Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I don't see America standing for that. We will just do nothing after this raghead killed 3000 people ?
    We would have bombed the living shit of them for sure but putting men in Afghanistan? Probably not. We're not stupid. Policy makers knew that to beat the Taliban you have to control Pakistan, not Afghanistan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    I don't think we ever would have gone had the Taliban not burned poppy fields.
    Interesting theory. I just don't see it. Not the way you do. Bush was a do-gooder and wanted revenge. He had the scared out of their wits sheeple on the left crying for him to do something. I doubt the reality of who or what is the real power over there is.

I DO think that once the reality of the situation sunk in, some reevaluation was in order. For the so-called "greatest power on Earth" we sure do manage to back some real losers for all the wrong reasons. Is the chicanery under the surface? You bet. Some people worship the almighty dollar FIRST.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Doesn't sound much like a 'surge.' Seems according to Tillerson they'll consider a draw a win of sorts.

Either go big or leave, the goal in staying should be to drive the Taliban to extinction.
    Outside of Kabul it's all tribal. These tribes are basically Taliban. Is the goal to wipe out half the population?
    Last edited by pete311; 08-24-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Outside of Kabul it's all tribal. These tribes are basically Taliban. Is the goal to wipe out half the population?
    Sounds good.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Sounds good.
    And that is why you're a maniac. First village, men, women and children should be yours to execute first.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

After sixteen years of fighting in Afghanistan, and trillions of dollars, thousands of American lives, and wounded. NONE OF US are qualified to say what the goal is unless YOU have worn the uniform, and been in command of the fighting forces against the enemy....which, up until January 20th, had no IDENTIFICATION, or NAME.
    Today, we have a CIC, with high level, experienced FLAG OFFICERS from each military branch, seeing a difference in the FORMER APPEASEMENT, and ANNOUNCEMENTS of when, where, how, and why America would act from the last administration.

Our president WILL NOT TELL ANYONE, unlike the advertisements of OBAMA, what we will be doing to WARN the enemy, and allow them to PREPARE for whatever may be coming from THE US MILITARY.

As citizens. STOP ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS, and go back to SUPPORTING whatever our Military, and their families....will be doing while ALL OF US..enjoy our freedoms.
    IT'S NOT FOR ALL OF US AS CIVILIANS....TO BE TOTALLY INFORMED ABOUT SECRET INFORMATION.
    Last edited by aboutime; 08-24-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

And that is why you're a maniac. First village, men, women and children should be yours to execute first.

YOU asked a question. You got an answer. It is the correct answer and isn't the reason Black Diamond is a maniac.

It would solve the problem.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey. Tell us? How much experience do you have in the military, and how many times have you been to Afghanistan to fight with our military?

Tell us all the truth. Because you are reading information, does not mean you KNOW what you are talking about.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

How is slaughtering them rebuilding anything? War of annihilation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If it's a village full of TALIBAN men, women and children, then they're all terrorists and they all kill the same.

Kill 'em all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Where did you get this from?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    After sixteen years of fighting in Afghanistan, and trillions of dollars, thousands of American lives, and wounded. NONE OF US are qualified to say what the goal is unless YOU have worn the uniform, and been in command of the fighting forces against the enemy....which, up until January 20th, had no IDENTIFICATION, or NAME.
    Today, we have a CIC, with high level, experienced FLAG OFFICERS from each military branch, seeing a difference in the FORMER APPEASEMENT, and ANNOUNCEMENTS of when, where, how, and why America would act from the last administration.

Our president WILL NOT TELL ANYONE, unlike the advertisements of OBAMA, what we will be doing to WARN the enemy, and allow them to PREPARE for whatever may be coming from THE US MILITARY.

As citizens. STOP ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS, and go back to SUPPORTING whatever our Military, and their families....will be doing while ALL OF US..enjoy our freedoms.
    IT'S NOT FOR ALL OF US AS CIVILIANS....TO BE TOTALLY INFORMED ABOUT SECRET INFORMATION.
    I think you're giving our government far too much credit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Interesting theory. I just don't see it. Not the way you do. Bush was a do-gooder and wanted revenge. He had the scared out of their wits sheeple on the left crying for him to do something. I doubt the reality of who or what is the real power over there is.

I DO think that once the reality of the situation sunk in, some reevaluation was in order. For the so-called "greatest power on Earth" we sure do manage to back some real losers for all the wrong reasons. Is the chicanery under the surface? You bet. Some people worship the almighty dollar FIRST.
    I used to think the way you do but not anymore. Before we attacked Afghanistan there was talk of al-Queda and bin Laden but there was also a lot of talk about the Taliban. The Taliban didn't attack us, al-queda did. Yes, there were training camps in Afghanistan but AQ was also active in Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan and they received funding from some people in Saudi Arabia. We didn't bomb Riyadh or Islamabad or Karachi. We attacked Afghanistan and I think it's because of the poppy fields. I didn't used to believe the stories about the CIA dealing drugs and selling crack but I do now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    I used to think the way you do but not anymore. Before we attacked Afghanistan there was talk of al-Queda and bin Laden but there was also a lot of talk about the Taliban. The Taliban didn't attack us, al-queda did. Yes, there were training camps in Afghanistan but AQ was also active in Sudan, Somalia, Pakistan and they received funding from some people in Saudi Arabia. We didn't bomb Riyadh or Islamabad or Karachi. We attacked Afghanistan and I think it's because of the poppy fields. I didn't used to believe the stories about the CIA dealing drugs and selling crack but I do now.
    I *can't* tell you some stories about the CIA. However ...

The Taliban was the Government of Afghanistan. BIG difference between that and just being in some places. Intel knew they were harboring bin Laden. Mostly because THEY said so and refused to give him up. Bin Laden was a war criminal and head of a terrorist organization. We used that as justification.

Everyone and his brother knew Afghanistan was the worlds largest exporter of heroin since the 70s. Unless you lived in a cave. I'm still not making the correlation to that and "Vengeance is Mine, sayeth Bush". The Taliban was not Bush's initial target -- bin Laden was.

As far as the spooks and their little bags of tricks goes, I'm sure if there's a piece of a dirty pie they can get their hands on, they're Johnny on the spot, and REAL quick to use US military personnel as "Secret Mission from God, Your country needs you 'volunteer' "assets".

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I *can't* tell you some stories about the CIA. However ...

The Taliban was the Government of Afghanistan. BIG difference between that and just being in some places. Intel knew they were harboring bin Laden. Mostly because THEY said so and refused to give him up. Bin Laden was a war criminal and head of a terrorist organization. We used that as justification.

Everyone and his brother knew Afghanistan was the worlds largest exporter of heroin since the 70s. Unless you lived in a cave. I'm still not making the correlation to that and "Vengeance is Mine, sayeth Bush". The Taliban was not Bush's initial target -- bin Laden was.

As far as the spooks and their little bags of tricks goes, I'm sure if there's a piece of a dirty pie they can get their hands on, they're Johnny on the spot, and REAL quick to use US military personnel as "Secret Mission from God, Your country needs you 'volunteer' "assets".
    Afghanistan was a large exporter of heroin, until the Taliban burned 90% of the poppy fields, we stopped that from happening and now they're back on top again. We have hindsight to work with now. I don't believe bin Laden was as big a target as we were told. He fled Tora Bora and was killed a few years later in Abbottabad, there's no proof he was ever anywhere other than Pakistan but that's a long time for public enemy Number One to stay alive. Same thing with the Taliban, we drove them out of Afghanistan and into Pakistan where they were protected by the ISI. We knew the ISI was running them but the only thing we did was drive them away from Afghanistan and into a safe haven. Today the Taliban is back in Afghanistan but they they don't control the "agricultural" areas so we let them stay but, call me a cynic, I'm sure if the area they controlled was "agricultural" and they were burning the fields again we would not tolerate their presence there.

I know that not a lot of people agree with me and many don't want to but we've been there now for sixteen years and the only constant goal we've had throughout that time is to protect the poppy fields except we call it Winning Hearts And Minds, not Organized Crime, and it is the only thing we've consistently done effectively. I think sometimes it's time to look at something and admit that it is exactly what it appears to be.

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post