Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Well, I Take Off Tomorrow Morning For Montana

Going to visit the older sister and her family out there. I lived there a couple different times myself. Once after I graduated high school and then again after I got out of the Air Force. Beautiful state, great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there again. Looking forward to a fun road trip and vacation.

2. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, NightTrain thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Why would you not like to live there? I found it a beautiful state. Safe travels, partner.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I think it is one of the prettiest states in America, but much of it is what I'd consider pretty remote. My sister lives in the Madison Valley in SW MT, and they still don't have decent cable internet, and the distances between towns, especially to get to something that resembles a modern city is a long way. But, if that sort of thing appeals to someone, Montana is a Shangri La. My nephew is a cowboy on a ranch a ways outside of Ennis, MT, and he says the influx of CA liberals into the area in the past 30 years has turned it into a town he barely recognizes anymore. I guess the ranch he works on is for sale, and he says if it sells and he doesn't have a job, he's ready to leave MT.

Been 30 years since I've been out there so... going to be interesting to see how it's changed.

Thanks for the safe travel wishes...

I remember one time you took a road trip and mounted your camera in your car, then set it to take a picture every 30 seconds or minute, something like that, it was very cool.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 08-31-2017 at 07:31 AM.

5. Thanks darin, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I think it is one of the prettiest states in America, but much of it is what I'd consider pretty remote. My sister lives in the Madison Valley in SW MT, and they still don't have decent cable internet, and the distances between towns, especially to get to something that resembles a modern city is a long way. But, if that sort of thing appeals to someone, Montana is a Shangri La. My nephew is a cowboy on a ranch a ways outside of Ennis, MT, and he says the influx of CA liberals into the area in the past 30 years has turned it into a town he barely recognizes anymore. I guess the ranch he works on is for sale, and he says if it sells and he doesn't have a job, he's ready to leave MT.

Been 30 years since I've been out there so... going to be interesting to see how it's changed.

Thanks for the safe travel wishes...

I remember one time you took a road trip and mounted your camera in your car, then set it to take a picture every 30 seconds or minute, something like that, it was very cool.
    Montana to South Dakota

7. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Going to visit the older sister and her family out there. I lived there a couple different times myself. Once after I graduated high school and then again after I got out of the Air Force. Beautiful state, great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there again. Looking forward to a fun road trip and vacation.
    Gonna go fuck a goat eh? If you weren't such a turd maybe a woman would want you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganFats View Post
    Gonna go fuck a goat eh? If you weren't such a turd maybe a woman would want you.
    User removed from thread. No need to attack in lounge threads for absolutely no reason.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Woke up a little before 5:00, it's 5:18 here right now, far as I can see there's no fog so that's great. I'll get my last couple things in the truck, shut down all the electrical and cable goodies in the house and split. Really looking forward to a nice, leisurely road trip out west.

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, darin thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well, time to split... Montana bound and down...

13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Missed this yesterday.
    Have a safe and great trip and visit my friend..
    Remember, the speed limit is just there to snatch your hard earned money! -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Safe driving! Hope the fog has cleared.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

17. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Safe travels!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Some fog in WI on the way headed out of the state but not bad. Finally hit the interstate in MN and the speed limit was 70 so I did 75. Hit South Dakota and the speed limit went up to 80. Nice sailing, just did 80, most people weren't going any faster than that. Started to feel a little burnt out by the time I hit Chamberlain, 507 miles from home, so even though it was still early, I pulled over and got a room, a grubby Super 8 motel room, $108, carpet looks dirty enough that you could ring grease and dirt out of it, but, it doesn't really stink and the bed looks clean and I'm beat so I really don't care, but what the hell happened to the price of a motel room, when did it triple?

But sure as shit when I went down town to find some fast food drive through, there's a noise that shouldn't be there coming from under the hood, coming from under the hood of a 2015 vehicle with only 21, 400 miles on it. I just can't get a break. So out of curiosity I shut the a/c off and sure enough, it goes quiet. So, looks like I drive the rest of the way to my sister's place with NO a/c. Oh well, my sister called the Chevy dealer in Dillon, MT and they said they'd be able to get the truck in right away Tuesday. It's all warranty so, fix it, so I can enjoy myself, and not bake inside my black truck.

Gotta be something to make this an adventure I suppose. I'll be up and gone before the sun comes up I'm sure.

The mighty Missouri River, 212 years ago you might have caught Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery going past right here...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-01-2017 at 07:18 PM.

21. Thanks Kathianne, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Holy bloody hell is it good to be home. That 2,700 mile round trip drive, alone, just saps about everything ya got out of ya. Not sure if I'll do that again... ever. I think if I visit out west, as much as I hate to, I'll fly.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-10-2017 at 03:55 PM.

23. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Friends a few years back took a train from Iowa to Seattle. They said the scenery was fantastic.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

25. Thanks Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    Friends a few years back took a train from Iowa to Seattle. They said the scenery was fantastic.
    Excellent suggestion. I love trains.

27. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post