Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Surgery tomorrow

Still no time yet, they'll call sometime today to let me know the specific time. The doctor only does the surgeries on Wednesdays.

I don't know what the cards hold for me afterwards, as far as movement and getting back online. I mess with my fingers, even the slightest wrist and finger movements, and they all seem to run up the forearm and to the tendons up there one way or another. And with them slicing the tendon and scraping to the bone - when he told me it'll get worse for about 2 weeks before it gets better - I believe that for sure!

It'll be in a sling when I leave them. I suppose I can at least get online and browse with the one arm. I know sleeping is going to be miserable, because I always toss and turn and am forever moving, so I'm likely to be waking up non-stop.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Good Luck!!
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Still no time yet, they'll call sometime today to let me know the specific time. The doctor only does the surgeries on Wednesdays.

I don't know what the cards hold for me afterwards, as far as movement and getting back online. I mess with my fingers, even the slightest wrist and finger movements, and they all seem to run up the forearm and to the tendons up there one way or another. And with them slicing the tendon and scraping to the bone - when he told me it'll get worse for about 2 weeks before it gets better - I believe that for sure!

It'll be in a sling when I leave them. I suppose I can at least get online and browse with the one arm. I know sleeping is going to be miserable, because I always toss and turn and am forever moving, so I'm likely to be waking up non-stop.
    ------------------

You'll have to do the one finger hen peck hunt'n punt to type...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-29-2017 at 09:25 AM.

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Good Luck!!
    Thanks, much appreciated!! I get scared with these things more and more as I get older. I'm always afraid that once I go under, I ain't coming back.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    -------------------------------

You'll have to do the one finger hen peck hunt'n punk to type...
    Yeah, I have a little experience.

Problem is, my dominant hand is my right hand, and that's the arm that's getting sliced and diced.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Best of luck!

10. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah, I have a little experience.

Problem is, my dominant hand is my right hand, and that's the arm that's getting sliced and diced.
    Meant to say "hunt'n punt"... had to edit that... I hate it when I do that.

I hear ya about "going under." It is a scary thought. But the best part about it is, it causes total amnesia for that period of time. Your brain doesn't even have a subconscious memory of it. So you go to sleep, and then you wake up, it's like an instant and it's over.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Best of luck to you!

13. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Meant to say "hunt'n punt"... had to edit that... I hate it when I do that.

I hear ya about "going under." It is a scary thought. But the best part about it is, it causes total amnesia for that period of time. Your brain doesn't even have a subconscious memory of it. So you go to sleep, and then you wake up, it's like an instant and it's over.
    And that 3-8 seconds as that medicine kicks in and you lose consciousness - perhaps the best 3-8 seconds of your life!

15. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I will say a prayer for lessened pain, the surgeon's skill, and a quick recovery.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

17. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I will say a prayer for lessened pain, the surgeon's skill, and a quick recovery.
    Thank's so much!!

19. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

And that 3-8 seconds as that medicine kicks in and you lose consciousness - perhaps the best 3-8 seconds of your life!
    And don't forget the good pain meds you'll no doubt get...

I've been getting oxycodone now for about 12 or 13 years. I only get a few each month so even though there's this massive hysteria nation wide about the opioid crisis, I've been assured mine won't be interrupted by my doc at the VA. I have proven that I won't get addicted with the few I get and as long as I've been getting them, and never asked for an increase.

But they do make you feel pretty good. Opium is a feel good narcotic, so I can see how people get hooked. What happens though is the more you take, the less "good" feeling you'll have, and the less it'll do for pain, so people just take more. Botta bing, botta boom they're hooked, and it's a hard one to kick.

Long story short... be careful with your pain meds if they're opioids, bro... it's entirely possible to take them for pain and not get hooked.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-29-2017 at 10:15 AM.

21. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Best wishes, Jim ...
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

23. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And don't forget the good pain meds you'll no doubt get...

I've been getting oxycodone now for about 12 or 13 years. I only get a few each month so even though there's this massive hysteria nation wide about the opioid crisis, I've been assured mine won't be interrupted by my doc at the VA. I have proven that I won't get addicted with the few I get and as long as I've been getting them, and never asked for an increase.

But they do make you feel pretty good. Opium is a feel good narcotic, so I can see how people get hooked. What happens though is the more you take, the less "good" feeling you'll have, and the less it'll do for pain, so people just take more. Botta bing, botta boom they're hooked, and it's a hard one to kick.

Long story short... be careful with your pain meds if they're opioids, bro... it's entirely possible to take them for pain and not get hooked.
    I had a bad history unfortunately for me. While I know you can have them for a week or 2 and not get hooked if you're responsible...

When I had them for my neck surgeries... or should I say my most recent neck surgery, I abused the hell out of them. It was like "take one every 4 hours or as needed for pain" or something like that. But I doubled down and enjoyed the feeling and got rid of my pain and had fun at the same time!! Problem was, and I'm dead serious, I literally had no idea that you got withdrawals from them. I just assumed when they were done, they were done. So I had them for 2-3 months? I dunno. And then I went through hell a few times and back. One of the worst experiences ever.

And my wife remembers too! So any prescription, if filled at all, will be held and distributed by her! At first we agreed "no", but even the Doc said that it's gonna hurt like a bitch for a few days for sure.

25. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I had a bad history unfortunately for me. While I know you can have them for a week or 2 and not get hooked if you're responsible...

When I had them for my neck surgeries... or should I say my most recent neck surgery, I abused the hell out of them. It was like "take one every 4 hours or as needed for pain" or something like that. But I doubled down and enjoyed the feeling and got rid of my pain and had fun at the same time!! Problem was, and I'm dead serious, I literally had no idea that you got withdrawals from them. I just assumed when they were done, they were done. So I had them for 2-3 months? I dunno. And then I went through hell a few times and back. One of the worst experiences ever.

And my wife remembers too! So any prescription, if filled at all, will be held and distributed by her! At first we agreed "no", but even the Doc said that it's gonna hurt like a bitch for a few days for sure.
    Jim, I had a very bad spiral break in my upper arm, and then surgery to put a titanium rod in.
    After one day of nausea and fuzzy- headedness on narcotics, I switched to just Advil. It still hurt, but was under control. Maybe you will be able to do the same. Same after the heart attack. The morphine had me vomiting, so just Advil or Tylenol.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

27. Likes jimnyc liked this post