Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba
    "Predict" that winter will be cold? Yeah, we really need someone to do that for us.

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    One of the coldest- your heros' models never predicted that.

Which winter are you talking about? Because last year's was the 14th warmest on record since 1881, according to surface temperature measurements. I constructed the following rankings using the data set available here: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata/GLB.Ts.txt

1 2007
    2 2005
    3 2002
    4 2004
    5 1998
    6 2006
    7 1999
    8 2003
    9 1995
    10 1882
    11 1988
    12 1991
    13 2001
    14 2008
    15 1981
    16 1996
    17 1983
    18 1997
    19 1980
    20 2000
    21 1990
    22 1992
    23 1987
    24 1926
    25 1958

Here's a similar ranking using this dataset, which measures both land and ocean temperatures: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/ta...LB.Ts+dSST.txt

1 2007
    2 2002
    3 2004
    4 1998
    5 2005
    6 2006
    7 1999
    8 2003
    9 1995
    10 1988
    11 1991
    12 1983
    13 2008
    14 2000
    15 1992
    16 1996
    17 2001
    18 1981
    19 1944
    20 1997
    21 1990
    22 1980
    23 1958
    24 1973
    25 1993

If you're referring to last winter, what data set are you using? I'm having trouble finding one that would rank last winter any lower than in the top 15 warmest winters since 1881.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Your data doesn't show a consistent trend towards warming. Thanks for proving my point!

Now about that natural gas issue. Google's not likely to help you on that. You actually have to use original scientific thought, so I can see why you've been avoiding it for months now.
    Last edited by glockmail; 08-06-2008 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Your data doesn't show a consistent trend towards warming. Thanks for proving my point!

Now about that natural gas issue. Google's not likely to help you on that. You actually have to use original scientific thought, so I can see why you've been avoiding it for months now.
    The Earth's temp has not changed in the last 10 years. Glocbal wamring is a scam to take more of our money from us

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your data doesn't show a consistent trend towards warming.
    Actually, yes, it does show a warming trend. I don't think you know what the word "trend" means. Or maybe you don't know what the word "warming" means, but if you can't see the warming trend in the attached graph, you might need glasses.

Thanks for proving my point!
    Your point was that last winter was "one of the coldest". I just proved that it wasn't. This is called "disproving" your point. I don't think you know what the words "prove" and "disprove" mean either.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SpidermanTUba; 08-06-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    The Earth's temp has not changed in the last 10 years.
    No, actually, it has. See above links to real data.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanTUba View Post
    No, actually, it has. See above links to real data.
    Sorry, the enviro wackos are full of it on this one

Next decade 'may see no warming'
    By Richard Black
    Environment correspondent, BBC News website

The Earth's temperature may stay roughly the same for a decade, as natural climate cycles enter a cooling phase, scientists have predicted.

A new computer model developed by German researchers, reported in the journal Nature, suggests the cooling will counter greenhouse warming.

However, temperatures will again be rising quickly by about 2020, they say. Other climate scientists have welcomed the research, saying it may help societies plan better for the future.

See how modelled temperatures may develop

The key to the new prediction is the natural cycle of ocean temperatures called the Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation (AMO), which is closely related to the warm currents that bring heat from the tropics to the shores of Europe.

The cause of the oscillation is not well understood, but the cycle appears to come round about every 60 to 70 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7376301.stm

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

red states rule: The Earth's temp has not changed in the last 10 years.
    SpidermanTUba: No, actually, it has. See above links to real data.

red states rule: Sorry, the enviro wackos are full of it on this one

Next decade 'may see no warming'
    By Richard Black
    Environment correspondent, BBC News website

You seem to be confused. Your claim was "The Earth's temp has not changed in the last 10 years." As proof of your claim, you have submitted an article written by a journalist in which it is claimed the Earth's temperature might not change for the NEXT ten years. Do you understand the difference between the words "next" and "last" ? If not, I suggest you look them up and familiarize yourself with their usage. "next ten years" and "last ten years" refers to two different sets of ten years.

On the other hand, I supplied real data collected by real scientists over the LAST 10 years to disprove your claim that the Earth's temp has not changed for the LAST ten years.
    Last edited by SpidermanTUba; 08-06-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You seem to be confused. Your claim was "The Earth's temp has not changed in the last 10 years." As proof of your claim, you have submitted an article written by a journalist in which it is claimed the Earth's temperature might not change for the NEXT ten years. Do you understand the difference between the words "next" and "last" ?

On the other hand, I supplied real data collected by real scientists over the LAST 10 years to disprove your claim that the Earth's temp has not changed for the LAST ten years.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you simply don't trust science as a method of gaining knowledge about the world around you, I'd recommend you stop getting involved with arguments over science, and go attend one of your Flat Earth Society meetings. But as long as you wish to engage yourself in arguments over science, its going to be real scientific observations that are the relevant observations, not things that you make up in your head and wish were true. The Earth's global temperature has been in a rising trend for the last ten years. You were wrong. The data proves it. Get over it.

Another tip when engaging in scientific discussion: when trying to prove your point, use evidence that actually proves your point, instead of evidence that proves another point. Your claim was that the Earth's temperature has not changed for last 10 years. You submit evidence that it might not change for the next 10 years as proof of it. That doesn't make any fucking sense.
    Last edited by SpidermanTUba; 08-06-2008 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Actually, yes, it does show a warming trend. I don't think you know what the word "trend" means. Or maybe you don't know what the word "warming" means, but if you can't see the warming trend in the attached graph, you might need glasses.

Your point was that last winter was "one of the coldest". I just proved that it wasn't. This is called "disproving" your point. I don't think you know what the words "prove" and "disprove" mean either.
    All you're showing is a magnified version of a tiny portion of this:

Now about that methane thing....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you simply don't trust science as a method of gaining knowledge about the world around you, I'd recommend you stop getting involved with arguments over science, and go attend one of your Flat Earth Society meetings. But as long as you wish to engage yourself in arguments over science, its going to be real scientific observations that are the relevant observations, not things that you make up in your head and wish were true. The Earth's global temperature has been in a rising trend for the last ten years. You were wrong. The data proves it. Get over it.

Another tip when engaging in scientific discussion: when trying to prove your point, use evidence that actually proves your point, instead of evidence that proves another point. Your claim was that the Earth's temperature has not changed for last 10 years. You submit evidence that it might not change for the next 10 years as prove of it. That doesn't make any fucking sense.

You chicken little rants have been disproved

Has global warming stopped?
    David Whitehouse

Published 19 December 2007

'The fact is that the global temperature of 2007 is statistically the same as 2006 and every year since 2001'.

Global warming stopped? Surely not. What heresy is this? Haven’t we been told that the science of global warming is settled beyond doubt and that all that’s left to the so-called sceptics is the odd errant glacier that refuses to melt?

Aren’t we told that if we don’t act now rising temperatures will render most of the surface of the Earth uninhabitable within our lifetimes? But as we digest these apocalyptic comments, read the recent IPCC’s Synthesis report that says climate change could become irreversible. Witness the drama at Bali as news emerges that something is not quite right in the global warming camp.

With only few days remaining in 2007, the indications are the global temperature for this year is the same as that for 2006 – there has been no warming over the 12 months.

But is this just a blip in the ever upward trend you may ask? No.

The fact is that the global temperature of 2007 is statistically the same as 2006 as well as every year since 2001. Global warming has, temporarily or permanently, ceased. Temperatures across the world are not increasing as they should according to the fundamental theory behind global warming – the greenhouse effect. Something else is happening and it is vital that we find out what or else we may spend hundreds of billions of pounds needlessly.

In principle the greenhouse effect is simple. Gases like carbon dioxide present in the atmosphere absorb outgoing infrared radiation from the earth’s surface causing some heat to be retained.

Consequently an increase in the atmospheric concentration of greenhouse gases from human activities such as burning fossil fuels leads to an enhanced greenhouse effect. Thus the world warms, the climate changes and we are in trouble.
    http://www.newstatesman.com/scitech/...ng-temperature

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All you're showing is a magnified version of a tiny portion of this:
    OK. How does that change the fact the Earth has been in a steep warming trend for the past 40 or so years?

Now about that methane thing....
    What about it? Its a positive feedback mechanism for global warming.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

OK. How does that change the fact the Earth has been in a steep warming trend for the past 40 or so years?

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Hey, anybody wana want to do my homework for me.? I'll let ya you deny glabal global warming. and It's it's gona going to be presented to a class of highschool high school kids who are tought taught it, as fact.
    How could you possibly be in High School with so many spelling and grammatical errors? What is even more ridiculous, is the fact that you typed this on a computer that surely has a spell checker!!!
    Last edited by Sitarro; 08-06-2008 at 12:16 PM.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1. You are relying on weather data from the past 100 years to try and prove that the climate is changing. In reality the environs around the weather stations have changed.
    2. You are confused yet again, Mr. all-knowing scientist, so I'll rephrase a third time. Why do enviro-Marxists fight exploitation of natural gas deposits?