Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
I will admit that we have never shared a $200 dinner. In fact, we very rarely eat out. I prefer to cook at home, or help my daughter cook. We don't do anything extravagant. Pretty much everything we earn is invested.
It is unfortunate that you feel the need to be so calculated in your relationship. Real love is respecting your spouse and allowing her to make her own decisions, not buying her off with expensive gifts and dinners. Treating your wife like a domestic servant rather than an equal partner in your relationship does not sound like real love to me.
Then again, my husband and I met in real life. He didn't need to buy me off the internet.

$200 dinner? Dang, don't get me wrong, maybe the night you get married, an anniversary.... or when there are 12 people at the table.

Otherwise? My wife shops from Freshdirect, and plans each meal. Certainly not around money, more around health, but you would think the opposite when you have a belly to keep up with and you see small portions. She's a smart eater & shopper, and my health and wallet benefit from it.

But I'm no dummy. Sometimes the starving is too much. I always have some goodies on hand for those nights! Ok, who am I kidding, that's most nights.

Even my favorite favorite places, which I think are way overpriced but still fantastic food... those places can be $40-50 per plate, for the best steak in town.

We never eat out anymore. It's almost always ordering in when we don't feel like cooking.

The woman has a few secretaries at work. Every now and again she'll bark an order or 2 in my direction. Sometimes I blindly do it. Most of the time I need to remind her.

No "love" will be found by purchasing on the internet, nor respect. Only time together can make that happen.

You can't hurry love, no you just have to wait. Love don't come easy, it's a game of give and take!