Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Is a second civil war brewing?

Or has it been brewing since the Obama years maybe?

Truth be told, I never gave this thought much credence when @Gunny brought it up. Now I'm starting to wonder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think Civil War is the wrong term for it, I call it insurrection. Coup might also work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    I think Civil War is the wrong term for it, I call it insurrection. Coup might also work.
    "Temper Tantrum" is the phrase that comes to mind.

What else would you call the actions of a small number of immature, whining crybabies who can never get their facts straight?
    "The social contract exists so that everyone doesn’t have to squat in the dust holding a spear to protect his woman and his meat all day every day. It does not exist so that the government can take your spear, your meat, and your woman because it knows better what to do with them." - Instapundit.com

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

What else would you call the actions of a small number of immature, whining crybabies who can never get their facts straight?

We might also call them

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
    "Temper Tantrum" is the phrase that comes to mind.

I think you're right when it comes to some of the people protesting, they're mad and they don't really know why in many cases and are having a tantrum. Facebook is full of these types of people. I think their movement as a whole though is well thought out and are pursuing specific goals so in the case of their leadership it's not a tantrum, it's insurrection now that antifa is regularly armed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

From Facebook: Are we the only country in history to start a second Civil War because we're offended by the first one? Merica.d

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    From Facebook: Are we the only country in history to start a second Civil War because we're offended by the first one? Merica.d
    Sometimes simplicity just has a way of reaching up and slapping you in the face.

I'd have to say though, it's only a small handful of mostly paid anarchists and professional rioters that are causing the vast majority of unrest. If George Soros died today and his money to these groups ended, 90% of all this insurrection and statue removal and vandalism would end. If they put all these removals up to a public referendum, I believe removing them wouldbe voted down in the majority of cases. This will all come around to bite the democrats in the ass next year at the ballot box. People will not forget this.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-25-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Black Diamond. If we really think about it. The only reason so many are still offended by the first one is...Today's, across the board, lack of education, irresponsibility, disrespect, and selfishness fueled by FREE STUFF, DRUGS, ALCOHOL, POT, and LAWLESSNESS that was approved, sanctioned, and pushed by the Clinton, and Obama administrations where they taught their followers that the CONSTITUTION was just an Old Rag they needed to TEAR UP if it offended those WHINERS.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Or has it been brewing since the Obama years maybe?

Truth be told, I never gave this thought much credence when @Gunny brought it up. Now I'm starting to wonder.
    lol trying to pin this on Obama. Shit has been going on since the beginning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    lol trying to pin this on Obama. Shit has been going on since the beginning.
    I asked a question, faggot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war over Confederate statute's staying up or being taken down?

Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war because someone sits down for the national anthem in complaint of poor treatment by police?

Show of hands, how many people willing to go to full ground war over men in woman's bathrooms?

Seems to me if those on the right to want to go to war over things It be for things like abortion and selling baby parts
    For sending troops into illegal useless wars, for the gov't spying on all of every U.S. citizens communications, Limiting free speech, gov't corruption etc etc

So what's the new "civil war" to be about EXACTLY?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war over Confederate statute's staying up or being taken down?

Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war because someone sits down for the national anthem in complaint of poor treatment by police?

Show of hands, how many people willing to go to full ground war over men in woman's bathrooms?

Seems to me if those on the right to want to go to war over things It be for things like abortion and selling baby parts
    For sending troops into illegal useless wars, for the gov't spying on all of every U.S. citizens communications, Limiting free speech, gov't corruption etc etc

Rev, you need to ask the libs this question. They are the ones who have been angry since Trump got elected. They are the ones who show their hate for this country by often violently protesting at very turn. They are the ones carrying signs calling our President a Nazi. They are the ones who promise rebellion and revolution.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Rev, you need to ask the libs this question. They are the ones who have been angry since Trump got elected. They are the ones who show their hate for this country by often violently protesting at very turn. They are the ones carrying signs calling our President a Nazi. They are the ones who promise rebellion and revolution.
    Gunny and Black Diamond ARE LIBERALS!!??!!
    they're the only ones here talking about civil war, Heck I KNOW I read some people on the right talking civil war if HILLARY won. do you remember that Abbey?

As far as Protesting goes that what Americans have a right to do. No matter what their crazy ideas.
    VIOLENCE, however, should be off the table at "protest" no matter which POV is promoting it.
    But it doesn't take a civil war to stop violent protest does it?

in general part of the problem seems to be that their seems to be little middle ground ... or at least little middle ground that people of all sides are willing to acknowledge and build from.

all sides idea of compromise seems to be my way or nothing. the left is COMPLETELY blind and getting stupider in their ideas of what's acceptable behavior and thoughts. And too many on Right are retreating into the arms of racism and selective blindness to real issues as a response.
    while many larger gov't and corporate corruptions go completely unadressed. people are incensed over Flags, Anthem's and Confederate statutes.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-17-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

When did I ever say abortion wouldn't contribute to a civil war ? Assuming we are talking north vs south, you do a survey the south will be far more against it than the north. And people are rabid on both sides of that issue. I can see killing over it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

I am. Those statues are our history. But it isn't "statues" I'll fight over. The statues are another excuse by the enemies of the Constitution you so always claim to revere to take away our Rights as free people. Our Right to think for ourselves and our Right to freely express ourselves. Our Right to not have a bunch of morons making laws and rules that are stupid, inhuman, hypocritical and unconstitutional.

You're always on your soapbox bitching about Constitutional Rights in your warped eyes, but you aren't willing to fight for them? Sheep. No, worse than a sheep. Sheep don't know any better.

And mostly I'd fight to the death for the Right for you and all the other jackasses that "know what's best for me" to leave me the fuck alone. I don't need you nor your goofy-ass government that is becoming harder and harder to distinguish from the progressive left/Dems/RINOs.

I've been willing to put myself in the line of fire for a cause before. You can't be first, but you CAN be next.

Ask me another question.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke