Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Default Is a second civil war brewing?

Or has it been brewing since the Obama years maybe?

Truth be told, I never gave this thought much credence when @Gunny brought it up. Now I'm starting to wonder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think Civil War is the wrong term for it, I call it insurrection. Coup might also work.

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post

Truth be told, I never gave this thought much credence when @Gunny brought it up. Now I'm starting to wonder.
    lol trying to pin this on Obama. Shit has been going on since the beginning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war over Confederate statute's staying up or being taken down?

Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war because someone sits down for the national anthem in complaint of poor treatment by police?

Show of hands, how many people willing to go to full ground war over men in woman's bathrooms?

Seems to me if those on the right to want to go to war over things It be for things like abortion and selling baby parts
    For sending troops into illegal useless wars, for the gov't spying on all of every U.S. citizens communications, Limiting free speech, gov't corruption etc etc

So what's the new "civil war" to be about EXACTLY?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    lol trying to pin this on Obama. Shit has been going on since the beginning.
    I asked a question, faggot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war over Confederate statute's staying up or being taken down?

Show of hands, how many are willing to go to war because someone sits down for the national anthem in complaint of poor treatment by police?

Show of hands, how many people willing to go to full ground war over men in woman's bathrooms?

Seems to me if those on the right to want to go to war over things It be for things like abortion and selling baby parts
    For sending troops into illegal useless wars, for the gov't spying on all of every U.S. citizens communications, Limiting free speech, gov't corruption etc etc

Rev, you need to ask the libs this question. They are the ones who have been angry since Trump got elected. They are the ones who show their hate for this country by often violently protesting at very turn. They are the ones carrying signs calling our President a Nazi. They are the ones who promise rebellion and revolution.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post

It's never really ended. The demographics may be a bit different that North v South, but the underlying reasons remain unchanged, currently represented by Progressive/Leftist fascists as the North and Conservatives and their coattail riders the Neocons who will sell out before they'll fight. Prize is the same: Power and control of the government leading to control of all resources.

The left is winning the war of the words through the MSM just as the North's propaganda waged a relentless war on the American psyche for decades prior to the actual war. In the end, those that valued their freedom and their way of life saw no other choice but to rebel and fight. Sound familiar?

The US Revolution was fought why? Wealthy colonialists didn't want to pay their taxes. They wanted their own rules. Barely, they won. First thing they did was tax whiskey. At least it wasn't imported British tea .

The South rebelled against the North for similar reasons. The North demanded high import/export tariffs to force the South to feed their mills instead of the much more lucrative European market. Whoever controlled Congress controlled the tariff laws. North and South was evenly split into slave and free states which kept Congress equally represented by both sides. "Slavery" was just the buzzword of the day. It was an economic means of breaking the South.

Same goes now. The Progressive left uses every dishonest trick in the book and has created these false moral high grounds as a means of alienating the Right, even from itself, and gaining control to implement their fascist agenda. Right now, they've been working with all diligence to erase independent thought and identity. Southern statues/monuments are just part of the end game.

In the end, there are those that are going to say "f*ck this" and fight the idiots.

Looks like a do-over from those who would rather destroy history than learn from it.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

When did I ever say abortion wouldn't contribute to a civil war ? Assuming we are talking north vs south, you do a survey the south will be far more against it than the north. And people are rabid on both sides of that issue. I can see killing over it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Rev, you need to ask the libs this question. They are the ones who have been angry since Trump got elected. They are the ones who show their hate for this country by often violently protesting at very turn. They are the ones carrying signs calling our President a Nazi. They are the ones who promise rebellion and revolution.
    Gunny and Black Diamond ARE LIBERALS!!??!!
    they're the only ones here talking about civil war, Heck I KNOW I read some people on the right talking civil war if HILLARY won. do you remember that Abbey?

As far as Protesting goes that what Americans have a right to do. No matter what their crazy ideas.
    VIOLENCE, however, should be off the table at "protest" no matter which POV is promoting it.
    But it doesn't take a civil war to stop violent protest does it?

in general part of the problem seems to be that their seems to be little middle ground ... or at least little middle ground that people of all sides are willing to acknowledge and build from.

all sides idea of compromise seems to be my way or nothing. the left is COMPLETELY blind and getting stupider in their ideas of what's acceptable behavior and thoughts. And too many on Right are retreating into the arms of racism and selective blindness to real issues as a response.
    while many larger gov't and corporate corruptions go completely unadressed. people are incensed over Flags, Anthem's and Confederate statutes.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-17-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I am. Those statues are our history. But it isn't "statues" I'll fight over. The statues are another excuse by the enemies of the Constitution you so always claim to revere to take away our Rights as free people. Our Right to think for ourselves and our Right to freely express ourselves. Our Right to not have a bunch of morons making laws and rules that are stupid, inhuman, hypocritical and unconstitutional.

You're always on your soapbox bitching about Constitutional Rights in your warped eyes, but you aren't willing to fight for them? Sheep. No, worse than a sheep. Sheep don't know any better.

And mostly I'd fight to the death for the Right for you and all the other jackasses that "know what's best for me" to leave me the fuck alone. I don't need you nor your goofy-ass government that is becoming harder and harder to distinguish from the progressive left/Dems/RINOs.

I've been willing to put myself in the line of fire for a cause before. You can't be first, but you CAN be next.

Ask me another question.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

13. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

rev. Sounds like you approve of RE-WRITING History to me. We can't have another civil war. That would mean...the next generation of SNOWFLAKES, LIBERAL CRYBABIES, DUMMIES, HATERS would have more statues to TAKE DOWN because they are INSULTED BY BEING REMINDED OF THEIR HATRED.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

15. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

I've been fighting my entire life it seems. Would I fight the assclowns now trying to destroy us, this nation--

YOU DAMN STRAGHT I WOULD AND THEY WOULDNT LIKE HOW I'D DO IT EITHER!

I'd fight for my family AND FOR MY PRINCIPLES AND HEAVEN HELP ANYBODY THAT GOT IT MY WAY WHILE I WAS ON A RAMPAGE..
    DA TRUUF ==== NUFF SAID--I DONT LIE......

I HAVE FOUGHT ALL MY LIFE FOR FOLKS TO LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE..
    Gunny knows what that means, Southern men want --------to just leave them the hell alone..

A fact..... -Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 08-17-2017 at 03:02 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

17. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Ever heard the old saying, "the straw that broke the camels back?"

Each incident by itself might not be worth starting a second civil war over, but put them all together and they are. You can only push someone so far before they're ready to knock your teeth out. I think people are right on the edge. I think most decent Americans are fed up to their gills. This democrat propaganda machine and it's 24/7 hysterical lying and trashing of our duly elected president is wearing most people thin.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-17-2017 at 03:21 PM.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Rev....EXACTLY...you ask?

To be honest with you. I believe people like you would love to see another civil war in the United States. Your hatred of nearly EVERYONE who doesn't agree with you, could be your only reason to do so.

Call me racist if you want. I've been called worse, and it only makes me search for more TRUTH to disprove the hatred, ignorance, and stupidity of our society today that is FAILING in intelligence, wisdom, common sense, and Honesty.

Hypocrisy leads the way. So, I will happily await your response to my words, and to see how you TRY to prove me wrong.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

21. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Ever heard the old saying, "the straw that broke the camels back?"

Each incident by itself might not be worth starting a second civil war over, but put them all together and they are. You can only push someone so far before they're ready to knock your teeth out. I think people are right on the edge. I think most decent Americans are fed up to their gills. This democrat propaganda machine and it's 24/7 hysterical lying and trashing of our duly elected president is wearing most people thin.

O yes sir, I have heard the saying "the straw that broke the camels back", I've mentioned before in regards to police harrassing and killing innocent people (of all races) and why "all of sudden" blacks and others began protesting after seemingly legit incidents. It wasn't Obama and it wasn't Freddy Gray or whoever... It was the build-up of decades of tension and abuse that final broke.
    As the declaration of independence says "After a long train of abuses...."
    But most folks are protesting peacefully and sitting down at ball games NOT threatening a civil war even though there are actual DEAD innocent people on boths side already.

BUt hey BD I have to ask, are the folks on the right "snowflakes" and to thin skinned to take verbal abuse from the left? I mean the right has the White House and the Congress, so what are folks whining about that the media isn't nice? Did you expect the media to treat Trump FAIRLY? c'mon i know you didn't.

But we have to be honest too BD, Trump has stuck his foot in it more than once.

And i'd agree that a lot of the left has left nearly all reason. Even some on the left can't take how far into stupid it's gone.
    rather than assume the worse and the most extreme of them all represents the whole and talk about WAR, why not, find those with at least LESS crazy and start to move the ball back.... peacefully.
    If Trump could keep his head and not take everything so personal and run off at the mouth so much. If he had good sense and could stay on PROJECT, he'd probably get more done...DESPITE the left's fit's.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-17-2017 at 05:20 PM.