Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default I Can't Stand Trump .. Really

He was my absolute LAST choice of Republican candidates. His hair is stupid. The fact he can't stay off facebook or twitter or whatever is absurd. He responds to petty insults with knee jerk reactions.

At the same time, who cares? I never expected anything from him but a Supreme Court appointment. I lived through the populist who ran as a Dem's presidency. He got no cooperation from the Congressional Dems. I saw it coming with Trump from a country mile, as should anyone who lived through the Carter years and has a 1st grade power of observation.

So what's to sit and whine about? Hell, he's trying more than I thought he would AND he's trying to do the right thing.

Better question: How many friendships is it going to screw? The Presidency is 4 years. Anyone who can read knows I don't like Trump. But I don't go on and on and on and on and on about it, insulting people for no real reason. And I damned sure don't take it personally if someone who supports Trump wiseass's or comes back at me if I throw a barb at their boy. Stick your dick in the door and someone is going to come along and slam it.

And anyone who takes me personally (aside from the lucky few who know who they are)? You're wasting your time. I'll argue a point. If you don't like it, too bad. But some need to get over themselves.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Black Diamond, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Elessar thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Funny, I just posted in another thread with what I think relates, and that would, in a nutshell, be making the best of a situation no matter where one may stand.

Truth be told, the woman and I disagree on a fair amount of political subjects. But it's never an issue because we never allow it to be one. We CAN talk or debate things, but mostly avoid doing so. But when we do, we approach things differently I guess. And usually by the end of the "debate" I am trying to goofingly stab her with a wooden spoon, but it never does any damage.

It "should" be easier for folks on the same political aisle, but differ on candidates and some issues, to get along. There are many other issues to soften the blow, if those issues are paid attention to.

And while he hasn't been perfect, if one has paid attention, he hasn't been a flaming liberal either. Yes, some will only toss out negative things, one only positive, but we all know facts are there behind the scenes. So denying things that have sucked, or ignoring things that have been accomplished, well it is what it is.

The exaggeration and hatred from the left is literally insane, over the edge insane. Then add in the folks on the right that don't care for Trump. Then add in that the news MSM are wholly against him. You'll see polls are low numbers, but they simply don't speak the truth, no more than the polls days prior to the election were.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    He was my absolute LAST choice of Republican candidates. His hair is stupid. The fact he can't stay off facebook or twitter or whatever is absurd. He responds to petty insults with knee jerk reactions.

At the same time, who cares? I never expected anything from him but a Supreme Court appointment. I lived through the populist who ran as a Dem's presidency. He got no cooperation from the Congressional Dems. I saw it coming with Trump from a country mile, as should anyone who lived through the Carter years and has a 1st grade power of observation.

So what's to sit and whine about? Hell, he's trying more than I thought he would AND he's trying to do the right thing.

Better question: How many friendships is it going to screw? The Presidency is 4 years. Anyone who can read knows I don't like Trump. But I don't go on and on and on and on and on about it, insulting people for no real reason. And I damned sure don't take it personally if someone who supports Trump wiseass's or comes back at me if I throw a barb at their boy. Stick your dick in the door and someone is going to come along and slam it.

And anyone who takes me personally (aside from the lucky few who know who they are)? You're wasting your time. I'll argue a point. If you don't like it, too bad. But some need to get over themselves.
    Bullshit. You didn't vote third party. You're in love with trump and always have been.

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Same here. I have no animosity in regards to any member here. I say let them have their say--then let me have mine...
    If we disagree--fine...
    No reason to take it personally, IMHO..
    I do not know what is up with the Rev.--lately he ignores my replies to him..
    If he has me on =-- ignore-- here, I wish he would say so publicly (or in a private message). Then I'd not bother to comment on his posts.
    Hell, its not like I havent defended him several times in the past...

Trust me on this, if the obama had been treated the way Trump has been, we would have had a damn civil war...
    Seems to me it is high time to admit who the bad characters are in all of this and quit making excuses for them and their violence..-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 09-14-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Funny, I just posted in another thread with what I think relates, and that would, in a nutshell, be making the best of a situation no matter where one may stand.

Truth be told, the woman and I disagree on a fair amount of political subjects. But it's never an issue because we never allow it to be one. We CAN talk or debate things, but mostly avoid doing so. But when we do, we approach things differently I guess. And usually by the end of the "debate" I am trying to goofingly stab her with a wooden spoon, but it never does any damage.

It "should" be easier for folks on the same political aisle, but differ on candidates and some issues, to get along. There are many other issues to soften the blow, if those issues are paid attention to.

And while he hasn't been perfect, if one has paid attention, he hasn't been a flaming liberal either. Yes, some will only toss out negative things, one only positive, but we all know facts are there behind the scenes. So denying things that have sucked, or ignoring things that have been accomplished, well it is what it is.

The exaggeration and hatred from the left is literally insane, over the edge insane. Then add in the folks on the right that don't care for Trump. Then add in that the news MSM are wholly against him. You'll see polls are low numbers, but they simply don't speak the truth, no more than the polls days prior to the election were.
    Like I said, I never expected anything from him. It's a good place to start.

A lot of what I see as criticism are people who weren't for him to begin with; yet, STILL act all disappointed if his every promise is carried out to the "t". As if ANY politician's every promise is. If you recall, I got on your ass about cheerleading Trump thread after thread during the primaries. It's as equally annoying constantly seeing everything he could possibly think of doing wrong and then some.

I'm actually sort of enjoying this in a sick sort of way. Pelosi makes some smartass comment that Trump isn't doing his job and laying it off on Congress. Hell-o-o-o dumb Phantom of the Opera looking bitch ... immigration law is Congress' job. Take HS government much?

And who was it that was being accused of being for it before he was against it? John Kerry? Say hello to Paul Ryan. If he'd go ahead and vote for the fence before he votes against it, he'll have a place to slap his saddle.

He wears the wrong clothes apparently to hurricanes and press briefings. I'm sure Versace is rolling in his grave.

Want to blame him for something? Get his ass off the phone. Geez. I don't even know where he has time to do all this social media bullshit in between being President. Duct tale his mouth. Only left his speak AFTER he thinks.

Otherwise the reactions of the left and the RINOs keep me in stitches
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Bullshit. You didn't vote third party. You're in love with trump and always have been.
    Correct. I did NOT vote 3rd party. I like for my vote to count somewhere, even if it's a loss at something attainable. I'm damned sure not tossing it out the window on some 3rd party hack. I'll just stay home first.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Same here. I have no animosity in regards to any member here. I say let them have their say--then let me have mine...
    If we disagree--fine...
    If he has me on =-- ignore-- here, I wish he would say so publicly (or in a private message). Then I'd not bother to comment on his posts.

Trust me on this, if the obama had been treated the way Trump has been, we would have had a damn civil war...
    Seems to me it is high time to admit who the bad characters are in all of this and quit making excuses for them and their violence..-Tyr
    Nothing's up with Rev that I am aware of. Even if he's mad at me for something Far as I know he's just being Rev.
    @jimnyc on the other hand, I hate you. Why can't I get those simple little pansy-ass injuries like you're always getting? Oh hell no. I have to pull my ass muscle running. Now it hurts when I'm LMAO at you ....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Nothing's up with Rev that I am aware of. Even if he's mad at me for something Far as I know he's just being Rev.
    @jimnyc on the other hand, I hate you. Why can't I get those simple little pansy-ass injuries like you're always getting? Oh hell no. I have to pull my ass muscle running. Now it hurts when I'm LMAO at you ....
    Karma.

I was a bad little bastard growing up, and I think I'm paying the price for much of it now. Well, the stitches are mostly from running around like a maniac. I believe the neck and elbow might be from various injuries and overuse and what not growing up. But I call it Karma. I've paid the price for every idiotic thing I've ever done.

Now you go out and get some surgery ya pansy cue ball headed fucker! Get it done on the dome too, as chicks love scares they say, and you have plenty of empty space to be put to good use up there. Maybe even get a tattoo, get the 6 pool table pockets on the top of your head!!

I hope the torn muscle hurts now fucker! And I hope that spider hopped on a local bus and is making its way to your ear. Maybe not a poisonous spider, but one that will make your head blow up larger than it already is, and we'll have like a little floating balloon headed Gunny.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    If we disagree--fine...

Simple reason, you don't personally flame then say, "don't take it personally." You respect others and it's returned.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Karma.

I was a bad little bastard growing up, and I think I'm paying the price for much of it now. Well, the stitches are mostly from running around like a maniac. I believe the neck and elbow might be from various injuries and overuse and what not growing up. But I call it Karma. I've paid the price for every idiotic thing I've ever done.

Now you go out and get some surgery ya pansy cue ball headed fucker! Get it done on the dome too, as chicks love scares they say, and you have plenty of empty space to be put to good use up there. Maybe even get a tattoo, get the 6 pool table pockets on the top of your head!!

I hope the torn muscle hurts now fucker! And I hope that spider hopped on a local bus and is making its way to your ear. Maybe not a poisonous spider, but one that will make your head blow up larger than it already is, and we'll have like a little floating balloon headed Gunny.
    I had my taste of surgery, thanks. I STILL haven't gotten over all of it. I'll pass on the "elective" shit. I hope you go blind when the sun shines off my head.

And don't give us that "bad little bastard" and "karma" story. The karma is whatever you did to those girls when you were in gradeschool has Mrs Jimmy kicking your ass all the time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Simple reason, you don't personally flame then say, "don't take it personally." You respect others and it's returned.
    You don't show people respect on here. You go on and on ridiculing trump supporters and expect no flack in return. Was true pre election and it's true now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    You don't show people respect on here. You go on and on ridiculing trump supporters and expect no flack in return. Was true pre election and it's true now.
    I don't think I've went out of my way to disrespect anyone. Of course threads take their own courses, and after pages they can get aggravating, and after words back and forth and back and forth, some can get snippy or sarcastic. I just don't expect it for no reason or to start off a thread.

Kath is always respectful with me. I'd rather not touch upon interactions that I am not involved with/in. But I've always said that folks should treat one another 'in kind' when at all possible.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    disagreeing with you does not equal disrespect. You claim you've always said what you wanted and all this other junk, but you sure don't allow others to. It's your way or the highway and you take it personally.

Last time you stated such and claimed you were the first to say something or another that I know I was saying long before you were ever in the picture, I said fine. I'm not walking on eggshells around you. This board's too small and you post too much to avoid. You've been antagonistic to me since.

If you are going to post on a board that primarily supports Trump, plan on feedback. And as you say ... you get as much respect out of me as you give. That doesn't mean I have to respect your left field stance as of this election.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Right with ya Gunny.

I live by the words my father told me somewhere around 1959, 1963 about why I always worried about what other people thought about me.

He told me...
    "The only people you will ever have to listen to, and do as they say are the people who will pay all of your bills for the rest of your life!"

So far. I haven't met anyone who would honestly agree to do that for me. So...it really shouldn't matter to ANYONE, what anyone else says, thinks, or does to us, or about us.

It's like a teenager who worries about going to a dance, and being worried that somebody will laugh at them trying to dance. Truth is. EVERYBODY at a dance is only worried about THEMSELVES, and don't really care how anybody else looks because they are worried about themselves.
    Think about it.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

19. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

disagreeing with you does not equal disrespect. You claim you've always said what you wanted and all this other junk, but you sure don't allow others to. It's your way or the highway and you take it personally.

Last time you stated such and claimed you were the first to say something or another that I know I was saying long before you were ever in the picture, I said fine. I'm not walking on eggshells around you. This board's too small and you post too much to avoid. You've been antagonistic to me since.

If you are going to post on a board that primarily supports Trump, plan on feedback. And as you say ... you get as much respect out of me as you give. That doesn't mean I have to respect your left field stance as of this election.
    Actually, you went personal because I said you were wrong. You dish but can't take it. I won't go to the flaming crap with you, which is why I've pretty much avoided you since. There is no arguing with you, you always play the 'I know because I was in the military, you civilians owe it all to me and can go take a flying f!'

Others are justifiably proud of their service, they just don't use it as a know-it-all card.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill