Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Surgery tomorrow

Still no time yet, they'll call sometime today to let me know the specific time. The doctor only does the surgeries on Wednesdays.

I don't know what the cards hold for me afterwards, as far as movement and getting back online. I mess with my fingers, even the slightest wrist and finger movements, and they all seem to run up the forearm and to the tendons up there one way or another. And with them slicing the tendon and scraping to the bone - when he told me it'll get worse for about 2 weeks before it gets better - I believe that for sure!

It'll be in a sling when I leave them. I suppose I can at least get online and browse with the one arm. I know sleeping is going to be miserable, because I always toss and turn and am forever moving, so I'm likely to be waking up non-stop.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Good Luck!!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Good Luck!!
    Thanks, much appreciated!! I get scared with these things more and more as I get older. I'm always afraid that once I go under, I ain't coming back.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Good Luck!!

What he said!
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Great news!

One suggestion: A NY GIANTS hoodie would bring you better karma...

Everything went perfect and that's BECAUSE God saw me wearing my lucky Steelers stuff as I always do! If I put a Giants hoodie on it's perfectly understandable that the Doc may have cut the wrong arm!!

I have some bad news for you. It isn't the sling that makes you look goofy!

Hope your recovery is swift.
    Oh man, that's a little rough on the edges!! Probably true though!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    What he said!
    Thx!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Still no time yet, they'll call sometime today to let me know the specific time. The doctor only does the surgeries on Wednesdays.

I don't know what the cards hold for me afterwards, as far as movement and getting back online. I mess with my fingers, even the slightest wrist and finger movements, and they all seem to run up the forearm and to the tendons up there one way or another. And with them slicing the tendon and scraping to the bone - when he told me it'll get worse for about 2 weeks before it gets better - I believe that for sure!

It'll be in a sling when I leave them. I suppose I can at least get online and browse with the one arm. I know sleeping is going to be miserable, because I always toss and turn and am forever moving, so I'm likely to be waking up non-stop.
    ------------------

You'll have to do the one finger hen peck hunt'n punt to type...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-29-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    -------------------------------

You'll have to do the one finger hen peck hunt'n punk to type...
    Yeah, I have a little experience.

Problem is, my dominant hand is my right hand, and that's the arm that's getting sliced and diced.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Best of luck!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Best of luck to you!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Problem is, my dominant hand is my right hand, and that's the arm that's getting sliced and diced.
    Meant to say "hunt'n punt"... had to edit that... I hate it when I do that.

I hear ya about "going under." It is a scary thought. But the best part about it is, it causes total amnesia for that period of time. Your brain doesn't even have a subconscious memory of it. So you go to sleep, and then you wake up, it's like an instant and it's over.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Meant to say "hunt'n punt"... had to edit that... I hate it when I do that.

I hear ya about "going under." It is a scary thought. But the best part about it is, it causes total amnesia for that period of time. Your brain doesn't even have a subconscious memory of it. So you go to sleep, and then you wake up, it's like an instant and it's over.
    And that 3-8 seconds as that medicine kicks in and you lose consciousness - perhaps the best 3-8 seconds of your life!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I will say a prayer for lessened pain, the surgeon's skill, and a quick recovery.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

And that 3-8 seconds as that medicine kicks in and you lose consciousness - perhaps the best 3-8 seconds of your life!
    And don't forget the good pain meds you'll no doubt get...

I've been getting oxycodone now for about 12 or 13 years. I only get a few each month so even though there's this massive hysteria nation wide about the opioid crisis, I've been assured mine won't be interrupted by my doc at the VA. I have proven that I won't get addicted with the few I get and as long as I've been getting them, and never asked for an increase.

But they do make you feel pretty good. Opium is a feel good narcotic, so I can see how people get hooked. What happens though is the more you take, the less "good" feeling you'll have, and the less it'll do for pain, so people just take more. Botta bing, botta boom they're hooked, and it's a hard one to kick.

Long story short... be careful with your pain meds if they're opioids, bro... it's entirely possible to take them for pain and not get hooked.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-29-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Think positive and think about the desired results from the surgery. View it like getting a shot to prevent something far worse later on in life amigo..
    Enduring hardships that later life so oft brings is par for the course..
    Best of luck and you could play it all up a bit extra , to get extra goodies from the boss lady, methinks. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

jim. I went through, almost the same extremes. I lost ALL FEELING in my left side, arm, fingers, down my body, my left leg, foot, and toes. Navy Doc tried to use that little rubber hammer for reflexes, and got nothing. Four days later...Laminectomy(sp), T-2, 3, and 4 in my neck had been compressed. Got that surgery on the Hospital Ship "Mercy" in the Persian Gulf during Operation Desert Storm. 3 days after that, I got out of bed, and slowly walked to the bathroom to NOT use a BEDPAN for the first time before getting better. It was so painful...just touching the hair on my arm near my wrist was agony. BUT...That's all gone. Six months later. 2nd surgery in Portsmouth Naval Hospital for L-2, 3, and 4. Some of the nerves in my legs still feel like PINS & NEEDLES if I don't move for more than an hour.
    GOOD LUCK. Remember...the pain won't be there after the surgery. SMILE.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !