Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default I am once again an NBA fan

I was hugely into it back in the 80's and early 90's, but then just slowly lost interest over time, no major reason.

Anyway, ..... I'll let the article and memo speak for itself. And yeah, I know some will say "forced patriotism", and I'll say in reply "shove it". This is forced respect while performing your jobs. If some don't like it, then maybe some should rethink our history, and our flag, and how those freedoms remain today.

At VERY minimum, why not kneel for a minute like the Cowboys did, THEN stand for the anthem respectfully? Still sucks, but no disrespect to the endless things I can list that it all stands for, beginning with honoring America.

---

Memo reinforces rule that NBA players, coaches stand for anthem

The NBA sent a memo late Friday to teams reinforcing its rule that players and coaches stand for the national anthem, suggesting other ways in which they might address the recent protest movement sweeping across the NFL and other sports.

The memo, a copy of which was obtained by ESPN, was distributed by deputy commissioner Mark Tatum. It instructs teams that "the league office will determine how to deal with any possible instance in which a player, coach, or trainer does not stand for the anthem."

The memo states that individual teams "do not have the discretion to waive" the rule that players, coaches and staff stand for the anthem. The league has the discretion to discipline players who violate the rule. It is not clear if the league would exercise it in the event of any protest. The league also does not want teams independently disciplining players, sources say, and has encouraged open dialogue within teams.

In the memo, Tatum suggests teams might address the current political climate by having players and coaches give a joint pregame address at their first home games.

"This could include a message of unity and how the team is committed to bringing the community together this season," the memo states.

The memo also suggests teams might prepare a video tribute or public service announcement featuring "team leadership speaking about the issues they care about."

The memo comes a day after commissioner Adam Silver said he expects players to stand for the national anthem.

Rest - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ational-anthem
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

watch lebron pull some stunt. daring the NBA to suspend him. How will he be able to resist after the tweets he has sent to trump. and will the warriors be able to resist?
    Last edited by Black Diamond; 09-30-2017 at 02:12 PM.