Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Official Mayweather McGregor predictions

So who is even watching? Interested? Going as far as purchasing the PPV event?

Mayweather has been boxing his whole life and is called a defensive genius. He is 12 time champ and has a 49-0 fighting record.

Conor McGregor has been fighting is whole life, but ended up eventually going the MMA route and then to the UFC. He fights jiu-jitsu. was also a champ in 2 classes in his former league. His record is 24-3 - but has never boxed before - but in the MMA he KO's many while standing because he's got awesome standing/punching skills.

Mayweather is a HUGE favorite for the fight, obviously. I still think McGregor makes a bit of a fight of it though. I'm not sure Mayweather can KO him, as Conor is a tough SOB. But I don't think Conor can do anything either, and Mayweather outpoints him easily.

I 'think' if we do so any type of KO it will be Conor getting lucky. Or maybe a TKO of some sort because Conor gets flustered and then kicks Floyd in his face!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Sucker punch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I won't be watching it. I'll wait to hear the news like I always do. Wish I could watch it. Conor needs to SHUT Mayweather's Pie Hole. I'm tired of listening to both of them...MAKING MONEY, and pulling the wool over everybody's eyes.

I think it has been pre-planned already for the RE-MATCH, where they will both make MILLIONS MORE, while they laugh at how foolish all of the Betting crowd has become.

I'll say...CONOR...KO's May weather with a KICK, or one PUNCH.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

5. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

Mayweather has been boxing his whole life and is called a defensive genius. He is 12 time champ and has a 49-0 fighting record.

Conor McGregor has been fighting is whole life, but ended up eventually going the MMA route and then to the UFC. He fights jiu-jitsu. was also a champ in 2 classes in his former league. His record is 24-3 - but has never boxed before - but in the MMA he KO's many while standing because he's got awesome standing/punching skills.

Mayweather is a HUGE favorite for the fight, obviously. I still think McGregor makes a bit of a fight of it though. I'm not sure Mayweather can KO him, as Conor is a tough SOB. But I don't think Conor can do anything either, and Mayweather outpoints him easily.

I 'think' if we do so any type of KO it will be Conor getting lucky. Or maybe a TKO of some sort because Conor gets flustered and then kicks Floyd in his face!
    If it's a boxing match and McGregor can't box, he's just a target. Since he does MMA, I assume he can box some. The sporting verson of jiu-jitso is ju-do, and a grappling art.

I'd let Mayweather kick my ass for that payday. He can always then saw it was a boxing match so he can keep his street creds.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I won't be watching it. I'll wait to hear the news like I always do. Wish I could watch it. Conor needs to SHUT Mayweather's Pie Hole. I'm tired of listening to both of them...MAKING MONEY, and pulling the wool over everybody's eyes.

I think it has been pre-planned already for the RE-MATCH, where they will both make MILLIONS MORE, while they laugh at how foolish all of the Betting crowd has become.

I'll say...CONOR...KO's May weather with a KICK, or one PUNCH.
    If Conor uses ANY mma moves - the fight is over and he's instantly DQ'd, and will lose a LOT of his money, and up to losing it ALL depending on what he does. He had better NOT do anything but box! LOL
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    If it's a boxing match and McGregor can't box, he's just a target. Since he does MMA, I assume he can box some. The sporting verson of jiu-jitso is ju-do, and a grappling art.

I'd let Mayweather kick my ass for that payday. He can always then saw it was a boxing match so he can keep his street creds.
    McGregor is damn good at standup boxing, but he's never been in a boxing ring!!!

But I understand he has a chance to make approximately $100 million - win or lose!

11. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

If Conor uses ANY mma moves - the fight is over and he's instantly DQ'd, and will lose a LOT of his money, and up to losing it ALL depending on what he does. He had better NOT do anything but box! LOL

JIM. Honestly. I wasn't aware of that. I haven't really paid any attention to what rules they would be using. All I've heard, a few times, was a discussion about the Gloves.

I think I'll stick with Conor anyway. I just can't stand Mayweather's big mouth.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

It's NOT hard to slip up. Something as simple as going from a match where you can kick to the legs and one where you can't. Or throwing a backfist instead of a jab. That will up McGregor's stress level for sure. Only takes one second to slip, especially if you get in trouble.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It's NOT hard to slip up. Something as simple as going from a match where you can kick to the legs and one where you can't. Or throwing a backfist instead of a jab. That will up McGregor's stress level for sure. Only takes one second to slip, especially if you get in trouble.
    Agreed. He brought in a world class boxing referee, and went overboard in training to ensure he did everything even possible to prepare to enter the ring, and know 100% of the rules, and understand all the limitations.

But agreed, a quick elbow, quick kick to the calf, or the worst would be a head kick. But I think he knows that the title is on the line - aka $$$.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Agreed. He brought in a world class boxing referee, and went overboard in training to ensure he did everything even possible to prepare to enter the ring, and know 100% of the rules, and understand all the limitations.

But agreed, a quick elbow, quick kick to the calf, or the worst would be a head kick. But I think he knows that the title is on the line - aka $$$.
    Head kick won't happen. That's a strike that takes some thought. Elbow or backfist, or if he is going down, kicking out at Mayweather's legs as he does. Those are more typical knee-jerk responses.

I am however, less invested in the fight than AT. I don't even care who wins. This is a show. I'm surprised the WWE isn't running it. If they go out and actually fight, I don't think it will last long unless McGregor can take a better than good beating. McGregor's all mouth, but he's like a pro wrestler. He's putting on a show because it works. I doubt he's as big a jerk in real life as he portrays himself.

Mayweather seems more to me like a Larry Holmes. Good in his own right but no real competition.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I hear Vegas is in an uproar about it because if McGregor wins, they won't be able to cover bets.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My prediction is a rematch. The only reason this fight is happening is money and what pays better than one fight? Two fights. To justify a rematch Mayweather will have to suffer an injury; he can claim he hurt his hand because of the lighter gloves or maybe he gets an "accidental" headbutt from McGregor when the referee "isn't looking" and a cut opens that hampers his vision but with out a Mayweather injury no one will believe McGregor kept the fight close enough to justify a rematch.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    My prediction is a rematch. The only reason this fight is happening is money and what pays better than one fight? Two fights. To justify a rematch Mayweather will have to suffer an injury; he can claim he hurt his hand because of the lighter gloves or maybe he gets an "accidental" headbutt from McGregor when the referee "isn't looking" and a cut opens that hampers his vision but with out a Mayweather injury no one will believe McGregor kept the fight close enough to justify a rematch.
    This I have been hearing a lot! But here's why I disagree with everyone:

If Mayweather wins: folks will say that Conor is not a boxer and never should have been near a ring. They will never order a PPV of them 2 again and will then know it's solely about money. I'm also not sure Floyd would want yet another with the dough that man has, he doesn't NEED to fight anymore, and he'll then own the best record of all time at 50-0.

If Conor wins: I don't see this happening, as Floyd loses his shot at immortality. But if the miracle happens, then there's a slight possibility of a rematch. And even then, only happens if its like a KO and the peeps believe it. If it's a boring fight and he outpoints him, I think people see it as a money grab and the 2nd has little interest in comparison and will look like a scam.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This I have been hearing a lot! But here's why I disagree with everyone:

If Mayweather wins: folks will say that Conor is not a boxer and never should have been near a ring. They will never order a PPV of them 2 again and will then know it's solely about money. I'm also not sure Floyd would want yet another with the dough that man has, he doesn't NEED to fight anymore, and he'll then own the best record of all time at 50-0.

If Conor wins: I don't see this happening, as Floyd loses his shot at immortality. But if the miracle happens, then there's a slight possibility of a rematch. And even then, only happens if its like a KO and the peeps believe it. If it's a boring fight and he outpoints him, I think people see it as a money grab and the 2nd has little interest in comparison and will look like a scam.
    I just heard an interview with Jackie Kallen and she said the same thing you did; Mayweather already has hundreds of millions of dollars and once he gets #50 he won't risk fighting anymore.

20. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't care who's the better fighter......Mayweather is a local guy and I hope he wins......I remember seeing him on the local news when he was still in the Golden Gloves.....
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 08-26-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    ...full immersion.....

22. Likes jimnyc liked this post