Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

There is a growing campaign on FB at least, to boycott the NFL on Sunday, Nov. 12th, in honor of Veterans' Day the day before. Our household won't be watching that day, or this Sunday either.
    I hope an impact is felt.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    There is a growing campaign on FB at least, to boycott the NFL on Sunday, Nov. 12th, in honor of Veterans' Day the day before. Our household won't be watching that day, or this Sunday either.
    Count me in. If it's the NFL or our Veterans, I'll side with the VETS 100% of the time.

Respect.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Abbey Marie, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    That'll be easy for me, since I tuned them out LAST year when they started this anti American garbage.

I watched ONE Packer game three weeks ago... I won't watch another one, or any other NFL, period.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 09-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.

5. Thanks Abbey Marie, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Bravo!!!

---

‘I Don’t Belong Here’: Combat Veteran Resigns as Baltimore Ravens Anthem Singer

One would think that the city where the national anthem was written, would be the least likely to see an anthem singer resign. However, that’s exactly what’s happening right now with the Baltimore Ravens and their anthem singer.

According to the Baltimore Sun, Joey Odoms, an Army combat veteran, who won the anthem-singing job in a competition in 2014, has resigned. His resignation comes only days after over 200 NFL players, and about a dozen Baltimore Ravens, protested the flag and President Trump on Sunday.

Ravens Senior Vice President of Public and Community Relations, Kevin Byrne, had this to say of Odoms resignation: “We greatly appreciate the work Joey did for us and we thank him.”

Odoms posted a message on Instagram, which summed up his thoughts and reasoning for resigning. As quoted in the Sun, Odoms said that the, “tone/actions of a large number of NFL fans in the midst of our country’s cultural crisis, have convinced me that I do not belong” at M&T Bank Stadium.

“Someone once told me to always ‘go where you’re welcomed.’ This is not an emotional reaction to recent events, rather an ethical decision that part of me regrets but my core knows is the right choice.”

Odoms ended his post by expressing his thanks to the fans, “for the opportunity to grow as a performer and for allowing me to live out a dream of sharing my gift with you.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...s-dont-belong/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

7. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

9. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I disagree with that guy. He also tries to make a bunch of comparisons, unfortunately none of them have anything to do with current times of folks disrespecting our flag and anthem.

Just as so many protested the vietnam war and our troops returning. Doing it then as a form of protest wasn't right at all, and that hardly makes it any more right if done today.

disrespect for our flag, anthem & endless soldiers who fought and died for our country. NOTHING in my eyes will EVER make that remotely even ok.

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Simply do it at another time, fury goes away - and perhaps they even choose a way to where their message is actually listened to. Make no mistake, while people are paying attention right now, it's because of the disrespect and commotion over it. I barely see any discussion at all about what concerns them. So simple, choose a different avenue that will garner attention and get folks to respectfully listen and pay attention.

They are SO rich that they can all afford to get together and make a special conference at a stadium, for example, and have it on during prime time.

How many people have been handed one of these? How many are related to someone handed one of these? How many friends? It goes very deep.

Yikes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The vet in that video states:

He has no legs, but he'll stand for the both of them when the anthem is played.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    EMETIB.

That idiot reaped exactly what he sowed.

I treated him as he deserved. Clowns like him will never learn.

Screw his childish accusations.
    Screw you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've asked this on FB, here and other places - no answer.

WHY CAN'T they do as I propose, which is to do something bigger, just outside of football? Maybe use a stadium, get as many players as possible, maybe even every one of those who took a knee. Have something planned for prime time. Have a special on 60 minutes or another channel or another place.

Bring it in a respectful manner. With no one being offended right off the bat, maybe they'll get positive attention, and folks actually listening.

I know they "can" kneel, and that's not my question.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've asked this on FB, here and other places - no answer.

WHY CAN'T they do as I propose, which is to do something bigger, just outside of football? Maybe use a stadium, get as many players as possible, maybe even every one of those who took a knee. Have something planned for prime time. Have a special on 60 minutes or another channel or another place.

Bring it in a respectful manner. With no one being offended right off the bat, maybe they'll get positive attention, and folks actually listening.

I know they "can" kneel, and that's not my question.
    Because trump hurt their feelings. Much of it is to spite him. Which makes it not only disrespectful but also stupid.

18. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default American Sniper Widow To NFL: ‘You’ve Lost Me’

American Sniper Widow To NFL: ‘You’ve Lost Me’

Taya Kyle, the widow of American Sniper Chris Kyle, wrote an open letter to the NFL to tell them they’ve lost her support over athletes kneeling for the national anthem.

Kyle argues that Americans have been football fans for so long because the NFL was about “celebrating each other based on skills, talent and a joint vision without regard to color and religion,” but now the NFL is choosing to “focus on division and anger.”

“Your desire to focus on division and anger has shattered what many people loved most about the sport,” Kyle says. “Football was really a metaphor for our ideal world — different backgrounds, talents, political beliefs and histories as one big team with one big goal — to do well, to win, TOGETHER.”

“Simplicity in a crazy world was pretty awesome,” she continues. “You dear NFL, have taken that. You have lost me here.”

Kyle ends the letter by encouraging NFL players to do their political and community activism outside of their paying job–in the off season. On her own time, she runs the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation, which works to strengthen the relationships of military and first-responder families.

“If I can do it while I raise two kids as their only parent and work through the greatest pain of my life, let’s see if they can do it for the issues they say they care so much about,” she concludes.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/27/am...youve-lost-me/

20. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

One good thing about this, depending on where you stand of course. Sure, the NFL united as players/coaches/owners this past weekend. It more than added onto what was already getting out of hand.

And now more Americans are pissed than ever at the situation. More and more I see speaking up in defense, wearing the colors, even if only online. And many say similar to me - so long as they are pulling this shit, we don't give a shit about what they have to say and what their cause is. Respect is a 2 way street.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Look at the cute little moron making signs. How proud you must be.

I am proud. I made the moron I was talking about say something stupid...again!
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !