Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A bleak future and Rush Limbaugh

I happened to catch a few minutes of the Rush Limbaugh radio show today, while running an errand in my car. It underscored for me why the human race is headed for a disaster of Biblical proportions.

In his usual breezily self-confident manner, El Rushbo was citing a few instances of unusually cool temperatures as "evidence" that global warming is the bunk. (El Rushbo conveniently overlooks the fact that global warming has nothing to do with an occasional cool spell here and there; it's a gradual, inexorable, global process.)

But of course, facts have little to do with Rush Limbaugh's appeal. His conservative audience tunes in to have their prejudices and preferences validated and confirmed. ("If you hear it on the radio, it must be right. Right?")

El Rushbo then went on to declare that global warming was a liberal conspiracy to make you, the dittohead listener, give up your personal freedoms and surrender to ever-greater government control. (He actually said it was a liberal plot.)

And what personal freedoms are these liberals trying to take away from you?

The freedom to drive a gas-guzzling 8-cylinder car.
    The freedom to run your air conditioner as much as you like.
    The freedom to pollute the air and water in the name of jobs and the economy.
    The freedom to produce garbage in ever-increasing amounts. (Recycle? Up yours!)
    The freedom to continue to live a wasteful, luxurious lifestyle without any consideration of its effect on the environment.
    The freedom to have as many kids as you want.

And when you consider that it's not just American conservatives who are giving the middle finger to any attempt to get them to behave in an ecologically responsible manner. There are about a billion Chinese who are dying to live the same wasteful, conservative Republican lifestyle. And there are probably another billion people in Asia who want it, too, and who would totally agree with Limbaugh's dittoheads that "the earth can take care of itself."

This is the world your kids and grandkids will inherit...a world where much of the earth that is now in "temperate" regions will be uninhabitable....a world where rising oceans have covered places like New York City, with economic consequences in the $trillions....a world where millions die of starvation and disease and the ones who survive will fight nasty wars over the dwindling supply of food and water.

We're fucked. But if that's too much for you to handle, tune in to Rush. He'll tell you it's all a lot of hooey and the United States is the greatest nation that ever existed and the future is rosy.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah ignore the scientists he was citing. Nevermind the fact that the man made global warming myth is finally being questioned now. Let's just announce Rush wrong because he has the audacity to question your secular religion.

I mean how dare people try to better their standard of living! How dare they have children! How dare people suggest that human lives are more important than animals! How dare people suggest that its good for people to work to better mankind and the world around us!

You have no problem taking away those freedoms and then complaining when there arent more jobs. I wonder why there arent more jobs! You complain about high gas prices when you dont let anyone explore and drill for more oil! You complain about how we have to give up all these freedoms so we can solve a problem thats half a century away with no evidence its even happening. Meanwhile we try to fix social security which we know is insolvent and you oppose it!

What the freak is wrong with you nutcases????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Talk radio sucks and Rush is the devil. Well I've never actually listened to him cuz like I said talk radio sucks but from what I've read.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The World is Going to End....We're All Doomed....Doomed I tell ya....

When Madonna sells off eight of her nine homes, then I'll get more serious about buying a smaller.....SUV....

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GW in Ohio View Post

The freedom to continue to live a wasteful, luxurious lifestyle without any consideration of its effect on the environment.
    Is this an actual quote or your generalized and skewed version?
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiberalNation View Post
    Talk radio sucks and Rush is the devil. Well I've never actually listened to him cuz like I said talk radio sucks but from what I've read.......
    Well that is certainly how a person should form their opinions. Don't experience something yourself, just read articles about it written by people who can't stand it, then decide it sucks.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell it to all your idols in liberal sodom hollyweird. They're the worst offenders of all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    The World is Going to End....We're All Doomed....Doomed I tell ya....

When Madonna sells off eight of her nine homes, then I'll get more serious about buying a smaller.....SUV....

Agreed---It can't be all that critical. Wouldn't we be seeing some radical action being taken ? Even people who believe that aliens or God are showing up sell all their earthly possesions or go gather in a cave or something.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any global warming change will be gradual. The CO2 has to build up and then the earth has to heat up. We'll prolly be 5 degrees warmer in the next hundred(s) years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

A closed minded liberal? Whouda thunk?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, closed minded. For hating talk radio.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

....This is the world your kids and grandkids will inherit...a world where much of the earth that is now in "temperate" regions will be uninhabitable....a world where rising oceans have covered places like New York City, with economic consequences in the $trillions....a world where millions die of starvation and disease and the ones who survive will fight nasty wars over the dwindling supply of food and water......
    Gee, I don't see you with bumper stickers supporting nuclear power. You musn't care about your kids future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i love all these people who denouce something or someone as evil without listening to what they say.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I said devil not evil and was joking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any global warming change will be gradual. The CO2 has to build up and then the earth has to heat up. We'll prolly be 5 degrees warmer in the next hundred(s) years.
    wow a whole 5 degrees.... Panic everyone!