Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Terminate All Federal Government Support to NFL

I don't have an issue with this. Sometimes folks get fired for their words, hence Paula Deen and many others before and after her, no need to make a list. NFL owners as a result are free to end the contracts of players and/or trade them if they choose. And the government can end working with them as a result as well. Perhaps things can't be stripped instantly, but I wouldn't work together any longer. They get BILLIONS and it ends up being from the taxpayers - aka us citizens. Others can kneel, some can complain, and some can work with the government to be for or against things that are money is used for.

---

Rep. Mo Brooks: ‘Terminate All Federal Government Support to NFL’

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) said on Tuesday that the federal government should not financially support the NFL because of players’ disrespectful “take a knee” protests during the national anthem.

“I believe we ought to terminate all federal government support of the NFL,” Brooks told Breitbart News following the Conversations with Conservatives event at the Capitol. “That would include the termination of any and all advertising that is done on behalf of the federal government — military and non-military — to the extent we do any.”

“The same thing with any other professional sport that insults our country and our flag and our anthem as the NFL has done,” said Brooks, who is a member of the House Freedom Caucus.

CNN Money reported in 2015 the NFL teams get “billions in subsidies from U.S. taxpayers.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...onal-football/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Gunny, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm not sure about the reasoning being disrespect. I'm all for ending all government support for the NFL because the government is not in the pro football business, and should not be in the pro football business. I don't see it happening though. Congress represents those states/people with teams and there's too much money involved for them to let it go without a kicking and screaming fight.

The fans should support the NFL, not the People.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks revelarts, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I don't have an issue with this. Sometimes folks get fired for their words, hence Paula Deen and many others before and after her, no need to make a list. NFL owners as a result are free to end the contracts of players and/or trade them if they choose. And the government can end working with them as a result as well. Perhaps things can't be stripped instantly, but I wouldn't work together any longer. They get BILLIONS and it ends up being from the taxpayers - aka us citizens. Others can kneel, some can complain, and some can work with the government to be for or against things that are money is used for.

---

Rep. Mo Brooks: ‘Terminate All Federal Government Support to NFL’

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) said on Tuesday that the federal government should not financially support the NFL because of players’ disrespectful “take a knee” protests during the national anthem.

“I believe we ought to terminate all federal government support of the NFL,” Brooks told Breitbart News following the Conversations with Conservatives event at the Capitol. “That would include the termination of any and all advertising that is done on behalf of the federal government — military and non-military — to the extent we do any.”

“The same thing with any other professional sport that insults our country and our flag and our anthem as the NFL has done,” said Brooks, who is a member of the House Freedom Caucus.

CNN Money reported in 2015 the NFL teams get “billions in subsidies from U.S. taxpayers.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...onal-football/

Whatever the reason, IMO the Federal Government has no business being involved in financing anything to do with any business. Same with supplements to dairy and corn farmers. Get the government out of areas it just doesn't belong in.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes revelarts, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'm not sure about the reasoning being disrespect. I'm all for ending all government support for the NFL because the government is not in the pro football business, and should not be in the pro football business. I don't see it happening though. Congress represents those states/people with teams and there's too much money involved for them to let it go without a kicking and screaming fight.

The fans should support the NFL, not the People.
    "The fans should support the NFL, not the People."

seems like a no brainier right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Whatever the reason, IMO the Federal Government has no business being involved in financing anything to do with any business. Same with supplements to dairy and corn farmers. Get the government out of areas it just doesn't belong in.
    "Now you done gone to meddling!"
    but yes.
    No farm welfare, bank welfare, oil company welfare, wal-mart welfare etc etc.
    But then congressmen couldn't "promise" jobs... or pay for their campaigns... or get their seats on corporate boards after they leave "public service" if they did that.
    Last edited by revelarts; 09-27-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

8. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, CSM thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, CSM liked this post