Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default This Is Why Trump Is Failing

he is an 'outsider', not a politician. He hasn't a clue how to get ideas through to legislation and seemingly gets irritated at the process. Unfortunately there is a Constitutional process and it's written to be very time consuming and burdensome. When interest is lost, nothing gets accomplished.

Yes, the link is Politico, but the contents are worth reading:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-agenda-241755

It's long, I don't know who, if anyone will bother to read, but it's past time to stop whining about how he gets so much criticism.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

So much for the business man in the white house experiment. Could still be an interesting idea, just a shame it had to be a crook like Trump.
    Last edited by pete311; 08-18-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Funny Liberals, Democrats, Progressives...suffering from TDS.

TDS...Trump Derangement Syndrome .

The only people who insist Trump is failing are those who put their hatred of Trump, ahead of the entire nation.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Interesting article

Bannon's Exit Leaves Trump Untethered
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...thered/537354/

With Bannon gone, Trump no longer has much connection to either the GOP establishment—he only recently became a Republican, and has little adherence to its traditional platform—or to the upstart faction that drove his win. Since his implicit endorsement of some white nationalism on Tuesday, he has taken criticism from Republicans unequalled since the October release of a video in which he bragged about sexually assaulting women. The Bannon firing is unlikely to sit well with Breitbart, and Joel Pollak, an editor there, tweeted “#WAR” in response. Bannon himself, with a sharp tongue and being media savvy, could also make for an unpleasant enemy on the outside.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It wasn't that long. A recurring theme in that article is the GOP complaining about instability in the administration specifically where legislative goals are concerned.

The President is not part of the legislative branch and the failure of Ryan and McConnell to gain the support they need to achieve goals highlights their incompetence, not Trump. It's Trump's fault that not all GOP Senators respect McConnell? As far as I know Trump hasn't vetoed anything, Congress needs to get him some important legislation to sign into law and if they don't that's their failure, not Trump's, unless their true purpose is to oppose Trump.

The investigation circus being aimed at Trump right now could not be happening without the support and blessing of the GOP yet they complain about that circus.

6. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    It wasn't that long. A recurring theme in that article is the GOP complaining about instability in the administration specifically where legislative goals are concerned.

The President is not part of the legislative branch and the failure of Ryan and McConnell to gain the support they need to achieve goals highlights their incompetence, not Trump. It's Trump's fault that not all GOP Senators respect McConnell? As far as I know Trump hasn't vetoed anything, Congress needs to get him some important legislation to sign into law and if they don't that's their failure, not Trump's, unless their true purpose is to oppose Trump.

The investigation circus being aimed at Trump right now could not be happening without the support and blessing of the GOP yet they complain about that circus.
    They need to work together, they are not the weakest link. His looking to 'primary' those that disagree with him says all that needs saying.

Seriously the snowflake defense. I'm so pissed that my guy won and no one will get in goose step as he promised!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Who do you replace Ryan and McConnell with that would make the needed difference?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Interesting article

Bannon's Exit Leaves Trump Untethered
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...thered/537354/
    More of petey's Wishful, Hatred, Thinking! Poor petey is so miserable. He comes here, trying to make everybody else just as miserable...but, laughing at him ruins his plans
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    They need to work together, they are not the weakest link. His looking to 'primary' those that disagree with him says all that needs saying.

Seriously the snowflake defense. I'm so pissed that my guy won and no one will get in goose step as he promised!
    That does say a lot but I think we disagree on what exactly it says.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Who do you replace Ryan and McConnell with that would make the needed difference?
    It won't matter, but that's not Trump's fault. The GOP doesn't want to work with him and they don't have to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

It won't matter, but that's not Trump's fault. The GOP doesn't want to work with him and they don't have to.
    The voters will decide that next year. So far the GOP seems to think their base agrees with what they are doing. Enough to be re-elected that is.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The voters will decide that next year. So far the GOP seems to think their base agrees with what they are doing. Enough to be re-elected that is.
    Why you think this is relevant I do not know.

Let me short-bus this for you. The Republicans in the Politico article are blaming Trump for a set of circumstances they themselves wanted to see happen and did make happen.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

It's enough that trump will never be impeached.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

That does say a lot but I think we disagree on what exactly it says.
    We do. The problem is if you want to have someone's 'support' you've got to realize that even if they don't always agree with you, you got to have their back.

Flake for instance, has voted Trump's way nearly 100%. What he won't due is join the cult of Trump. He sees the man as fundamentally flawed, he's not alone. So was Clinton and so was Nixon.

Related: http://www.weeklystandard.com/trump-...rticle/2009350

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Why you think this is relevant I do not know.

Let me short-bus this for you. The Republicans in the Politico article are blaming Trump for a set of circumstances they themselves wanted to see happen and did make happen.
    Let me short bus this for you. It's then the will of the voters. Repubs won't do anything to sour they're own base. The voters are turning against Trump.