Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    There's nothing cruel about being judgement-proof. Actually I fear healthcare providers more than my wife. It's interesting that you consider zero net worth a form of "spousal cruelty". Don't accumulate wealth and live a rented lifestyle. Spend it as fast as you get it. I will have to tell my wife that I'm committing "spousal cruelty" next time we have a $200 dinner. She will get a kick out of it.
    I will admit that we have never shared a $200 dinner. In fact, we very rarely eat out. I prefer to cook at home, or help my daughter cook. We don't do anything extravagant. Pretty much everything we earn is invested.
    It is unfortunate that you feel the need to be so calculated in your relationship. Real love is respecting your spouse and allowing her to make her own decisions, not buying her off with expensive gifts and dinners. Treating your wife like a domestic servant rather than an equal partner in your relationship does not sound like real love to me.
    Then again, my husband and I met in real life. He didn't need to buy me off the internet.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Correction to your knowledge of Texas law. If one of the spouses abandons home with no intention of returning, they lose.
    I stand corrected. I am sure you have much more knowledge of this than I do. I was just looking it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I stand corrected. I am sure you have much more knowledge of this than I do. I was just looking it up.
    Yep. Wife left and took off to FL with everything she owned. That's abandoning the home. She gets nothing out of me. Unfortunately, I can't get a divorce out of her.

First wife pulled the same stunt in VA and it was the same. While I was busy raising kids and taking care of all the domestic crap she was "working late". At the Club. When she finally got busted, she just left the house. Then tried to take everything. The lawyer kinda changed her mind real quick. She had to take what I gave her.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

You have detailed this before. Makes me unhappy, since you obviously deserved better.

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I must be weird. SEND ME to the couch! No chick flick, no snoring or farting, no eating in the bed something crunchy during the aforementioned chick flick to ensure I can't sleep through one agonizing minute.

MAKE me go downstairs and light a fire and fall asleep to some old, GOOD B&W film without the "Paul Harvey" on the movie. "SEE YOU IN THE MORNING DEAR! HUGS! (yelling cuz she's upstairs )
    Yeah right. My wife has insomnia issues and will think nothing of turning on the Ipad and watch Netflix at 3am, just so she can turn the volume on and light up the room, because apparently it must help her sleep. Does wonders for my sleep too.

The couch, the recliner, the spare bedroom.... not always bad places!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I will admit that we have never shared a $200 dinner. In fact, we very rarely eat out. I prefer to cook at home, or help my daughter cook. We don't do anything extravagant. Pretty much everything we earn is invested.
    It is unfortunate that you feel the need to be so calculated in your relationship. Real love is respecting your spouse and allowing her to make her own decisions, not buying her off with expensive gifts and dinners. Treating your wife like a domestic servant rather than an equal partner in your relationship does not sound like real love to me.
    Then again, my husband and I met in real life. He didn't need to buy me off the internet.

$200 dinner? Dang, don't get me wrong, maybe the night you get married, an anniversary.... or when there are 12 people at the table.

Otherwise? My wife shops from Freshdirect, and plans each meal. Certainly not around money, more around health, but you would think the opposite when you have a belly to keep up with and you see small portions. She's a smart eater & shopper, and my health and wallet benefit from it.

But I'm no dummy. Sometimes the starving is too much. I always have some goodies on hand for those nights! Ok, who am I kidding, that's most nights.

Even my favorite favorite places, which I think are way overpriced but still fantastic food... those places can be $40-50 per plate, for the best steak in town.

We never eat out anymore. It's almost always ordering in when we don't feel like cooking.

The woman has a few secretaries at work. Every now and again she'll bark an order or 2 in my direction. Sometimes I blindly do it. Most of the time I need to remind her.

No "love" will be found by purchasing on the internet, nor respect. Only time together can make that happen.

You can't hurry love, no you just have to wait. Love don't come easy, it's a game of give and take!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

You have detailed this before. Makes me unhappy, since you obviously deserved better.
    Thanks but I wasn't trying to make me the issue. Just the legal experience .

It isn't as bad as it used to be. When my parents got divorced in Texas, my dad got his clock cleaned and he didn't do anything to earn it. They've changed the law a tad since 1966. When my daughter went through her divorce, the idiot she was married to was getting every benefit of the doubt when he didn't deserve any. Unless you consider moving in with the girl that lived upstairs while my daughter was at her Mom's okay.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yeah right. My wife has insomnia issues and will think nothing of turning on the Ipad and watch Netflix at 3am, just so she can turn the volume on and light up the room, because apparently it must help her sleep. Does wonders for my sleep too.

The couch, the recliner, the spare bedroom.... not always bad places!!
    Here's mine: "You need to study for your license". I come home from work and devote and hour a day to studying for the test. She gets home around the same time, walks into the kitcchen, gets on her phone and gabs forever with her foghorn voice. But it's my fault I can't study.

And don't let it be the last two minutes of any game or movie I happen to be watching. Oh Hell NO. Daughter, granddaughters, used to be wife, AND my mom get right in line to make sure I miss it. If the doesn't work the cat will puke But interrupt "Jphnny Loves Janey Who is Dying of Cancer?" Unfeeling brute