Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Rushmore, Monticello, Mt. Vernon...

Kassam: They’re Coming for Mount Rushmore, But They SHOULD Be Tearing Down the DemoKKKrat Party

I agree with Laura Ingraham and Pete Hegseth. It is only a matter of time before the left comes for Monticello, or Mount Vernon, or indeed Mount Rushmore.

Never content with their destructiveness, wait until they learn the history of Mount Rushmore. Not even 1,000 Confederate statues would draw the same outrage.

The 60-foot high sculpture in South Dakota — depicting Presidents Washington, Jefferson, T. Roosevelt, and Lincoln — was sculpted by a Ku Klux Klan member. Prepare for the onslaught.

Gutzon Borglum originally worked on the Stone Mountain project, which one Democrat candidate has already demanded be permanently vandalised in an attempt to erase American history. As AJC News reports:

Removing the faces of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson would take a monster of a sandblaster and require a change in state law. The Georgia code has a clear mandate for the memorial, saying it should be “preserved and protected for all time as a tribute to the bravery and heroism of the citizens of this state who suffered and died in their cause.”

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rushmore-next/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

oh the hysteria. I'm ready to get off the grid too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    oh the hysteria. I'm ready to get off the grid too.
    Why not actually participate, exchange thoughts, instead of making post #2 childish and not addressing the topic posted? Too much for you?

Just because having portions of history destroyed doesn't bother you, doesn't mean we are somehow wrong for not wanting to see history destroyed. I have ZERO interest in any of these folks or the monuments, but that doesn't make it right.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Why not actually participate, exchange thoughts, instead of making post #2 childish and not addressing the topic posted? Too much for you?

Just because having portions of history destroyed doesn't bother you, doesn't mean we are somehow wrong for not wanting to see history destroyed. I have ZERO interest in any of these folks or the monuments, but that doesn't make it right.
    Because I'm tired of you posting stories where they claim this bullshit. Maybe a dozen or so people are calling for this, then breitbart claims it's a huge story and gets their base all riled up. It's not going to happen. If you don't see the difference in this and the confederate statues then you are just drinking the kool aid.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Because I'm tired of you posting stories where they claim this bullshit. Maybe a dozen or so people are calling for this, then breitbart claims it's a huge story and gets their base all riled up. It's not going to happen. If you don't see the difference in this and the confederate statues then you are just drinking the kool aid.
    And yet all the monuments that I have pointed out HAVE come down, and there IS talk all over about many more that folks want brought down.

It's not kool aid when the shit is happening around you. I've been watching the violence from the left with my own eyes, the monuments coming down and the demand of others. Some are being brought down in the middle of the night. If you want to sit in denial, or wonder why people don't want to see pieces of history being destroyed, that's certainly your choice. I don't care for it, whether it be monuments from the south or north, or whether they represent white or black folks. It's American history, like it or not.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Because I'm tired of you posting...
    Btw, I VERY rarely see you posting stories to discuss, you do have that option. You also have the option of moving along to another thread if my threads bother you so much.

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

And yet all the monuments that I have pointed out HAVE come down, and there IS talk all over about many more that folks want brought down.

It's not kool aid when the shit is happening around you. I've been watching the violence from the left with my own eyes, the monuments coming down and the demand of others. Some are being brought down in the middle of the night. If you want to sit in denial, or wonder why people don't want to see pieces of history being destroyed, that's certainly your choice. I don't care for it, whether it be monuments from the south or north, or whether they represent white or black folks. It's American history, like it or not.
    Monuments are not for recording history

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

MORE than close enough. Commemorating an event or person IS an example of preserving history.

And all of the busts in Canton - nothing to do with football history? All of the busts in the WH and around there, nothing to do with the history of our presidents and the WH?

This from Wiki:

A monument is a type of structure that was explicitly created to commemorate a person or event, or which has become important to a social group as a part of their remembrance of historic times or cultural heritage, or as an example of historic architecture. The term 'monument' is often applied to buildings or structures that are considered examples of important architectural and/or cultural heritage.

Dictionary:

obsolete : a burial vault : sepulchre
    : a written legal document or record : treatise
    a (1) : a lasting evidence, reminder, or example of someone or something notable or great (2) : a distinguished person
    b : a memorial stone or a building erected in remembrance of a person or event

10. Thanks michiganFats thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Are the Democrats in Georgia "bullshit"?

--

Abrams calls for removal of Confederate faces off Stone Mountain

Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams called for the removal of the giant carving that depicts three Confederate war leaders on the face of state-owned Stone Mountain, saying it “remains a blight on our state and should be removed.”

“We must never celebrate those who defended slavery and tried to destroy the union,” Abrams said in a series of tweets posted early Tuesday, a response to the deadly violence sparked by white supremacist groups in Charlottesville, Va.

Removing the faces of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson would take a monster of a sandblaster and require a change in state law. The Georgia code has a clear mandate for the memorial, saying it should be “preserved and protected for all time as a tribute to the bravery and heroism of the citizens of this state who suffered and died in their cause.”

Lawmakers and civil rights groups have called for the removal of Confederate symbols at the memorial for years. After the 2015 shooting deaths of nine black worshipers by a white supremacist in Charleston, several legislators pushed for a boycott until Rebel flags at the site come down.

Georgia leaders have embraced recent changes to distance the state from its Rebel history.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/08...tone-mountain/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Jim look up the definition for commemorate. Confederate heroes fighting to keep slavery should not be commemorated. Keep them in the books, take down the monuments.
    Last edited by pete311; 08-16-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Jim look up the definition for commemorate. Confederate heroes fighting to keep slavery should not be commemorated. Keep them in the books, take down the monuments.
    Disagree.

And what is next that someone may disagree with then, that should be removed? You do know that a TON are out there already starting with large slave owners - and that's why the talk of Jefferson and Washington got brought up. If you think it's only a few people, you aren't paying attention.

14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Disagree.

And what is next that someone may disagree with then, that should be removed? You do know that a TON are out there already starting with large slave owners - and that's why the talk of Jefferson and Washington got brought up. If you think it's only a few people, you aren't paying attention.
    In the end it's the cities right. Deal with it. Washington and Jefferson were important founders of the country. They should be commemorated for it. Confederate heroes only claim to fame was their take to arms over slavery. That is a massive difference.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

In the end it's the cities right. Deal with it. Washington and Jefferson were important founders of the country. They should be commemorated for it. Confederate heroes only claim to fame was their take to arms over slavery. That is a massive difference.
    And in the end it's the Countries right as to what Trump does. It's the will of the people. So deal with it.

And yet many see them as AMERICANS, and more than many of them fought for the south, and not slavery, including a lot of black folks. They should not be publicly purged.

And I agree about the difference - but that's not stopping many from going forward with their demands or wants.

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

the Washington Monument is not there to remind us of Washington........its there to keep very tall people from sitting on the
    Washingtom Mall......
    ...full immersion.....

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

They are dealing with it. Someone got killed.

21. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post