Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default I Tried To Watch The Packer Game...

Really, I did. I made to half time and then as usual, when commercials come on, so does MUTE. But I realized that the TV had been on mute more than off. I look up, the game is on, onen play, maybe two, commercials, TV back on mute, I'm online with my laptop in my lap of course, but still, I finally just turned the channel. Is it just me, or are there like double the amount of commercials this year? I can tell you one thing right now, I probably won't watch much, because if there's one thing on TV that I truly despise, it's COMMERCIALS. I record most everything I want to watch simply so I can FF through all the intelligence insultingly asinine commercials.

2. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Really, I did. I made to half time and then as usual, when commercials come on, so does MUTE. But I realized that the TV had been on mute more than off. I look up, the game is on, onen play, maybe two, commercials, TV back on mute, I'm online with my laptop in my lap of course, but still, I finally just turned the channel. Is it just me, or are there like double the amount of commercials this year? I can tell you one thing right now, I probably won't watch much, because if there's one thing on TV that I truly despise, it's COMMERCIALS. I record most everything I want to watch simply so I can FF through all the intelligence insultingly asinine commercials.
    It's not you. This afternoon, my wife and I were watching "LIVE-PD" on cable. After about the first 15 minutes. We both had time to make bathroom calls, and probably eat a meal. Second time...I counted 12 commercials, and it took a full 4 minutes.

The networks are hurting for bucks. So they have to advertise us into oblivion just to stay on the air. MONEY runs everything.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I Tried To Watch The Packer Game...

That was your first mistake right there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    I Tried To Watch The Packer Game...

That was your first mistake right there.
    Welllllll only because of the commercials. Far as the Packers go, I live in WI and I've been backing them my entire life, and they've kicked ass both of their preseason games so far. They're the only team in the NFL that's owned by it's fans.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-20-2017 at 07:21 AM.

7. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I can't do this when the Steelers are playing, but...

Try putting something to record on DVR if you have it. Wait until the game is like an hour into it, then start watching, and then you can FF through the commercials at least!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I can't do this when the Steelers are playing, but...

Try putting something to record on DVR if you have it. Wait until the game is like an hour into it, then start watching, and then you can FF through the commercials at least!
    True, true... I do use that trick.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Kodi. I love it.