Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Is it time to boycott the NFL???

MAYBE THIS SHOWS IT IS NOW TIME TO BOYCOTT THE NFL.
    After all, they think we are chumps for being offended by this crap the black power devotees are now doing.
    They choose the black players and there stupidity over the fans and the decency and respect for country that we want!

Perhaps switch to other sporting sources, boxing, car racing, hunting shows or------

Tell the damn NFL THAT IT CAN HAVE THE ASSHOLES THAT IT CHOOSES TO PLACATE OVER THE OBJECTIONS OF WE THE FANS THAT PAY!!

Lets see how the black community support it.. perhaps would be exactly how they do thriving city neighborhoods they overtake-- within a few years the businesses close due to high crime, robberies and lack of sales.
    Memphis , Detroit , other big cities repeatedly show that reality..

I switched away from the NFL , A FEW YEARS GO AND SAW THIS COMING.

UFC FOR ME....

OH YEA, WHILE I AM AT IT-- ffkk Lebron James too. ffing maggot... -TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    MAYBE THIS SHOWS IT IS NOW TIME TO BOYCOTT THE NFL.
    After all, they think we are chumps for being offended by this crap the black power devotees are now doing.
    They choose the black players and there stupidity over the fans and the decency and respect for country that we want!

Perhaps switch to other sporting sources, boxing, car racing, hunting shows or------

Tell the damn NFL THAT IT CAN HAVE THE ASSHOLES THAT IT CHOOSES TO PLACATE OVER THE OBJECTIONS OF WE THE FANS THAT PAY!!

Lets see how the black community support it.. perhaps would be exactly how they do thriving city neighborhoods they overtake-- within a few years the businesses close due to high crime, robberies and lack of sales.
    Memphis , Detroit , other big cities repeatedly show that reality..

I switched away from the NFL , A FEW YEARS GO AND SAW THIS COMING.

UFC FOR ME....

OH YEA, WHILE I AM AT IT-- ffkk Lebron James too. ffing maggot... -TYR
    I don't "boycott" the NFL per se. That's giving it too much time and attention. I just don't much attention to it and haven't for a good 20 years. I think the only SBs I've watched the past two decades are the ones the Steelers were in.

And as usual, this protest minus the idiots on the left isn't even what it started out as. Now it's about alleged free speech and the NFL. It reat it like any other entertainment form where someone I pay to entertain me starts some whack-o political BS.

To me, this has turned into the NFL challenging the government. I doubt it will lose, but all those BLM guys aren't going to make up the difference in financial loss for the NFL. It's already losing money. The government already has a Bill introduced to stop public funding for professional sports, and I agree with it. Last thing the NFL needs to do is give it momentum.

There also is the fact the NFL is ignoring its own rule.

This is just another issue brought to us by the MSM who managed to turn one idiot not understanding his Rights vs his role and turning it into a war no one can or will win.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yup, I'm done. Hadn't necessarily considered it a boycott, but I won't watch it anymore. Football is nonexistent.

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yup, I'm done. Hadn't necessarily considered it a boycott, but I won't watch it anymore. Football is nonexistent.
    I basically quit watching when it became so pansy-assed; which, coincidentally has risen in pace with salaries. When they used to beat the sh*t out of each other for peanuts, and still had to have day jobs to eat, nobody cared if they got hurt playing the game. Most of those old-timers would probably sneer at what they call injuries now.

I'm not wasting 3 or so hours watching the NFL Referee Show. They have too many stupid calls and they change the outcomes of games. I used to get too pissed off over games being ruined over a few bad calls. Holding and pass interference are the Ref's weapons of choice. Never mind both penalties occur on every play from scrimmage.

The final bell for me was in 01-02 when the officials flat screwed Oakland and Pittsburgh out of wins over New England in the playoffs. You can say what you want, but my smell detector goes off when I see that added to the political climate of "conveniently" having a team named "the Patriots" win the SB right after 9/11. I've watched the SBs the Steelers were in since, and that actually amounted to the game was on in the same room.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    but my smell detector goes off when I see that added to the political climate of "conveniently" having a team named "the Patriots" win the SB right after 9/11.
    Never gave that any thought, but you definitely have a good point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Trump bears partial blame for this mess by wasting his time feuding with the NFL. As POTUS, he should have more important things to attend to. As he famously tweeted at Obama a few years back.
    At the same time, Trump has a long standing axe to grind. He bought into the rival USFL in 1984 and filed an anti-trust against the NFL. He ended up with $3 in damages, a collapsed league and a lifetime ban. I am guessing he has not forgotten this.
    The media (mainstream and conservative) is also to blame for their usual "pack of rabid dogs" attitude toward the story. Now everyone from pro players down to kids leagues wants to take a knee, stay seated or stand on their head before games. Anything that will get them on TV or in the news.

I'm not going to "boycott" watching or doing something I enjoy just because players are exercising their right to freedom of expression. I don't normally watching football anyway. But I am going to watch baseball and hockey no matter what. As long as the players are out their giving their best and respecting the game.
    I won't watch MMA because it glorifies steroid abuse. These are guys who are so brain dead they probably have to be led around when they are not fighting.
    I don't watching boxing because it is crooked as held. I don't watch car racing because three hours of driving in a circle seems almost as exciting as mowing the lawn.
    I would rather watch real sports.

11. Likes mundame liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Trump bears partial blame for this mess by wasting his time feuding with the NFL. As POTUS, he should have more important things to attend to. As he famously tweeted at Obama a few years back.
    At the same time, Trump has a long standing axe to grind. He bought into the rival USFL in 1984 and filed an anti-trust against the NFL. He ended up with $3 in damages, a collapsed league and a lifetime ban. I am guessing he has not forgotten this.
    The media (mainstream and conservative) is also to blame for their usual "pack of rabid dogs" attitude toward the story. Now everyone from pro players down to kids leagues wants to take a knee, stay seated or stand on their head before games. Anything that will get them on TV or in the news.

I'm not going to "boycott" watching or doing something I enjoy just because players are exercising their right to freedom of expression. I don't normally watching football anyway. But I am going to watch baseball and hockey no matter what. As long as the players are out their giving their best and respecting the game.
    I won't watch MMA because it glorifies steroid abuse. These are guys who are so brain dead they probably have to be led around when they are not fighting.
    I don't watching boxing because it is crooked as held. I don't watch car racing because three hours of driving in a circle seems almost as exciting as mowing the lawn.
    I would rather watch real sports.
    I was with you right up to the fantasy about Trump and the USFL being behind this. His big mouth, yes. The USFL? Doubtful at best.

"Real sports" is based on individual preference. I'd rather pull my own teeth with tweezers than watch hockey. A bunch of thugs with sticks chasing a black tiddly-wink as an excuse to ram each other into a plexiglass wall. What was that you said about NASCAR? And if you think those hockey players aren't juicing, I got some swampland in West Texas for sale.

You aren't going to "boycott" because it isn't what you WANT to do; not necessarily what is the right or best thing to do.

I DO agree Trump has made this a thousand times worse by sticking his nose in because he and the media have now made hit about him and who doesn't like him chiming in. Along with agreeing that Trump has no business sticking his nose in, I am 110% in agreement with completely cutting all government funding to pro sports. It's a business and the fans that want to watch others go do what they wish they could should be the ones paying for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I was with you right up to the fantasy about Trump and the USFL being behind this. His big mouth, yes. The USFL? Doubtful at best.
    Go look up Trump's involvement with the USFL. He lost a lot of money and a lot of face in that deal.

Hockey requires a lot more individual skill than other sports. Remember that players are wearing skates (not shoes) and participating on an artificial surface (ice). It moves quicker than most sports.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Go look up Trump's involvement with the USFL. He lost a lot of money and a lot of face in that deal.

Hockey requires a lot more individual skill than other sports. Remember that players are wearing skates (not shoes) and participating on an artificial surface (ice). It moves quicker than most sports.
    I was around during Trump's involvement with the USFL and recall the whole deal very well. My family lived in Jacksonville, FL where my stepfather is from (and I wish they'd stayed). They had a SUFL team and my stepfather is a total football and basketball junkie.

Sorry. Hockey sucks. I'd rather watch NASCAR (which I don't).

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Won't be watching any games. Normally we watch several. At least our dropping Red Zone last month isn't as big a deal, lol.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Started my boycott two years ago

Hey, y'all.

I am surprised how many people we know are boycotting. My husband is up at a trap range with a rabid NFL ex-fan who just decided not to watch Sunday football --- or any other games.

I stopped watching cold turkey when so many players were assaulting their baby mamas and the little toddlers. I didn't have to cheer for people doing crimes like that. NFL: National Felons League.
    Last edited by mundame; 10-01-2017 at 09:12 AM.

19. Thanks Black Diamond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Hey, y'all.
    Heya, Mundame!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Keapernick, the coward should ask the Military about how the NFL should act....

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

22. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Hey, y'all.

I am surprised how many people we know are boycotting. My husband is up at a trap range with a rabid NFL ex-fan who just decided not to watch Sunday football --- or any other games.

I stopped watching cold turkey when so many players were assaulting their baby mamas and the little toddlers. I didn't have to cheer for people doing crimes like that. NFL: National Felons League.
    Went to my Mom's and played with the grandkids. They don't cry as much as NFL players.