3's on my computer!
    WHY did I say $9.95 a "week?" DUH..!! I meant $9.95 a MONTH.

Yeah I'm a big music lover. I have a half way decent home theater, but the movie buying has drastically slowed. Just a lot of garbage coming out of hollyweird not worth buying. I went 4K with a new LG tv and oppo disc player too, so I like to get the movies that come out in 4K, just not that many.

So because I like my music, I ordered a new amp to take my 2 channel stereo listening to the next level, a Parasound Model 2250 V.2. It came today and I spent the better part of the entire day listening to music... my ears are ringing. I could go on and on about how good it sounds but, I'll just say it's bad ass. Woke my Bowers & Wilkins CM10's right up...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-28-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

You know that you can download the audio in mp3 straight from YouTube, right?

I have hundreds of songs on my phone - never liked pandora or spotify, because I loathe commercials... plus, the songs would veer off into weird genres eventually. Start off with some mandatory Guns n' Roses and eventually it's playing backstreet boys or some other bullshit.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum