Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
Can't relate to this in marriage. I would never marry someone without integrity. People telegraph who they are in many ways. If somehow you read the person you wanted to marry that wrong, then you weren't paying close enough attention, or decided to only see what you wanted to see.

Oh and btw, we know very well two couples where the husband got the house and contents outright. The women got none of it. And they aren't druggies or alcoholics or anything dangerous to the kids. They were both great moms in fact.
I don't think I need to tell anyone who know's me about my Mom, and how I felt about her. She was a great mom! Perfect in my book. Dad as perfect too! My parents were always there for us, for me. I can go on about each, but it's not about who did more or a contest. They were both great parents and mom's and dad's.

Still, there was only one home when it came time to divorce. Dad was awarded full primary custody and the family home. We still saw Mom every weekend, and actually whenever we felt like it since she lived mostly within walking distance. But Dad "won" in court with the house and the kiddos, and kept the car, trailer and other crap, and had to give mom some $$ in return. It all worked out just fine for our family, but I point this out to show that Dad doesn't always get screwed. Nor Mom in our instance.