Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default American History Textbooks Lies: Everything Your Teacher Got Wrong- Myths, Educatio

for those interested in "history" here's a very good interview to check out.

American History Textbooks' Lies: Everything Your Teacher Got Wrong - Myths, Education (1995)

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    for those interested in "history" here's a very good interview to check out.

American History Textbooks' Lies: Everything Your Teacher Got Wrong - Myths, Education (1995)

I read a book, don't know if that's what it's based upon, years ago. Some if factual, some is as misleading as the Cherry Tree story.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I read a book, don't know if that's what it's based upon, years ago. Some if factual, some is as misleading as the Cherry Tree story.
    Don't know. The factual history I was taught was separate which was taught as folklore. The difference IMO now is how it is accepted in a society where everything that was good is bad, and everything bad is now good.

Harmless tales told children as parables or just cutesy-pie stories now have to have someone come along and piss on them and boldly proclaimed untrue. Who cares if there was no Paul Bunyon and he didn't have a Blue Ox? They were just stories. The "Wah" brigade leaves no stone unturned to ruin someone's day.

Factual history depends on the source(s) and how many. Rewriting factual history IMO is a sin.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Don't know. The factual history I was taught was separate which was taught as folklore. The difference IMO now is how it is accepted in a society where everything that was good is bad, and everything bad is now good.

Harmless tales told children as parables or just cutesy-pie stories now have to have someone come along and piss on them and boldly proclaimed untrue. Who cares if there was no Paul Bunyon and he didn't have a Blue Ox? They were just stories. The "Wah" brigade leaves no stone unturned to ruin someone's day.

Factual history depends on the source(s) and how many. Rewriting factual history IMO is a sin.
    Thanks. I too know what history is and isn't. The title implies it's for adults, not children. Won't get 'wah' from me on using folklore or parables.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks revelarts thanked this post