Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump is against those kneeling in the NFL

Goodell, the NFL commissioner, states that this is divisive, and shows a lack of respect. Are you shitting me? His first response is about the lack of respect? And nothing about the lack of respect to Old Glory and/or our anthem? This is all an agenda, and some walking on egg shells when responding to the agenda.

It DOES NOT belong in sports. Do it in your own time. Find ways to speak to the masses now that you have millions of dollars. I don't care if these folks have issues that are important to our nation, they want to get their messages across. I get it, and would even tune in if they did so.

But bringing the politics and agenda onto the sidelines, where the cameras will catch them, is wrong in sports. Now, bringing it out onto the field, SO much worse. This is SPORTS people, it's supposed to be FUN, even if the NFL has made it into a monster business. I'm tired of disruptions and changes. It only screws up their message, IMO.

---

Trump turns sports into a political battleground with comments on NFL and Steph Curry

President Trump turned professional sports into a political battleground Friday night and into Saturday morning, directing full-throated ire toward African-American athletes who have spoken out against him and prompting a response from the National Football League, its players and the best basketball player in the world.

In a span of roughly 12 hours, as the sports world typically would be gearing up college football and baseball’s pennant races, Trump ensnared and agitated the most powerful sports league in North America and perhaps the most popular athlete in American team sports. His comments set the stage for potential mass protest Sunday along NFL sidelines.

At a political rally Friday, Trump called on NFL owners to release players who demonstrated during the national anthem in the manner of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who knelt to draw attention to police violence against African-Americans. Saturday morning on Twitter, Trump rescinded an White House invitation to Stephen Curry of the NBA champion Golden State Warriors, although it is unclear whether the Warriors had been invited in the first place.

“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!” Trump tweeted at 7:45 a.m. Saturday.

The tweet came on the heels of comments he made Saturday night in at a Huntsville, Ala. rally for Republican senator Luther Strange, who is running in a special GOP primary election to remain in the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

“Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’” Trump said. “You know, some owner is going to do that. He’s going to say, ‘That guy that disrespects our flag, he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it [but] they’ll be the most popular person in this country.”

Trump later called for fans to boycott the NFL in the face of player anthem protests after bemoaning rules penalizing dangerous hits.

“But do you know what’s hurting the game more than that?” Trump said. “When people like yourselves turn on television and you see those people taking the knee when they’re playing our great national anthem. The only thing you could do better is if you see it, even if it’s one player, leave the stadium. I guarantee things will stop. Things will stop. Just pick up and leave. Pick up and leave. Not the same game anymore, anyway.”

Kaepernick, despite a clear case his performance and ability warranted at least a chance at a roster spot, remains unsigned. NFL owners collectively donated more than $7 million to Trump’s presidential campaign, and New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft gave Trump a Super Bowl ring this summer.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who has waffled in varied comments regarding Kaepernick’s protest, responded to Trump on Saturday morning.

“Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities,” Goodell said in a statement.

Trump went on to criticize the NFL for rules meant increase player safety.

Rest - https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.b17c24d8c99b
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Bilgerat thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Goodell also thinks punching a woman in the face and then dragging her unconscious body out of an elevator is worth a one game suspension of while deflating footballs is worth four.

4. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Get that sonofabitch off the field. I love it.

6. Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Get that sonofabitch off the field. I love it.
    I'm sure many will find fault with his words, but I agree with this one. The NFL crap is getting out of hand. Sure, they can handle their own crap, they are a huge organization. But many are getting tired of it. Not because of a black/police issue, but because it shouldn't be in the NFL field of play and sidelines.

Some out there are like Trump, as I am as well - fire the bastard. Tell them ahead of time it won't be tolerated. Keep it off the field.

Every team has control over every player, and the NFL can easily dictate the environment. The NFL, gameday when fans are watching, is not a "free speech zone", and shouldn't be treated as such. This is dividing fans and they should be aware of that. I think they are afraid that any push back against kneeling might be met with "racism" in return. And when I say "they", that refers to both owners and the NFL. Once again, allowing them to dictate the environment. The NFL should tell them as I did, and to do what Ali did, and have summits of some sort, maybe even have the NFL facilitate it - OFF THE FIELD AND NOT GAMEDAY.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Trump will cost the NFL viewership. This is the greatest thing since November 8.

10. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default He finally speaks for all of us.

The President knows, and let all of America know. The crybabies in the NBA, and NFL do not control WE THE PEOPLE merely because they are spoiled, rich kids who have no future IF WE THE PEOPLE IGNORE THEM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

12. Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Trump will cost the NFL viewership. This is the greatest thing since November 8.
    I'm going to watch it again just so I can stop watching it again
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Trump really knows how to cool race relations and bring people together doesn't he? Dude just stokes the flames that gives his base boners.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Trump really knows how to cool race relations and bring people together doesn't he? Dude just stokes the flames that gives his base boners.
    Really????
    And just where the hell was this condemnation when it was your boy obama that set race relations back 50/60 years with his one-sided blame the police/blame whitey crap?? And his instructions to not prosecute the New Black Panther Party on their voter intimidation case when they were on video..
    Petey you have blind eyes when its your corrupt bastard engaging in stirring up civil unrest and false claims of racism..
    So typical... -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Sports announcement....notice, attention everyone...

One the latest PMSNBC wire: The Rev. Al (notso)Sharpton just announced he is creating a new NFL football team, headquartered in the Harlem section of New York City. His players will come from RIKERS ISLAND, New York City's main jail. And the name of the new team will be The BLM's.

Sharpton further announced that Kaepernick, and his anti-American friends from across the entire NFL can join the new team under the banner of ISIS, and the OBAMA NEW BLACK PANTHER Acorn's from Chicago.

No football stats are required since all of the players will be issued their choice of weapons, such as OOOZIES and TECH NINE's in order to more FAIRLY play against anyone who STANDS for the playing of the National Anthem of the U.S.A.

The team will be fully sponsored by ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, MSNBC, and the OBAMA OPRAH CHANNELS that preach endless Racist plans to overthrow the US.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

One thing I've been pondering, and this is just the latest crap ... a few of the NBA crybabies ( DID notice half were already retired) said stuff to the effect of "... with all the stuff going on in this country, he's worried about who's taking a knee".

Good point, Kobe. I look around at what is going on in this country and who is doing it. THEN I look around at who is taking a knee and/or supporting it. The big Hmmm... moment. Seems a lot of the names, faces, lifestyles, et al are the same. I see a SERIOUS problem with "what's going on".

Then for Goodell to call Trump divisive and say he doesn't understand pro football, blah, blah - f-ing blah? Seems to me Goodell doesn't understand that Flag, and that anthem are the symbols of what allows spoiled little brats to never grow up and make millions playing a child's game.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Bilgerat thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    yeah he should have blamed slavery and Jim Crow for all the blacks' antics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    One thing I've been pondering, and this is just the latest crap ... a few of the NBA crybabies ( DID notice half were already retired) said stuff to the effect of "... with all the stuff going on in this country, he's worried about who's taking a knee".

Good point, Kobe. I look around at what is going on in this country and who is doing it. THEN I look around at who is taking a knee and/or supporting it. The big Hmmm... moment. Seems a lot of the names, faces, lifestyles, et al are the same. I see a SERIOUS problem with "what's going on".

Then for Goodell to call Trump divisive and say he doesn't understand pro football, blah, blah - f-ing blah? Seems to me Goodell doesn't understand that Flag, and that anthem are the symbols of what allows spoiled little brats to never grow up and make millions playing a child's game.
    shouldn't Kobe be raping a woman in a hotel room somewhere?

22. Likes mundame liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm sure many will find fault with his words, but I agree with this one. The NFL crap is getting out of hand. Sure, they can handle their own crap, they are a huge organization. But many are getting tired of it. Not because of a black/police issue, but because it shouldn't be in the NFL field of play and sidelines.

Some out there are like Trump, as I am as well - fire the bastard. Tell them ahead of time it won't be tolerated. Keep it off the field.

Every team has control over every player, and the NFL can easily dictate the environment. The NFL, gameday when fans are watching, is not a "free speech zone", and shouldn't be treated as such. This is dividing fans and they should be aware of that. I think they are afraid that any push back against kneeling might be met with "racism" in return. And when I say "they", that refers to both owners and the NFL. Once again, allowing them to dictate the environment. The NFL should tell them as I did, and to do what Ali did, and have summits of some sort, maybe even have the NFL facilitate it - OFF THE FIELD AND NOT GAMEDAY.
    It could be argued the President shouldn't say "sonofabitch"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yup, when I saw the clips of president Trump making those comments, all I could think of saying was THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP, for once again saying exactly what I've been thinking, and I guarantee you, I'm not the only one.

This is why he's hung onto his base. He's got the BALLS to SAY what all us poor, lowly, common types also think and says, and the left just HATES that, because they can't stop him, and they can't break the connection.

But like I said in the thread I started, I'm done watching the NFL. When the sons a bitches get their pink socks and gloves off and black power signs on the field and quit the politics driven super bowl half time shows and get their asses UP to show the proper respect for the national anthem and flag, I'll turn them back on... but not until.

And that Goodell prick, he's just a complete leftist jerk off. HE will ruin the NFL, NOT president Trump. THEY started this disrespect America trash, NOT president Trump. All the president did was CALL THEM OUT, and now they're SHITTING themselves because they've all been TRYING to pretend the huge decline in viewership and ticket sales was SOMETHING ELSE... ya... give me a fuckin' break. Now they've been exposed... deal with it.

25. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Bilgerat thanked this post