Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    No, you are wrong. Yes, there is blame to go around. But Darin's point is that we purposely hide the fact that Africans sold their own people to us as slaves. The US is simply not solely to blame. (Should only the guy who hires a prostitute be in trouble? What about "seller" of the illegal service, the prostitute?).

Given that fact, shouldn't African Americans and other liberals be a little less condemning of the US? And/or protest a few African embassies?
    How is the African responsibility hidden?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Don't go anywhere near a football game, ever. No one will be able to convert an extra point with you around.

3. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

You really fit in nice here. Carbon copy of the other assholes.
    ------------------------
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-21-2017 at 11:14 AM.

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

My god. Not only did you not read the link, you didn't even read Darin's quotes from the article. Or you can't understand what you've read.

If I were your English teacher, I'd fail you.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I have to say this is largely a strawman.

Tyr and another here have said they were taught about the african side of the Slave trade back in the stone age when they were in school.
    I was as well back in the 70s and 80s, as the article mentioned It's been in documentaries on even the LEFTIST PBS and discovery and the history channel. Even the old MiniSeries ROOTS portrayed it. the leaders and historians of various African nations openly talk about it.
    It's not Hidden. most blacks are WELL AWARE of it, we have Africans in our nieghborhoods and families and it's part the history we ARE well aware of. ALL the players in the slave trade. As one might imagine the history of slavery is not a topic that most Black American homes SHY away from.

iF any group's unware it's because they don't even ever want to talk about it.
    or only want to talk about it to make excuses for it.
    more than once I've heard people say things like CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON and stop talking about SLAVERY... it's OVER.
    (please notice who brought it up here)

if the Article wants to straiten out few recent shabby Middle-College textbooks then GREAT. GO FOR IT. Bad History is Bad history. it needs to be called out.
    But please let's not try to make it into a HIDDEN HISTORY, it's well KNOWN any in most hisotry books and in media and easily accesable to anyone.

the reason for bringing it it seems to be to make sure the BLAME is SPREAD around. So "white people in America" don't bear all the blame or gulit. But um, No one said you did. OK relax.
    And look as AT said here, NO ONE here owned slaves right?
    As Jim once replied to me about the clearly UNEQUAL sentencing of blacks, something to the effect... Well the BLACKS DID the CRIME so they should STILL GO to JAIL. even if others get away are never charged or even investigated.

look Do we really want to talk about acknowledging all the dark areas of history? GREAT.
    Do we want to talk about the little talked about (not hidden)history of some Whites in the early 1900s rioting and killing whole black areas of towns, of running black families off of their property and taking it from them and now NOT wanting to acknowledge murders thefts. Here in AMERICA.
    Do we want to talk about how the prison systems after slavery had many black men jailed for no reason and forced into slave labor, and that how the number of prisoners today working for various farms and corporations as forced labor is more than any country in the world. or placing in the history books EACH ONE of the last 300+ years of U.S. treaties with Native Americans that are to this day are being broken. And the current oppressive Federal control of what's supposed to be FREE native American territories.
    Or historically all of the various native American massacres. And the "hidden" history of Columbus and his serial mass rapes, murders, slavery and thefts and practical genocide of some island people.

seems like when those issues are brought up many on the right get upset and go into HEATED denial of history mode.
    And start talking about how Liberals hate America and the like rather that ACKNOWLEDGING the HISTORY.
    ACKNOWLEDGING as the leaders and people of the African nations have and are doing.

sadly somehow I suspect few will be able to reply to this post without denials, attack on me and riffs on "the left".
    somehow I suspect few if any will talk about how those things need to be in history books as well.
    somehow I suspect some will talk about "DA MAN" though all i've talked about is HISTORICAL FACTS and current events.
    Last edited by revelarts; 08-21-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Have England and France ever been blamed for their demand for cotton?

10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Southern cotton 1860= Saudi oil 2005

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

You really fit in nice here. Carbon copy of the other assholes.
    Assssssssssssssssssssssholes???????

By that you mean, we that see your insane liberal ideology for the damn arrogant insanity that it is???

That word would definitely apply to the A-HOLE THAT FIRST PRESENTED IT, IMHO.-TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

14. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Assssssssssssssssssssssholes???????

By that you mean, we that see your insane liberal ideology for the damn arrogant insanity that it is???

That word would definitely apply to the A-HOLE THAT FIRST PRESENTED IT, IMHO.-TYR
    He is PMSing again.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I have to say this is largely a strawman.
    Blah blah blah, bunch of off-topic bullshit; victimization, lies, and other fake-facts

Dude...obtuse much?